The Best Affiliate Marketing Tools Of 2020
- The Best Affiliate Marketing Tools Of 2020
- Keyword Spy Review: Affiliate Research & Competitive
- BigSpy Affiliate Program - BigSpy - #1 Free Adspy Tool
- Affiliate Marketing: How Do Affiliates Make Money With Spy
- Remove Malware & Spyware with Anti - SUPERAntiSpyware
#BlackLivesMatter Info and Resource Mega Thread
submitted by sk716theFirst to YoullAllBeSorry [link] [comments]
A lot of white people are at a loss. For the first time, they're finally starting to recognize their privilege. That means a whole lot of white people are asking "What can I do to help?", "Why is this happening?" and "How do we fix it?". So here we go. If you have articles or information to add, comment it below.
We'll begin with Teen Vogue
1. Listen without being defensive
If you're truly interested in genuine change, the most important development you can make is evolving your worldview. In fact, one can argue that being open to evolving your ideas is the precursor to even desiring to see change occur. But the most important part of active listening is fighting the human urge to respond to someone's social critiques by being defensive.
Sometimes when we hear someone explaining why something is negatively affecting them, we feel compelled to inform that person of all the ways our life is difficult, too. Or, we choose to only focus in on the one part of their analysis that possibly could be a negative statement about ourselves. It's critical to listen to groups like Black Lives Matter with an open mind and heart, instead of only selectively listening to the parts you want to contest.
2. Do not dehumanize "criminals"
The anti-police brutality movement is not about asserting that every Black person who comes in contact with the police is a great, upstanding person. It's about believing that senseless killings and excessive force are not right, and definitely should not be focused in one community. Part of what makes America great is the commitment to due process. If someone does something wrong, they should face the consequences of the law — and not broken bones or mortal wounds before a trial takes place.
Deprogramming your mind away from seeing suspects as evil criminals with irretrievable souls is the fastest way to avoid finding yourself aligning with bigots.
3. Make it a voting issue in your area
Being conscious of prejudiced social ills is a great start forward. Ready to put your thoughts into action? The best way to get started is to find out who your local politicians are, and ask them one simple question: "What is your policy on ending police brutality?"
You will either have a substantive conversation with a great person serious about creating change, or you will be ignored or given an incredibly insulting or roundabout answer...which will tell you everything you need to know about their commitment to addressing this problem. As a voter, that politician should be working for your vote and you don't need to be intimidated to remind them of that.
4. Join Campaign Zero
If someone ever asks you, "So, what's the plan to end police brutality?" send them directly to Campaign Zero's website because it breaks it down in a comprehensive 10-point plan. The site helps you find your local rep, provides an infographic on state-by-state legislation, and even tells you where the presidential candidates stand on these topics. It's an amazing resource to utilize and an awesome cause to stand behind.
5. Use your privilege
Black Lives Matter and many of the other organizations fighting state-sponsored violence are predominantly comprised of Black women, many of whom are also part of the LGBTQ+ community. If Black women are out protesting and you see them being abused, treated unfairly, or being discriminated against, using your privilege to intervene could help save someone's life. After all, white women have always been a part of upholding white supremacy.
6. Go out and protest
Do not be fooled into believing that protests are about violent clashes with the police, or choking on tear gas, or getting arrested. Social actions take many different forms.
Creating a social media page dedicated to tracking particular issues or cases is one great way to help out. Walk-outs are an effective way of spreading a message and can be organized at your school or in a large social group. Starting online petitions on a site like change.org is also an effective way of making your voice heard.
7. Donate to victims' families
Families of the victims are often left scrambling to pay for unexpected funeral and legal costs. Look for a GoFundMe or other crowdfunded account account set up on behalf of victims, and verify it to make sure it’s legitimate. (Direct friends and family will typically be making donations and leaving supportive comments). In instances where protesters are arrested and may not be able to afford bail, look to see if there are bail funds you can donate to to help them out.
8. Advocate for mental health intervention
The part of this discussion that continues to be woefully unnoticed is how many victims of police brutality also have mental conditions. Some reports say that at least half of all police shooting victims struggled with some form of serious mental health crisis. An important part of saving lives is creating more resources to help people experiencing these issues, especially in poor neighborhoods and Black and brown communities.
9. Record police encounters responsibly
First, know your rights. Second, be respectful, courteous and don't interfere with the scene taking place. Third, make sure you have a special app so if you do witness something important or you find yourself being detained, your video can't just be easily erased. Check out this comprehensive resource guide on safely and ethically filming police misconduct for more information.
10. Push to remove and punish bad police officers
It is important to realize that Black Lives Matter is not waging a war on police — it's waging a war on bad cops. The type of officers who disrespect their badge by not upholding their duty to protect and serve citizens. The type of officers who assault the most vulnerable amongst us instead of protecting them. The type of people who shoot first and ask questions later. These are not men and women who we should be fine with keeping their jobs.
The first step can often involve contacting the police department that the officer works at (which is typically released to the public before their identity is) and demanding that the officer's identity is revealed to the public. If you already have the officer's name, the next step is to contact your mayor and demand that the officer be relieved of their duties. Use social media sites and online petitions to rally support for the cause.
11. Help good police officers speak up
In our society, where so many people are hellbent on framing this discussion as either being "pro-police and anti-black" or "anti-police and pro-black," a lot of good officers are being caught in the crossfire of being loyal to their comrades and being loyal to the public trust. When police departments and police unions refuse to identify any officers as being unfit for the job, even after being caught on camera doing something horribly wrong, it makes life very difficult for the good officers because speaking out would make them traitorous in some people's eyes. That is why it's so crucial to foster an environment that helps good police officers report the bad police officers and be praised for it, instead of being punished.
This can be done by advocating for transparency from your local and state police. The creation of a civilian review board (like the one in Ferguson) can help provide everyday people with direct access to higher ups in the department, and making official recommendations to their local government. The board can also praise officers who do a good job and make sure the people who act properly are recommended by citizens for promotions.
Support local black owned businesses. If Little Rock has a list, so does your city. Google "Black owned businesses in (your city)". This Twitter thread and the links contained within:
not to be the white asshole who just got here five minutes ago & is already like "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS, GOD, MEGAN," but in researching my book I learned some stuff history class omitted which might be helpful to other white folks, specifically about Fred Hampton. BTW this thread is not for Black folks, who know this already, or for white activists who have already done the work and educated themselves on their history Anti-Racism Reading List (Source):
this thread is for, like, your white relatives who think all protest and all Black activism is inherently threatening And this is not to position myself as an expert, but to share some information, documents and further resources that might help contextualize why one of the state's most powerful weapons against Black people is nice white people. So, COINTELPRO stands for Counter-Intelligence Program, and it was a secret FBI project created by J. Edgar Hoover designed to spy on, infiltrate and discredit every progressive activist movement, with a particular emphasis for Black civil rights leaders, especially the Panthers. If you've heard about, like MLK being wiretapped and blackmailed about his affairs, that was COINTELPRO. They also gave an advance heads-up to KKK-affiliated cops to let them know when Freedom Riders would be coming through town, so they could arm up and be ready for them. COINTELPRO had three core goals w/t the Panthers:
peopleslawoffice.com/wp-content/upl…The greatest danger to the FBI's supremacy was the risk that white people would start realizing, "hey, wait a minute, Black people aren't scary, and the things they're asking for are actually super reasonable, and the way they're being treated is horrible"
- to discredit radical leaders in their own communities, by falsely painting them as snitches or sellouts, spreading rumors that they were collaborating with the FBI or law enforcement, so their own people wouldn't trust them 2. to force rifts between different coalitions with the same values - whether between, say, a very liberal Black civil rights org vs a more centrist one, or between a Black activist group and a Latinx one - to sow chaos and prevent cooperation; and 3, most relevant to our current national conversation - to create a framework in which the vast, vast, vast majority of white people saw not just the Panthers but the entire Black civil rights movement as a violent, disruptive threat which needed constant police control. And the only reason we know that these things were carefully-crafted tactics is that in 1971 a group of white activists broke into an FBI field office in Pennsylvania, stole a bunch of documents and revealed the existence of the then-secret COINTELPRO operation to the public. But the thing about human brains is that when you've believed something for so long that it FEELS TRUE, it is hard to receive or absorb even the most concrete facts in opposition to your idea. So even seeing literal FBI documents saying "HEY, LET'S CONVINCE EVERY WHITE PERSON THAT THE BLACK PANTHERS ARE A BUNCH OF DOMESTIC TERRORISTS LOL" didn't UN-convince white people that the Black Panthers were a bunch of domestic terrorists, because it still FELT TRUE This is a PDF of a pamphlet from 1980 called "Counterintelligence: A Documentary Look at America's Secret Police," and I cannot urge too strongly that white people read it. It's full of leaked FBI memos and documents, including those from the 1971 raid.
so they just .... lied If you grew up, like I grew up, with the vague notion that the Black Panthers like, just went around wantonly shooting at cops, then you might never have learned - I know I didn't - that a huge part of their role in communities was stuff like free breakfast programs for kids. Also, they were by and large armed DEFENSIVELY, not OFFENSIVELY, with firearms and licenses obtained legally, which they used to protect their neighborhoods (cops were less likely to wander in and fuck up some kids for sport if there were a few armed Panthers on the corner) Anyway, so this brings us to Fred Hampton.
I cannot stress enough to white folks who have never heard of Fred Hampton how different our world might be in 2020 if this one man had not been murdered. archives.gov/research/afric… here's a fuller and more detailed biography of his life for anyone who wants more reading
also check out the People's Law Office, who fought for justice for him over the course of decades
peopleslawoffice.com/about-civil-ri… peopleslawoffice.com/about-civil-ri…“The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther” by Jeffrey Haas (a Jewish civil rights activist and a Panther lawyer) is also a great book, and all of this has far more information than I can dump on you in a Twitter thread, BUT So Fred Hampton was this just extraordinary young person, who really wanted to play for the Yankees when he grew up, but instead he decided to go to school to study law, to help his people. He was a youth organizer for the NAACP in Chicago and a WILDLY charismatic speaker. He joined the Panthers and rose through the ranks so quickly that he was Chairman of the Chicago chapter by like, age 20? And his specialty was coalition-building.
Which is, of course, how he landed on COINTELPRO's radar. The thing that Fred Hampton was really, really good at was going to a group of people with seemingly conflicting ideologies - rival gangs, for example - and convince them of their shared interests, shared need, and common enemy: the white supremacist power structure. The FBI decided to murder him when he was 21 years old, just as he was on the cusp of brokering a transformative collaboration between the Black Panthers, the Latin Kings, and a coalition of white churches to begin organizing in earnest around fair housing. He was drugged by his bodyguard, who was an FBI plant, and assassinated. You can find the details yourself, I don't want to put more brutalization of Black bodies into everyone's timelines, but what you need to know is that the cops broke into his house and fired 99 times. The Panthers fired exactly one shot in response, which was an accidental reflex of a dying man whose hand clenched on the trigger as an unconscious muscle spasm. But part of COINTELPRO was making sure Hoover had local white government leaders in his pocket, and he had locked in the support of state's attorney Edward Hanrahan, and if you read some of the shit they said in the news about the Panthers shooting first, your blood would boil. “Chicago Police Sgt. Daniel Groth, who led the fourteen police raiders, said: 'There must have been six or seven of them firing. The firing must have gone on ten or twelve minutes. If 200 shots were exchanged, that was nothing. It’s a miracle that not one policeman was killed.'" fucking Hanrahan:
"The immediate, violent and criminal reaction of the occupants in shooting at announced police officers emphasizes the extreme viciousness of the Black Panther Party. So does their refusal to cease firing at police officers when urged to do so several times." quotes above taken from this article, which is great - thenation.com/article/was-fr…it cannot be overstated that THE ONLY REASON THE COUNTRY EVENTUALLY LEARNED THAT THIS WAS BULLSHIT was because two years later those people broke into the FBI office and leaked all those COINTELPRO documents that revealed all the details of the murder plot. and it STILL took like 18 years and multiple lawsuits for the surviving Panthers' names to be cleared and for the cops who committed the murders to actually be charged with a crime. Fred Hampton had done nothing wrong except be charismatic and passionate and fight to build a coalition of diverse communities that could have changed not just Chicago but the whole country if he had been allowed to grow up into the elder statesman he deserved to become. And even knowing that the Panthers were victims of a truly insane and terrifying level of stalking, harassment, infiltration, kidnappings, murders, blackmail, threats and violence, FROM THEIR GOVERNMENT, the narrative about them among white people was already locked in. So, white people: that nervous, uncomfortable feeling you have when Black people are visibly no longer afraid of us in public? when they hold up signs, when they shout, when they march, when they fight back?
congrats, you're giving J. Edgar Hoover just what he wanted from you. that feeling of "i mean I don't like racism either, but do they have to be so AGGRESSIVE about it?"
that message was focus-grouped and finely-crafted and distributed through whisper networks and has soaked into the air you breathe and the water you drink, by your government. And the fact that COINTELPRO, as Hoover initially conceived of it, was performatively disbanded after it was revealed to the public does not mean that the FBI or law enforcement actually abandoned those tools.
Those tools still work! They're working now! When you learn white people history in white people schools your whole life, one of the most poisonous threads running through it is this confident, implicit trust in institutions. This idea that the government, while imperfect, is nonethless reliably on the side of Good For All. Most white people learn about the Civil Rights Era only through a few carefully-selected MLK quotes misinterpreted as a call for niceness. If you're about the Black Panthers at all, it's often with an air of danger and menace, even now. So I didn't learn about Assata Shakur and the Panther 28, I didn't learn about Fred Hampton and COINTELPRO, I didn't learn about Nixon and J. Edgar Hoover and the Southern Strategy and the FBI's strategic attacks on Freedom Riders, until I was in my thirties. we as white people have NO LIVED CONTEXT for what it means to grow up as Black in America, where the entire system of law enforcement is not just not there to help, but is actively at war with you, and carefully rewriting the narrative to make the victims look like the threat. all of this is to say:
read up on Black history. especially the parts that make you feel uncomfortable in your whiteness. sit with that. that's our work.
examine your sources. law enforcement and government have a vested interest in redirecting your fear to Black protesters. the American government has been invested since its inception, and with redoubled efforts since the Civil Rights Era, in convincing white people that Black people need our permission and approval for how they ask us to give them some rights, and we can say no if they're too rude. And whoever you are, however woke you think you are, that is IN YOU
it was sure as hell in me
it's BAKED IN. we've been breathing it in our very air. this notion that the only good protest is nice, quiet, polite, and "you're not helping your case" if things get loud and messy. a lot of people have been tweeting good threads, which I've been boosting whenever I see them, about the danger of the white protest tourist, who wants the dopamine rush of smashing windows but without the messy internal work of the "how" and "why" but i look at people like Portland's mayor, Ted Wheeler, with his curfew and his disappointed dad lectures about property damage, and I think about how delighted someone like Hoover would be to see even Democrat leaders still, in 2020, doing his fucking work for him. the things we believe about the world come from somewhere. and we HATE admitting that we're wrong, or that we've been the victim of a disinformation campaign, or that we've been manipulated. it's terrifying to realize up is down and down is up and you were lied to the whole time. but white people:
we were lied to the whole time. and we will never stop being the fucking problem until we start digging deep and rooting out all the things we were told to be true by people we should never have trusted. tl;dr, fuck J. Edgar Hoover. last link, I promise, but this is a TV special created for the 40th anniversary of Hampton's death and everybody should watch it
okay now i'm done
democracynow.org/2009/12/4/the_…Good morning I’m thrilled this blew up and that white folks are learning about Fred Hampton
please know that I am not a historian, I write time travel sci-fi and this is a tiny incomplete slice of the story, which is why I included so many sources for further reading This came up in the replies but the documentary “Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution” (on Netflix,and for non-US folks I think people were finding it on YouTube) covers a lot of the stuff I left out. I found it really helpful and hopefully you will too. If you want another story about a person you should have learned about in history class, did you know that Tupac’s mom was a WHOLE BADASS??? Add Afeni Shakur and The Panther 21 to your reading list after Fred Hampton.
google.com/amp/s/www.work…A group of 21 Panthers were wrongly accused by the cops of a bunch of terrorist plots in NYC and at age 22, with no legal training, and pregnant, Afeni Shakur served as her own counsel in the trial and FUCKING WON and cleared all their names, where is her movie some further context on the documentary I mentioned above! as always, it's helpful to consume information from a variety of sources and check everything for implicit bias.
Anti-Racist Starter Kit: Stamped from the Beginning - Ibram X Kendi A People's History of the United States - Howard Zinn (There is a "young people's" version for elementary and middle school readers) White Fragility - Robin Diangelo So you want to talk about race - Ijeoma Oluo I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness - Austin Channing Brown Me and White Supremcy - Layla F Saad Stamped - Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi
Anti-Racist Intermediate Kit: The Burning House: Jim Crow and the Making of Modern America - Anders Walker The New Jim Crow - Michelle Alexander The Condemnation of Blackness - Khalil Gibran Muhammad Dying of Whiteness - Jonathan Metzl A Different Mirror - Ronald Takaki How to be an AntiRacist - Ibram X Kendi How the South Wont the Civil War - Heather Cox Richardson
Anti-Racist Topic Specifics: Evicted - Matthew Desmond Nobody - Marc Lamont Hill Lies My Teacher Told Me - James W Loewen Why are all the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria - Berver Doniel Tatum, PhD The Color of Law - Richard Rothstein Blackballed - Darryl Pinkney Lies My Teacher Told Me - James W. Loewen
Anti-Racist Lit; Bios, Non-fiction, novels, personal narratives: The Warmth of Other Sons - Isabel Wilkerson The Fire Next time - James Baldwin Malcolm X - Alex Haley Between the World and Me - Ta-Nehisi Coates Killing Rage Ending Racism - Bell Hooks Becoming - Michelle Obama An American By Marriage - Tayari Jones A Good Time for the Truth: Race in Minnesota - The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother - James McBride Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption - Bryan Stevenson The Myth Of Race - Robert Sussman
Anti-Racist Lit - Black Feminism: How we Get Free - Keeanga-Yamhtta Taylor Black Feminits Thought - Patricia Hill Collins Ain't I a Woman Black Women and Feminism - Bell Hooks Bad Feminist - Roxane Gay Eloquent Rage - Brittney Cooper In Search of Our Mothers Gardens - Alice Walker Sister Outsider - Audre Lorde Women Race & Class - Angela Y Davis Assata: An Autobiography - Assata Shakur To Exist is to Resist: Black Feminism in Europe - Akwugo Emejulu and Francesca Sobande
Anti Racist List Black LGBTQ+: Giovanni's Room - James Baldwin Zami - Audre Lorde Real Life - Brandon Taylor Unapologetic A black, queer, and feminist Mandate for Radical Movements - Charlene A Carruthers No Tea, No Shade: New Writings in Black Queer Studies - E. Patrick Johnson Since I Laid My Burden Down - Brontez Purnell The Other Side of Paradise - Staceyann Chin No Ashes in the Fire - Darnell L. Moore The Summer We Got Free - Mia McKenzie Black Like Me - John Howard Griffin Rising Out of Hatred - Eli Saslow Black On Both Sides: A Racial History of Trans Identiy - C. Riley Snorton
A Friend's Unicron Trilogy OC
So, my friend has been working on their take on the Unicron Trilogy for years now. They still haven't gotten anything down yet, combination of laziness and trying to get original characters to fit into the story. submitted by LadySeraphii to transformers [link] [comments]
This is the first Transformer they created when they started the project. I wanted to get some feedback for them, so they said I could post this version of the character. They admitted this version is a bit outdated, but they didn't have the new notes on hand.
There also isn't currently a good enough picture of the character, so sorry about that?
Here he is:
Aliases: Empty Convoy (Armada), Wraith Convoy (Energon), Hell Convoy (Cybertron/Galaxy Force)
Sub-Group: Sparkless, Super Vehicles
Function: Nomadis Commander
Partner(s): Lady, Sky Hunter, Strike-Down
Motto: "Your peace will never be the answer."
Alternate Mode(s): Semi truck, Tank/Truck Hybrid, Fire engine/Aircraft
Cruel and calculating, Shadow Optimus usually keeps to himself. He keeps himself and the goal of the Nomadis hidden, content with observing the conflict between the Autobots and Decepticons until he believes he has enough information to act on his plans. However, despite his cold demeanor, he is noted to be very caring when it comes to the other members of the Nomadis faction, and any non-Transformer species. Often putting himself in danger to assist them.
Shadow Optimus is the battle-weary leader of the Nomadis Faction. He appears as a black and white duplicate of the Autobot Commander, Optimus Prime. Aside from coloring, three jagged scars going across the left side of his face, and a metal plate bolted over his missing right eye also distinguish him from Prime.
Beginning life as a nameless, amnesiac Transformer, Shadow Optimus wandered the war stricken Cybertron, often coming into conflict with many Autobot and Decepticon Patrols. However, after barely managing to survive an encounter with the Decepticon Tidal Wave and his Dark Fleet, he was found by a pair of Transformers, the Autobot Death Grip and Decepticon Lady-Lady.
The two, deserters of their respective factions, quickly went about nursing the injured Transformer, giving him the name 'Primer', in reference to how close he resembled the Autobot Leader. The newly recovered Primer then continued to stay with them, assisting them with their plan to create a refuge for other deserters like themselves.
However, the three were discovered by both factions during a mission to recover pre-war supplies. The group was attacked, both factions mistaking them as combatants of the other faction. Death Grip and Lady-Lady lost their lives in the assault. Enraged, Primer attacked the combatants, managing to take out a large number of each faction before succumbing to his own injuries.
Before his Spark faded however, a dark voice offered Primer a second chance to avenge his friends. Its only condition that he would become its envoy, tasked with ensuring the continuation of the war until it revealed itself. Quickly accepting its offer for revenge, the voice bestowed the mysterious Empty Matrix unto him.
The Matrix then painfully reformatted him into an exact copy of the Autobot Commander. His mind clouded from a combination of his own rage and the Matrix's corrupting nature, he quickly became a mindless berserker. Attacking any Transformer in his path, regardless of what they were. This caused many rumors that his hunting grounds were haunted by a horrific monster that consumed the Sparks of any Transformer that set foot there.
Many centuries passed, and Primer encountered an Ex-Decepticon spy named Strike-Down. The mischievous spy fought the berserker for several days, ultimately ending in a stalemate. Strike-Down then began attempting to converse with the exhausted Primer. Slowly managing to regain his mind, due to these conversations, the Transformer began relaying his past to the spy.
Strike-Down then suggested that instead of going after random soldiers, he should direct his anger towards the Faction Leaders, Optimus Prime and Megatron. Agreeing with this plan, the two then set about their plans to eradicate the Autobots and Decepticons. At this point, following one of their conversations, Strike-Down renamed Primer to Shadow Optimus, despite his protests that he didn't need a name. However, Strike-Down retorted that he would need a name to strike fear into the Sparks of his enemies.
The two then went about with their plan, staging several assaults in an attempt to draw both leaders onto the front-lines. Along the way Shadow Optimus encountered a Mini-con that partnered with him, he gave her the name Lady. This was also when the Nomadis faction was created, named by Strike-Down to note their mysterious nature.
Finally managing to draw out both of the Faction leaders, Shadow Optimus began an attack on the city of Iacon. The battle raged for an unknown amount of time, with Shadow Optimus managing to destroy several thousand Transformers of either faction in the battle.
However, on the final day of the battle, both of the opposing leaders encountered Shadow Optimus. The three fought fiercely, Shadow Optimus gaining his scars from Megatron in exchange for destroying the Decepticon's left arm. The battle would have continued, but the Autobot scout Hot Shot fired a point-blank blast from Optimus' Maximum Blaster, blasting a hole through Shadow Optimus' chest and right eye. As the Nomadis' spark faded the battle quickly drew to a close.
Strike-Down quickly recovered the body of Shadow Optimus, not wanting the Factions to get a hold of it. Wanting to hide the body until after the war, he was surprised to see Shadow Optimus regenerated by the power of the Empty Matrix. After recovering, Strike-Down's Mini-Con Medic, bolted a metal plate over his missing eye, and fitted his 'Spark Eater' Blaster into his now empty Spark Chamber.
The two then remained in hiding until the Autobots and Decepticons received a signal from the long lost Mini-Con carrier. He then followed the Leaders to Earth to resume his plan to permanently end the war.
Empty Matrix: The mysterious artifact behind his power and regeneration. It twisted his body from only a slight resemblance to the Autobot Leader, to an exact copy. Eventually shown to have the power to temporarily create shadow versions of other Transformers. Used to keep Shadow Optimus alive after he loses his Spark.
Lady: Shadow Optimus' Mini-Con companion that transforms into a Stealth Fighter. Tries to appear proper despite her cruel nature. Can combine with Shadow Optimus' Titan Mode to allow use of the True Spark Eater. Jealous of Shadow Optimus' care of Sky.
Spark Eater: A modified replication of Optimus Prime's Maximum Blaster. Has extendable claws along the barrel to hold a Transformer in place, or crush them if the gun is otherwise damaged. Modified to sit in Shadow Optimus' chest after he loses his Spark.
Reinforced Armor: Armor created by the Empty Matrix during Shadow Optimus' reformat. Giving him immunity to attacks from Transformers Voyager-Class and below. However, a lower ranked fighter using the weapon of a Leader-Class or above can bypass this defense.
Battle Platform: A trailer similar of that of Optimus Prime's, can also be used to combine into Shadow Optimus Titan Mode.
Mjolnir: A mindless copy of Jetfire, used to create Blitz Shadow Optimus.
Hand Blade: Similar to to that of Megatron, most often used as an interrogation tool.
Ubisoft needs to stop with this Always Online bullshit; Epic Games Store is literal Spyware and worse.
submitted by Amnail to pcgaming [link] [comments]
We as a gaming community have become complacent. What many years ago we use to call bullshit on, we now praise devs for doing. Even defending companies when they are obviously pulling highly illegal and shady practices. People are saying Rockstar is generous for "fixing" a problem in Red Dead Online that Rockstar themselves created by allowing us to purchase funbux, or how we should be thankful that Rockstar allows us to buy one brand new car in GTA for $40. We've even gone as far as accepting ToSes that are highly illegal. This shit wouldn't fly twenty years ago, so why should it now?
Instead of making two topics on this, I'll merge it. I'll start with Ubisoft.
Ubisoft recently announced that their upcoming game Beyond Good & Evil 2 will require always online, even for singleplayer. Did we really forget the shit they tried to pull with Assassin's Creed 2? Or how about The Crew series? Speaking of, let's go right into that. The Crew, and The Crew 2, is a more recent example from them of adding in always online where it didn't need to be. Nothing in that game series is revolutionary. In by all means it is a game you can play by yourself from beginning to end. You know what other series does this, and gives a lot more and also happens to be able to be played offline? Forza Horizon. Everything The Crew does, Horizon did better and first. Without no forced online to boot. You may try to bring up FH4 as "always online". It's not. Yes, the game puts you online as soon as you play it, but you will miss nothing other than the hourly Forzathon Lives. The point is that you can completely disconnect from the internet and still be able to play FH4. Can't do the same with The Crew games. Not to mention once the master server is done, so is your time playing it. Ubisoft's excuse was that it was because it's a "mmo". Let's be honest, that's a poor excuse. It was just a forced DRM. Just like they're going to do with Beyond Good & Evil 2. "But it's the norm!" It doesn't have to be the norm, but since people keep buying these games it's starting to become the norm. Imagine in the near future, where almost all singleplayer games are always online, and since it's on say Xbox or PlayStation, you're required to have a XBL/PSN subscription to even play it even though there is no online aspects. This is that path we're heading towards. Is this what we really wanted? We let them get away with microtransactions when they added them in full priced games. We let them get away with lootboxes when they added them in full priced singleplayer games. We have no one to blame but ourselves for this. We allowed it. Give them an inch, they'll take the whole country.
I saved the worst for last. Oh boy what a mess the Epic Games Store is. Tell me, has anyone actually read the TOS? No? Well, we still have a problem. According to even the TOS, Epic Games Store is literal spyware. They're not even trying to hide it. Their TOS states they have the right to monitor you and send the data to their parent company. And who is Epic's parent company? The Chinese dev that's known for spying for the Chinese government. Tencent. The same Tencent who's working hand in hand with the Chinese Government to work on tools to spy on their own citizens. Escentially Epic Games is owned by the Chinese Government. What better way to monitor people than by videogames and a Steam like program people usually never close? The TOS somehow even manages to get worse the more you read it.
"4. User Generated Content
Any content that you create, generate, or make available through the Epic Games store application shall be “UGC”. You hereby grant to Epic a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise exploit your UGC for any purposes, for all current and future methods and forms of exploitation in any country. You may not create, generate, or make available any UGC to which you do not have the right to grant Epic such license. In addition, you may not create, generate, or make available any UGC that is illegal or violates or infringes another’s rights, including intellectual property rights or privacy, publicity or moral rights. Epic reserves the right to take down any UGC in its discretion
Literally says "hey give us the ability to exploit your works". Before you state Steam says the same, let me quote someone here on the difference.
"So basically, Steam's EULA is restricted to content uploaded to Steam, and Valve is only allowed to use the content for the purpose of Steam promotion.
Epic's EULA is not restricted at all, may apply even to recordings of games played on the Epic store uploaded on Youtube, and may be used for literally any goddamn thing Epic wants to. You could upload a mod for the original Unreal to the Epic Store, and by doing so you'd grant Epic the rights to sell the mod and make money off of your creation. By making a Let's Play of a game hosted on the Epic Store, you'd grant Epic the right to monetize your video. Valve is simply not allowed to do that with their license.
Remember, this is all in the TOS, so that means simply making an account there means you agree to everything. Quite funny how no one is covering this, but instead is covering "Why you should ditch Steam and switch to Epic Games Store, totally not a paid review".
Edit 1: I've seen a point brought up, and while it is a good point it is a bit flawed. Yes, I may not have anything worth spying on, nor may you. But millions of people will have that launcher, and out of those millions are bound to be some who do have something worth it. That's really all it takes.
Edit 2: The Human Rights bit is referencing the Epic Store TOS. Someone in the comments has went even deeper into this, https://www.reddit.com/pcgaming/comments/a9lntx/ubisoft_needs_to_stop_with_this_always_online/eclsx52/?context=3
Edit 3: I never said they would sell your personal data. You can't "sell" something to your parent company after all. The bit where I said "sell" was me quoting something in their TOS about something completely different. The whole User Generated Content bit.
Edit 4: I saw some posts about why should I care about my $40 car example. For starters, Rockstar cut out Singleplayer DLC to turn into updates for GTAO. In the PS3/360 Era of GTAV, all GTAO content was put in for use in Singleplayer as well, for free. This stopped as soon as it came out for PS4/One. One car should not be almost the cost of a full price game. $40 use to buy you a lot with microtransactions a few years back. The value can be set at anything. It doesn't cost them a dime. The actual developers do not see any of this "extra" money. The publishers and higher ups do. If anything, one car should not be more than $3.
Edit 5: I've had a few people dig into my history to try to point out I'm part of the problem for lootboxes. Maybe. Maybe not. I will not deny I create items for Team Fortress 2. I will not deny that if an item is accepted that I made, I get part of the sales. I will not deny that Team Fortress 2 has lootboxes.
But I will say this. TF2 started lootboxes and still is one of the few games that do it correctly. Me making hats for Team Fortress 2 did not turn lootboxes into the greedy cesspit it is today. Publishers seeing what they can get away with did.
Edit 6: Changed "obviously violate our human rights." to "obviously pulling highly illegal and shady practices." due to poor choice of words. However it still is valid; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_privacy#Universal_Declaration_of_Human_Rights
Edit 7: I would also like to point you to this direction, also dealing with Epic Games Store's TOS https://www.reddit.com/Games/comments/a43dxi/the_epic_games_store_does_not_seem_to_comply_with/
Edit 8: The UGC and Spyware are two different things, just grouped together because it involves the same company. I even lead the UGC with "The TOS somehow even manages to get worse the more you read it.". How are people missing this?
Edit 9: No, me having things sold by Valve is not being a hypocrite. Epic can sell whatever they want, without you seeing a dime. Valve however, the TF2 Workshop's whole point was to upload items/maps to be accepted for use in the game, while getting paid for them.
Edit 10: A user in this very thread pointed out Steam's TOS vs Epic Games Store's. https://www.reddit.com/pcgaming/comments/a9lntx/ubisoft_needs_to_stop_with_this_always_online/eclrviv/
"When you upload your content to Steam to make it available to other users and/or to Valve, you grant Valve and its affiliates the worldwide, non-exclusive, right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, transcode, translate, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and publicly perform, your User Generated Content, and derivative works of your User Generated Content, for the purpose of the operation, distribution and promotion of the Steam service, Steam games or other Steam offerings. This license is granted to Valve as the content is uploaded on Steam for the entire duration of the intellectual property rights."
Short version: we're allowed to send stuff that you want shared to people like you want, and we can use it in our own displays after modifying it. If it's set to private we can't and we can't do anything beyond those.
"Any content that you create, generate, or make available through the Epic Games store application shall be “UGC”. You hereby grant to Epic a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise exploit your UGC for any purposes, for all current and future methods and forms of exploitation in any country. You may not create, generate, or make available any UGC to which you do not have the right to grant Epic such license. In addition, you may not create, generate, or make available any UGC that is illegal or violates or infringes another’s rights, including intellectual property rights or privacy, publicity or moral rights. Epic reserves the right to take down any UGC in its discretion."
"Any content" that we can argue you created though the store, such as with a game you downloaded through us,
"[do literally anything with it with no kickback to you] license",
"license to [do literally everything including sell it, create future games from it, make it] and [literally any way to profit off it that hasn't yet been invented]"
"You may not create content that by some technicality would prevent us from having this license"
Edit 11: "Vote with your wallet" is bullshit and you should know it by now. Mostly because it's not organized and the people that need to know, don't know.
Edit 12: Might I mention that Tencent is the same company that's trying to do a Social Credit Score system in China for the government. See: https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-tech-giants-have-a-second-job-helping-the-government-see-everything-1512056284
To sum it up, I'll quote another Redditor
Epic is half owned by Tencent, a company that is quite literally running an Orwellian social credit system experiment in China, drawing all sorts of invasive data about users to rate their loyalty as citizens, and punish them for disobedience. And as noted above, this is the same company that now wants you to install an app with a shady TOS, widely accused of being spyware.
Here's a video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI
Edit 13: I am apparently not the only one who thinks something is up with the TOS Epic has you agree to. Not to mention the official response given completely danced around everything, summing up with and I'll quote another Redditor on this
He doesn't come out and say "we're not collecting that much data", he doesn't say "our EULA isn't that shady"... He super duper pinky promises that Epic will never misuse the data they're allegedly collecting, and no CEO has ever betrayed the public's trust before, so you can deff put your faith in Epic. Tim will never let that happen. And another
Exactly, his words mean nothing when the terms and conditions, which all users agreed to, give them permission to do the opposite of what he said. Written contracts supersede verbal agreements. How about some more
I hate how much we just implicitly trust these silicon valley tech psychopath types to do the ethical thing and secure our personal information. Even the way they reply to valid criticism like this comes off as condescending and arrogant, like they're angry they even have to respond.
Time and time again they've been breached due to absolutely ridiculous vulnerabilities that any basic penetration test by an independent audit would have found. And these people will inherit the future.
How many times have companies such as Facebook, Google, and others made misleading promises about user privacy?
Edit 14: Everything I have stated can even be verified with a quick search.
Edit 15: They have recently revised the TOS, however it still does not comply with the GDPR.
Edit 16: Let us not forget the other companies Tencent has their hands in, as we should also be weary of them
. Interesting enough, Tencent is no stranger to controversy.
Edit 17: Tencent and Tencent subsidiaries have denied spying before, only to be caught in a lie.
JMAn's Biased Voting Guide for CBRXS2 AKA all 61 civs you need to vote for
submitted by jmangelo67 to civbattleroyale [link] [comments]
I inarguably know best and I am campaigning because I need to get Reddit karma and presence on this sub. Let's do this. (This is meant to be taken as my serious picks but a lot of this is just my humor, not actual insults. Not all picks have a reasonable explanation, but are my picks regardless)
1) Northern British Isles & Greenland:
The Picts. Let's face it, Robert the Bruce got his shit kicked in. They settled North??? FUCKING NORTH? Moving in, the Picts are at the northernmost tip of the Isles. The only direction they will settle is south until they get boats. Not to mention the Spearmen of the Picts are extremely powerful attackers and can scorch enemy lands extremely fast and well. They trade good, too. The Picts are badasses. Give them the spot.
2) England & Ireland:
Wales under Owain Glwyndr. Cymru am byth! I won't lie, Llewelyn is not the best AI. He is not nearly as complex as Owain, and despite the strategic resources being available to Llewelyn over the course of the mid game, Owain has much more powerful uniques in comparison and is overall one of the stronger BR civs. Thought Caratacus and Atlee are big competition in this fight... Cmon guys, you know Wales is the rightful ruler of the Isles. They'll give the Picts a good fight and make the theatre much more interesting to start, unlike this BR between the Isle of Mann and Scotland.
Sweden under Karl XII. Inarguably one of the most brutal military AIs in the community, Karl XII will bring Tre Kronor to glory. He is not my favourite, not by a long shot, but damnit he is good. Damnit he will be a contender. Damnit he is the hard handed version of the Inuit. Damnit, he is the militaristic genius Scandinavia needs. No more success due to snowballing. Success will be defined by a strong contender, not weird gimmicks or a neighbouring civilization.
Spain under Francisco Franco. You best ROLL that R when you read that name! Francisco Franco is based on a WW2 fascist who somehow managed to keep out of aiding the Axis (thank our spies for that). Franco is an EXCELLENT bad guy. You know religion? That thing you all see as useless? Well Franco MAKES it worthwhile. Whereas Algeria had been defensive, Franco attacks with religion. It weakens cities, it makes its units harder. He is a powerhouse. Plus he gets war bombers that blow up cities. How neato is that? Vote Franco for your Big Bad from Iberia!
5) France and (most of) the Low Countries:
France under Clemenceau. You will find that if I can pick a WWI nation, I will likely put preference on it. But the Paris Peace Conference UA is so powerful that the expansion of cities brought on by peace deals will make Clemenceau an excellent choice. Let's face it, a civ rarely gets killed in one war. It takes multiple attacks to win this game. And with random DoWs, France will have an excellent start to combat civs like Karl XII, Owain, Franco, and my other choices here. Put Clemenceau HIGH on your list. He is worth the consideration.
Germany under Wilhelm II. Again, World War I. The Schlieffen Plan is an excellent portrait of German warfare. It certainly would be better placed as Hitler's UA but... fuck that guy, Wilhelm is cooler anyways. Stormtroopers are juggernauts of the late mid-game, and the U-Boat is an excellent hit and run naval unit. The World War theme in Europe allows for quite the battle of militaristic brains. Give the Kaiser a chance to shine, people! Also acceptable is the Netherlands but you will leave most of Germany empty.
You have four options here, any other choice is dead wrong. Italy under Victor Emmanuel III keeps with the World War I theme. They perform very well in the Balkans, which will be their niggest hurdle. They also perform very well in defensive wars, which they're going to need to do to excel here. Italy under Mussolini. Military production powerhouse, and has a great naval game. Their ship is stronger than Emmanuel's ship. Also a great bad guy. Papal States under Innocent III. Crusades and the masters of the slow game. Like Minoa, an excellent underdog AI. Unlike Minoa, doesn't have a dogshit start and its uniques will apply through the whole game. Final optipn here is Two Sicilies. It has the best Naval AI. Period. That is due to their uniques and how they spawn naval units that are both powerful and quantitatively high. They are also arguably one of the most interesting options. I want any of these four. Don't make me mad and pick something else.
8): "Southeast Europe" but actually the Balkans:
I know you think I will say Venizelos Greece because I'm a Greek and want the WWI theme. Or a city state. Surprise, not going to pick that. Albania under Skanderbeg is without a doubt one of the toughest nuts to crack, and has a beautiful crimson colour scheme to boot. Stradiot are brokenly hard defensively, the city distance bonus means great things if they survive the early game, and the Kulle heals Albanian units and increases unit production. What more can you want? This civ is a Balkanite's wet dream for BRs. And if you don't like my Shiqipi brothers in Albania, pick Shiqipi sisters in Kosovo. Their UA is chaotic and awesome. Go read it. If you loke neither, vote Ferdinand I's Bulgaria (cool WWI Bulgaria) OR Venizelos. If you don't like Modern, vote Thebes under Epaminondas. Thebes is cool.
9) Poland and the Baltics:
Poland under Jozef Piłsudski. Teutonic Knights are redundant, you already have Germany. Want Lithuania? Well, Piłsudski was ethnically Lithuanian. Want World War I? Piłsudski and Paderewsky practically lead an underground movement to free Poland during WWI. Want the best Poland? Even Senshidenshi
agrees that this is the best Poland. Poland stronk. Piłsudski brings back Intermarium Polska. Piłsudski makes Poland the Christ of All Nations. If they fall behind in tech? Or military? Who cares? Poland's uniques are made to fight an uphill battle and WIN. Poland is STRONK.
10) Gulf of Finland:
Russia under Nicholas II. Aside from the World War I theme that I am obsessed with here, this civilization is decidedly NOT terrible. I am eyeing Stalin and Ivan the TERRIBLE here. This civilization is not overly complex. It is not Catherine the Great. It is not Finland under Mannerheim, but damnit... just listen to what I have to say about its opponent.
11) Russia and East Europe:
USSR under Lenin. If you pick Nicholas II, you can get Lenin and relive your Bolshevik Revolution fantasy in the BR. Have them duke this blood feud out! Maybe even get Kolchak in on it in the Asia vote! Lenin is... historically bad at AI games. But it does not change that this will make for an interwsting rivalry in Russia. But if you want a... ugh. Actual civ to have a chance? Vote for Olga's Kievan Rus. It is inarguably one of the better AIs in the region and TarcisioCM has such a limited quantity of quality civilizations already that haven't been in a BR. It gets buffs to promoting units and from breaking diplomatic deals which will happen ALL THE TIME. They will storm their enemies and win quite handily. Behind that, Vladimir and Pskov are cool.
12) The Urals:
The Nenets. This is inarguable. There are only four civs in this region. Both Kazan and Khanty-Mansi have the issues of being dated & simple and brokenly overpowered respectively. Great Perm and the Nenets are the real competition, and Great Perm loses only because its uniques are gold based in an AI game where gold is practically inconsequential. The Nenets, meanwhile, have doggos. Not only do they have doggos, but they have an ever increasing source of Deer, which in turn means an ever increasing source of Growth until the Future Era late game. The Nenets are the best pick, and I feel bad that I picked the Albanians over Horthy and Senshi needs some of his gudly civs in here.
13) Anatolia & The Holy Land:
Jerusalem under Baldwin III. Let's cut the crap with the Constantinople start. It's a dogshit start for a civ and I am tired of us picking cool civilizations with an insurmountable start over cool civilizations with a good one. It absolutely helps that Baldwin III has a wide and impressive array of tools through his Crusading Order uniques. He will doubtlessly be a strong player, as he has a history of being one and has been one for awhile. If you don't want Crusaders, I suggest the Hittites under Supiluliuma I because it's an ancient culture, a cool civilization, has a start in the center of Anatolia, and Tomatekh has such few civs to choose from nowadays.
Greater Armenia under Tigranes II (JFD). Let me preface that I love the Khazars. They are excellent nomadic horsemen that will let the Steppes run red with blood whilst backed by a glorious Jewish backdrop. But we had a non-Caucasus culture win the Caucasus vote last time, and this civilization is JUST as good, and has a lot of perks to supporting it. Aside from Tigranes II being the greatest Armenian king ever and bringing it to its greatest extent in its history, Greater Armenia has the benefit of having heavy production bonuses to Horse & Siege units. Seriously, their knight UU heals like crazy during wartime and is a defensive powerhouse. They get bonuses to mounted unit production AND get horses from defensive buildings. That's more Horse units than Parthia AND the Kazakhs from CBRX! Already outdoing their competition unique-wise. Having a strong siege line means excellent city damage capabilities. And for you SPQR Nuts out there, this version of Armenia is the Armenia that held both Rome AND Persia at bay, being the strongest buffer state in ancient history. There is a reason why this Armenia has "Greater" in its title. It is because this truly is the most glorious Hayastan in existence. Vote Tigranes II. Vote for Greater Armenia!
15) Nile Valley:
16) East Maghreb:
The Garamantes. The Garamantes have the benefit of having fresh water in their horribly dry desert start vis-à-vis their Foggara UI. They may start inland rather than coastally, but they have the tendency through their Plumed Nomads to travel the Sahara quickly. By doing that, they have scouted out multiple settle opportunities in both the Sahara and Sahel region, meaning that this civilization will have a buff to their expansion no matter their bias roll. They also are a cool ancient desert culture in Fezzan and fought against the Romans. Really rad! If you don't like the Garamantes, I would recommend the Vandals for stumbling fun or Dido's Carthage by JFD.
17) West Maghreb:
Rif. Though I love the Guanches and find their culture fascinating, their TSL and their mechanical uniques lend me to believe that their hope of survival is short lived. Now compare this to the Republic of Rif that gets a buff from mountains. They will get a buff on turn 0 from the Tell Atlas Mountain Range, making them slightly larger than other civilizations at the start. They will also have access to lots of coast and a healthy military. The Mountains will increase their production of Qaids, a Great General replacement, that gives maluses to enemy Great Generals during wartime! Not only that, but their Gatlin Gun replacement is an excellent long range unit come the later section of the game.
18) West Africa:
Dahomey. Though I am partial to Senegal, Dahomey is doubtlessly the more militaristic and stronger choice that also prevents crowding on the coast. They have strong military uniques and a badass all-women warrior caste. I highly recommend them.
This region is a real tossup for choices. On the one hand, Nok under Sarki is an excellent civilization that was being developed for... a century or something. Then Sokoto is a great military civilization and would be an interesting successor to Benin. Then Nri by JFD is super memey. Then Nigeria is obviously the most popular choice and is not a bad pick either. This one, you have to decide on.
20) Congo Basin:
Kasanje. Let's NOT have another Nzinga and have Kasanje Kulunga lead. They have a rapidly growing infrastructure and good gold maintenance, as well as a strong Swordsman UU that has bonuses against cities.
21) Horn of Africa:
Somalia under Mohammad Siad Barre. TopHat hasn't gotten any love up until this point and he sorely needs it. Somalia is a civilization in a location we are not used to: The actual coast of the Horn. It will have the unique opportunity to settle the Arabian Peninsula, whilst also promoting a naval army through promotions and trade through the culturally prominent poets of Somalia, the Gabyaga.
22) The Great Rift Valley & Madagascar:
Bunyoro. A lesser known Kingdom from western Uganda, this is one of CurlySnail's more interesting civilizations. This civilization will have direct access to Lake Victoria at the start, as well as a propensity to get strategic resources through infrastructure. The bonuses to gaining strategic resources are incredible, and make this early game civilization a survivor that will thrive in the African battleground. Shoutout to Tanzania though, Troodon's family is from there and he deserves respect.
23) Southwest Africa:
Namibia. This is likely the most aggressive civilization of the bunch available. Though I want South Africa desperately and I love Seretse Khama, Namibia is the obvious choice for any voter. It's the civilization most likely to succeed, not the most likely to fail.
24) Southeast Africa:
Lesotho. Honestly, the memes made me laugh and I like CurlySnail. eSwatini is cool and so is Mozambique but... You know what you need to do here.
25) Iran & Mesopotamia:
The most painful region for me to choose... Iran under Ayatollah Khomeini. I hate that I had to choose between a Mesopotamian and Iranian civilization, but arguably this is the best option so that a civ like Jerusalem can succeed AS WELL as a civ in this region. They can expand West AND East without too much trouble, and it's a nice modern character that you can ascribe villainous traits to. Or good ones. I don't know what you like.
26) Arabian Peninsula:
Bitch if you don't vote Qatar Imma throw a fit and steal your World Cup. No but honestly, it's the only civilization with an Airport as a Unique Building. It is also a rarity due to having a Combat Helicopter that acts like a Submarine. It makes a ton of gold, but more importantly it mass produces Oil. Therefore in the mid game, Qatar will have an excessive amount of Oil units that will make it a hard wall to fight against. I tested it, the AI is pretty decent, and it fights relatively well even when given a desert start.
27) Central Asia:
The Zunbils. FIRE THEME. FIRE NATION ATTACKS. No but really PorkBean made this civilization with love and it is super GOlden Age oriented, something I have not recommended yet. Their UU is a powerhouse despite its short shelf life as a Longswordsman. They are constantly benefitting from the Medic promotion from their Unique Ability. For those that liked the Field Medic in Switzerland but obviously saw Clemenceau's France as the better option (who wouldn't?) then the Zunbils are right up your alley!
28) West India:
The Punjab (JFD). It was a tossup between JFD's Punjab and the Sikhs, but the Sikhs lost me from their UB. The UB from JFD's Punjab is far better in my opinion. Vote either way, but the Punjab are inarguably better equipped here.
29) Eastern India & Tibet:
Konbaung. Are you fucking serious bro? You're telling me you'd rather have the memey Bhutan over the GUYS WHO CAN MOVE THEIR CAPITAL? Grow the fuck up bro, this is the civ.
30) South India:
Chola. A tossup between three civs. One uses faith for cultural great people, one was used in MK2, and then one is a naval power. I chose the naval power, you should too. Also, Tamil Kings.
31) Central Siberia:
I know I plugged the PA-RG way earlier in the post, but the Ket are close to my heart and are one of my favourite new civilizations. It is simple but also expansive and we need some civilizations that go easy on the coding for something less bombastic. The Ket fulfill a need for a simple hero.
Yenesei-Kyrgyz. For a cool, grey civ to support your mute colour needs, vote for Yenesei-Kyrgyz! It has CULTURE and MOBILITY. Honestly that's it. Don't pick Xiongnu cause it's stupidly overpowered when it comes to settling and Bogd Khan is too peaceful.
33) East Siberia:
Primaurye. It's in my opinion EW's best civilization. It is fun to watch it build Rats and gets a rare bonus to puppeting cities rather than occupying them, which is uncommon amongst civilizations. It's a cool concept. Definitely put MayorS Chukchi behind that though. Then Senshi's Chukchi. Then put everything else away.
34) Korea and Manchuria:
South Korea under Park Chung-Hee (Chrisy15). It's one of my favourite civilizations to play, not just watch. I like the other options here except for one. You know how you as a player starting Civ 5 when you were first learning hated seeing Douchey Alexander the Great come up on his horse going "WOAH!" and then he got a diplo victory cause fuck you? Yeah, that's how I feel about the Manchu. I wish to reiterate that I know better than everyone my opinion is the word of God.
Kanto. That has been my pick since the MK3 voting and I am sticking with it. Homusubi rules. But if you don't like Kanto, Iga is pretty cool and has NINJAS bro.
36) Northern China:
Great Jin. It's the best military civ on this list by a landslide. Consider Firaxis China for vanilla representation though.
37) Eastern China:
Wuyue. It's a naval civ that can give the Japan pick a run for its money, or a civ in Oceania if one is nearby. It is a different take on what an Eastern China civ should be, and I appreciate the flavor.
38) Southern China:
Vietnam under Ho Chi Minh (Chrisy15). We do not have many modern civilizations in the Asia theatre, especially amongst my picks (of which Qatar and South Korea are the only ones). Vietnam offers a unique style for the game, which siphons production from rival civilizations, and has a siege unit that can move through Mountains. It would do well against its more Northern enemies, and also balances the Southeast because it allows me to take my Vanilla pick...
39) Southeast Asia
Siam. My Vanilla pick is Siam. It has an awesome expansion bias but is not too powerful militarily. It has elephant units. Vote for my cherubic boy Ramkhamhaeng.
40) Northern Indonesia:
Malacca. Whilst Lanfang is one of the more interesting picks and definitely is inarguably the best AI wise (Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei are all INFAMOUSLY bad), Malacca is also good. It is my pick because it is made by a relatively new and passionate modder that I want to support. Also Malacca in Greek means "King of Masturbators" so I get a little giggle every time I read it. Choose Lanfang if you don't like Malacca, but you know what the right decision is.
41) Southern Indonesia:
Dutch East India Company. Do you know how long I have been waiting for this damn civilization to come out? Like at least a year. And now that it's out, we can use it! Batavia will live on as the Jewel of the Netherlands! But also the Firaxis Indonesia has been used before and the Timor-Leste AI and TSL is dogshit for domination games (but has been pretty memey in the Lefon Royale so give it a look). I think giving this civilization a chance is not unreasonable.
42) Western Australia:
Anangu... I guess?
43) Eastern Australia:
Australia under Billy Hughes (Senshidenshi). No but seriously a militaristic Australia would be exciting. Idk I don't have much thought on Australia as a whole. Wiradjuri is a good second choice though.
44) Northern South Pacific:
Chamorro. It's a middle ground. I don't find Palau to be the best choice in an AI game, nor Nan Madol. The Philippines all have great options; however, they are too close to Wuyue for my comfort. If you want a Philippines however, I would choose Aguinaldo by Cardboard.
45) Southern South Pacific:
Tahiti. Tahiti has extreme bordergore meme qualities, but is also an extremely well versed AI. I am speaking from experience. I saw Tahiti mass produce units and slam into larger civs like a meat grinder till there was a winner. Second for me here is Bora Bora. Third is Samoa.
46) Alaska and Canadian Arctic:
The Aleut under Tukux (MayorS). This is arguably the more powerful Aleut based on uniques. It would have a good midway between Asia and Alaska, and would be able to settle more valuable land in Siberia than the mountain clustered Alaska has to offer. I favor its chances more over most civilizations in this category in spite of their one tile island start, though the Tlingit are obviously a great second that would be a North American contender.
47) Pacific Northwest:
The Chinook. One of my favourite civs of all time, I will put them over the Shoshone automatically. The Coast Salish are the other interesting pick here but... Come on, I wanted a Haida vs. Chinook fight in CBRX and you only gave me half of it. Give me the other half in this mark. Pretty please?
48)Southwest American Desert:
The Deseret (JFD). One of my other favourites and probably the most religious civilization in the continent, the Deseret will probably found Mormonism. And Mormonism is just plain awesome. Aside from that, the Deseret have pretty good growth and mobility, which is pretty surprising. I like them. A good second pick is the Tongva, though.
49) Northern Great Plains:
Three Affiliated Tribes. It's one of my favourite civs. Whilst I like the Cree and find their abilities really cool, the Black Mouth and the rapid growth from the Earth Lodge by TAT is too impressive to look over. Honestly flip a coin between TAT and the Cree though and either choice is perfect.
50) Central Great Plains:
Osage. It has a pretty unique and decent design, as well as an aesthetically pleasing colour scheme. I like it, you like it, we like it. Also Gragg9 is a badass in the community and he practically took over the Power Rankers when there was a huge deluge. I wanna give him the support.
51) Southern US:
The Cajuns (Senshidenshi). It is a great resource focused civ and I want Cajun memes. Make it happen, voters.
52) Eastern US:
America under James K. Polk (Uighur_Caesar). Polk is one of my favourite presidents and he is one of the few America AIs that can manage to win a damn AI game! He has cannons and conquering bonuses! Damnit, I want the U S of A to get a goddamn moment in the sun! We didn't even get it last time because of the FDR v. Fillmore fight!
53) Eastern Canada:
Vermont Republic (RawSasquatch). I honestly would have originally argued the Neutrals or JFD's Canada under Mackenzie King, but this post made me see the light. https://www.reddit.com/civbattleroyale/comments/fli7cw/this_is_how_bernie_can_still_win/
54) Central America:
The Olmecs under U Kix Chan (Leugi). I have wanted these Olmecs since the MK3 vote. They are science guys that build big heads and beat things up to get more science. They have fun.
Cuba under Fulgencio Batista (Uighur_Caesar). I'm going to get flack for this. I want a corrupt despot in the Caribbean, and I am going to push this guy to the MOON if I have to. But if I can't do that the Taino are qt.
Medellin Cartel. The King of Cocaine would be a great callback to the Buccaneers of MK2. It would certainly be a different experience, and I want to try them out. Ask me sometime to tell you about my cocaine story.
57) Amazonian Coast:
Marajoara. It's really the best military option and has growth opportunities after cutting down any jungle it's in. It's my pick. Trinidad & Tobago are a good second though.
Quilombo dos Palmares. I like the idea of a group of slaves learning capoeira and fighting against slavers. I also like how it inspired the ginga style of football for the Selecao. I also like that it can steal settlers rather than turn settlers into workers. I also like the idea of capturing enemy units. I like the Palmaristas.
59) The Andes:
Peru-Bolivia. You get the best parts of Peru AND Bolivia in Peru-Bolivia. Their Gatling Gun UU is a cool symbol to empower women cause Rabona are badasses. Their trade power also gets stronger the more capitals they conquer. That is a nice snowball that does not get too out of control... Except for in a 61 civ AI game but that's fine.
60) Gran Chaco:
Paraguay under Solano Lopez (Uighur_Caesar). I just want a civ with a 14 on their Aggression bias lmao.
The Mapuche under Lautaro (Leugi). I like the Mapuche. They fight really hard and then make a lasting impact if their units are killed. They are protesting in Chile for their rights. The Mapuche kick ass. Vote for the Mapuche. Do it.
Holy FUCK that took forever. Anywho thanks to all the modders who made the civs that are available to vote for, you all have done an excellent job at making these civs and thanks for having a laugh but also a serious look at some of the civilizations on the table for the voting, which is starting tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone's favourites.
Reddit is compromised and they allowed it. They take the money
submitted by GrabEmbytheMAGA to IWork4DavidBrock [link] [comments]
- [The Guardian: British army creates team of Facebook warriors](http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/31/british-army-facebook-warriors-77th-brigade
- [The Guardian: US military studied how to influence Twitter [and Reddit] users in Darpa-funded research ](http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/08/darpa-social-networks-research-twitter-influence-studies
- [The Guardian: The Ministry of Defence is developing a secret, multimillion-pound research programme into the future of cyberwarfare, including how emerging technologies such as social media and psychological techniques can be harnessed by the military to influence people's beliefs. ](https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/ma16/mod-secret-cyberwarfare-programme
- [Vice: Your Government Wants to Militarize Social Media to Influence Your Beliefs](http://motherboard.vice.com/read/your-government-wants-to-militarize-social-media-to-influence-your-beliefs
- [NY Times: The Environmental Protection Agency engaged in “covert propaganda” and violated federal law when it blitzed social media to urge the public to back an Obama administration rule intended to better protect the nation’s streams and surface waters, congressional auditors have concluded.](https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/us/politics/epa-broke-the-law-by-using-social-media-to-push-water-rule-auditor-finds.html
- [CBC News- Canadian government monitors online forums](http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bureaucrats-monitor-online-forums-1.906351
- [Slate on 2018 midterms interference: "Project Lakhta was a Russian influence campaign that had no particular ideological bent; it appears that the goal was simply to stir up conflict in online political debates by putting forth extreme arguments and inflammatory misinformation to incense both liberals and conservatives."](https://slate.com/technology/2018/10/what-we-know-about-the-russian-woman-whom-the-u-s-just-charged-for-meddling-in-the-midterms.html
- [NY Times: The Secret Agenda of a Facebook Quiz (Cambridge Analytica)](https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/opinion/the-secret-agenda-of-a-facebook-quiz.html
- [NY Times- From a nondescript office building in St. Petersburg, Russia, an army of well-paid “trolls” has tried to wreak havoc all around the Internet — and in real-life American communities.](http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html?_r=1
- [Washington Post: Facebook says it sold political ads to Russian company during 2016 election ](https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/facebook-says-it-sold-political-ads-to-russian-company-during-2016-election/2017/09/06/32f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.53932fce0e4c
- [New York Times: "Hundreds of people work at a so-called troll farm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to smother the voices of dissidents like Mr. Khashoggi."](https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/20/us/politics/saudi-image-campaign-twitter.html
- [CNN: Facebook announces first takedown of influence campaign with ties to Saudi government](https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/01/tech/facebook-saudi-arabia-pages-removed/index.html
- [The Nation: US Officials Won’t Say if a New Anti–Russian Propaganda Project (shilling on social media) Is Targeting Americans. The newly created Global Engagement Center’s “focus and intent” is foreign audiences, but officials won’t rule out propagandizing Americans and funding American journalists.](https://www.thenation.com/article/us-officials-wont-say-if-a-new-anti-russia-propaganda-project-is-targeting-americans/
- [Ex -MMA fighter and ex-police officer exposes corrupt police practices, which includes infiltrating Reddit communities and becoming moderators in order to manipulate and censor information.](https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/6jn27s/ex_mma_fighter_and_expolice_officer_exposes/
- [Times of Israel: Israeli government paying bilingual students to spread propaganda online primarily to international communities without having to identify themselves as working for the government. "The [student] union will operate computer rooms for the project...it was decided to establish a permanent structure of activity on the Internet through the students at academic institutions in the country."](http://www.timesofisrael.com/pmo-stealthily-recruiting-students-for-online-advocacy/
- [The Intercept: Leaked Documents Reveal Counterterrorism Tactics Used at Standing Rock to “Defeat Pipeline Insurgencies." TigerSwan attempted a counterinformation campaign by creating and distributing content critical of the protests on social media.](https://theintercept.com/2017/05/27/leaked-documents-reveal-security-firms-counterterrorism-tactics-at-standing-rock-to-defeat-pipeline-insurgencies/
- [WashingtonPost: Obama pick for NSA review panel wanted paid, pro-government shills in chat rooms](https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/08/23/obama-pick-for-nsa-review-panel-wanted-paid-pro-government-shills-in-chat-rooms/
) (Thread with [source paper.](https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/4d3l3s/government_agents_and_their_allies_might_ente
- [Psy Group developed elaborate information operations for commercial clients and political candidates around the world, which included infiltrating target audiences with elaborately crafted social-media personas. The CEO of PSY Group was former commander of an Israeli psychological warfare unit. Tactics deployed by PSY Group in foreign elections included inflaming divisions in opposition groups and playing on deep-seated cultural and ethnic conflicts, something the firm called “poisoning the well." It has conducted messaging/influence operations in well over a dozen languages and dialects and employs an elite group of high-ranking former officers from some of the world’s most renowned intelligence units.](http://archive.is/BBblQ
- [Wired: Clinton Staff and Volunteers Busted for Astroturfing [in 2007]](http://www.wired.com/2007/12/clinton-staff-a/
- [Vice: Amazon Requires Police to Shill Surveillance Cameras in Secret Agreement](https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb88za/amazon-requires-police-to-shill-surveillance-cameras-in-secret-agreement
- [The Intercept: The Rise of the Net Center. How an Army of Trolls Protects Guatemala’s Corrupt Elite.](https://theintercept.com/2018/04/07/guatemala-anti-corruption-trolls-smear-campaign/
- [The Independent: Massive British PR firm caught on video: "We've got all sorts of dark arts...The ambition is to drown that negative content and make sure that you have positive content online." They discuss techniques for managing reputations online and creating/maintaining 3rd-party blogs that seem independent.](http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/caught-on-camera-top-lobbyists-boasting-how-they-influence-the-pm-6272760.html
- [The Guardian: US spy operation to manipulate social media](http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/ma17/us-spy-operation-social-networks
- [Washington Post: Why crafty Internet trolls in the Philippines may be coming to a website near you](https://web.archive.org/web/20190801065640/https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/why-crafty-internet-trolls-in-the-philippines-may-be-coming-to-a-website-near-you/2019/07/25/c5d42ee2-5c53-11e9-98d4-844088d135f2_story.html?utm_term=.f7d1ebb7c19b
- [BBC: Vietnam admits deploying bloggers to support the Communist Party's policies, operates a network of nearly 1,000 "public opinion shapers".](http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-20982985
- [Glenn Greenwald: How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations](https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
- [The Intercept: Behavioural Science Support for JTRIG’S Effects and Online HUMINT Operations](https://theintercept.com/document/2015/06/22/behavioural-science-support-jtrig/
- [USA Today: The co-owner of a major Pentagon propaganda contractor publicly admitted that he was behind a series of websites used in an attempt to discredit two USA TODAY journalists who had reported on the contractor.](http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/military/story/2012-05-24/Leonie-usa-today-propaganda-pentagon/55190450/1
- [Glenn Greenwald: Hacking Online Polls and Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet](https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/07/14/manipulating-online-polls-ways-british-spies-seek-control-internet/
- [The Guardian: Chinese officials flood the Chinese internet with positive social media posts to distract their population](http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/20/chinese-officials-create-488m-social-media-posts-a-year-study-finds
- [The Guardian: Pentagon preparing for mass civil breakdown - Social science is being militarised to develop 'operational tools' to target peaceful activists and protest movements. "Minerva"-funded social scientists tied to Pentagon counterinsurgency operations are involved in the "study of emotions in stoking or quelling ideologically driven movements," he said, including how "to counteract grassroots movements."](https://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown
- [Bloomberg: How to Hack an Election [and influence voters with fake social media accounts]](http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/
- [USA Today: Businesses and organizations may refer to it as a tool for competitive advantage and marketing; but make no mistake, they are using the massive reach of social media and the Internet as a weapon. One U.S. 3-letter special agent said, "You could influence an election with this."](http://archive.is/37tK3
- [Times of Israel - The internet: Israel’s new PR battlefield](http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-rise-of-digital-diplomacy-could-be-changing-israels-media-image/
- [Arstechnica: GCHQ’s menu of tools spreads disinformation across Internet-
“Effects capabilities” allow analysts to twist truth subtly or spam relentlessly.](http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/ghcqs-chinese-menu-of-tools-spread-disinformation-across-internet/
- [The Guardian: Internet Astroturfing](http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/dec/13/astroturf-libertarians-internet-democracy
- [BBC News: US plans to 'fight the net' revealed](http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4655196.stm
- [Israel is paying internet workers to manipulate online content such as Wikipedia](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2DFnGI9Ac
) (2 minute video)
- [Buzzfeed: Documents Show How Russia’s Troll Army Hit America](http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/documents-show-how-russias-troll-army-hit-america#.ki8Mz97ly
- [NY Times: Effort to Expose Russia’s ‘Troll Army’ Draws Vicious Retaliation](http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/world/europe/russia-finland-nato-trolls.html?_r=1
- [Raw Story: CENTCOM engages bloggers](http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Raw_obtains_CENTCOM_email_to_bloggers_1016.html
- [Wired: Air Force Releases ‘Counter-Blog’ Marching Orders](http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/01/usaf-blog-respo/
- [Wired: Military Report: Secretly ‘Recruit or Hire Bloggers’](http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/report-recruit/
- [The Guardian: Israel ups the stakes in the propaganda war](http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/nov/20/mondaymediasection.israel
- [BBC News: China's Internet spin doctors](http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7783640.stm
- [Raw Story: Air Force ordered software to manage army of fake virtual people](http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/18/revealed-air-force-ordered-software-to-manage-army-of-fake-virtual-people/
- [DailyKos: HBGary: Automated social media management](http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/16/945768/-UPDATED-The-HB-Gary-Email-That-Should-Concern-Us-All
- [Huffington Post- Exposing Cyber Shills and Social Media's Underworld](http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-fiorella/cyber-shills_b_2803801.html
- [Wall Street Journal: Turkey's Government Forms 6,000-Member Social Media Team](http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323527004579079151479634742?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424127887323527004579079151479634742.html
- [The Bush and Gore campaigns of 2000 used methods similar to the Chinese government for conducting “guided discussions” in chatrooms designed to influence citizens](https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/3xhoq8/til_the_advent_of_social_media_offers_new_routes/?st=j0o5xr9c&sh=3662f0dc
- [Salon: Why Reddit moderators are censoring Glenn Greenwald’s latest news story on shills](http://www.salon.com/2014/02/28/why_reddit_moderators_are_censoring_glenn_greenwalds_latest_bombshell_partne
#Shilling in the Private Sector
- [NPR: Some Amazon Reviews Are Too Good To Be Believed. They're Paid For. "Much like Amazon itself is a marketplace for goods, a world of separate, shadow marketplaces exists where reviews for Amazon products are bought and paid for — private Facebook groups, Slack channels, subreddits and more."](https://www.npr.org/2018/07/30/629800775/some-amazon-reviews-are-too-good-to-be-believed-theyre-paid-for
- [Fake five-star reviews being bought and sold online - Fake online reviews are being openly traded on the internet, a BBC investigation has found.](http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43907695
- [Yahoo News: Last month the FTC issued warnings to celebrities who plugged products on their Instagram accounts without clearly identifying their relationships with brands. The letters were meant to educate the celebrities on posting without violating the organization’s disclosure guidelines.](https://www.yahoo.com/style/ftc-issued-warnings-45-celebrities-212910992.html
- [New York Times: Tobacco corporations are targeting young American consumers with deceptive social media marketing in violation of federal law. 123 hashtags associated with these companies’ tobacco products have been viewed 8.8 billion times in the United States alone and 25 billion times around the world.](https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/health/tobacco-social-media-smoking.html
- [PBS Frontline Documentary - Generation Like](http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/generation-like/
- [USA Today: Lord & Taylor settles FTC charges over paid Instagram posts](http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/03/15/lord--taylor-settles-ftc-charges-over-paid-instagram-posts/81801972/
- [Wired: Microsoft, through an outside agency, paid Machinima to produce positive videos about the Xbox One game machine, and many of the YouTube stars who accepted the deal failed to properly disclose that they were producing paid, sponsored content, not independent analysis.](http://www.wired.com/2015/09/ftc-machinima-microsoft-youtube/
- [CNBC: The Federal Reserve Bank is soliciting proposals from developers for a "Social Listening Platform" that will monitor "Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums and YouTube...to "Handle crisis situations, "continuously monitor conversations, identify and reach out to key bloggers and influencers." ](https://www.cnbc.com/id/44701381
- [CNN: A PR firm has revealed that it is behind two blogs that previously appeared to be created by independent supporters of Wal-Mart. The blogs Working Families for Wal-mart and subsidiary site Paid Critics are written by 3 employees of PR firm Edelman, for whom Wal-Mart is a paid client. ](http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/20/news/companies/walmart_blogs/index.htm
- [The Verge: Anti-net neutrality spammers are impersonating real people to flood FCC comments](https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/10/15610744/anti-net-neutrality-fake-comments-identities
- [Vice: Trolls Paid by a Telecom Lobbying Firm Keep Commenting on My Net Neutrality Articles](https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/trolls-paid-by-a-telecom-lobbying-firm-keep-commenting-on-my-net-neutrality-articles-806
- [The Guardian: In a New York investigation dubbed "Operation Clean Turf," dentists, lawyers, an ultra-sound clinic, Staten Island bus company US Coachways, a charter bus operator, a teeth-whitening service, a laser hair-removal chain and an adult entertainment club were caught buying fake reviews. The fake review companies posted on sites like Citysearch, Google, Yahoo and Yelp.](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/23/new-york-fake-online-reviews-yoghurt
- [New York Times: When a Company's Product Is Under Fire, One Option is to Plant a Defender in the Chat Room](http://partners.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/10/circuits/articles/14spin.html
- [Time: Social Media Manipulation? When “Indie” Bloggers and Businesses Get Cozy](http://business.time.com/2013/04/22/social-media-manipulation-when-indie-bloggers-and-businesses-get-cozy/
- [New York Times: Give Yourself 5 Stars? Online, It Might Cost You](http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/technology/give-yourself-4-stars-online-it-might-cost-you.html?src=me&ref=general
- [Chicago Tribune: Nutrition for sale: How Kellogg worked with 'independent experts' to tout cereal](http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-kellogg-independent-experts-cereal-20161121-story.html
- [The Atlantic: Kim Kardashian was paid to post a selfie on Instagram and Twitter advertising a pharmaceutical product. Sent to 42 million followers on Instagram and 32 million on Twitter, this illegal advertisement did not contain any risk information or language specifying that it was a paid endorsement.](http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/09/fda-drug-promotion-social-media/404563/
- [Warner Brothers fined for paying YouTube celebs to promote game without properly disclosing that the videos were paid endorsements.](https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/12/warner-brothers-fined-for-paying-youtube-celebs-to-promote-game/?ncid=mobilenavtrend
- [Gamers promote gaming-gambling site on youtube by pretending to hit jackpot without disclosing that they own the site. They tried to retroactively write a disclosure covering their tracks, but were caught.](http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-lotto-investigation-uncovers-colossal-conflict-of-interest/
- [CSGO Lotto Owners Settle FTC’s First-Ever Complaint Against Individual Social Media Influencers](https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/09/csgo-lotto-owners-settle-ftcs-first-ever-complaint-against
- ["Internet Reputation Management," founded by three partners in the New York area, recruits bloggers to write about clients on third-party sites, without necessarily disclosing that they're paid](http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2008-04-30/do-reputation-management-services-work-businessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice
- [Slate: Want to Get Paid For TV Criticism? Shill for DISH.](http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/02/07/paid_internet_commenters_an_investigation_into_the_bizarrely_complex_marketing.html
- [Sony viral marketing campaign exposed (2006). The company admits they ran the shady advertising campaign.](https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2006/dec/11/newsonyviral
- [ADWEEK: Marketing on Reddit Is Scary, But These Success Stories Show Big Potential](http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/marketing-reddit-scary-these-success-stories-show-big-potential-168278
- [BBC news: Amazon targets 1,114 'fake reviewers' in Seattle lawsuit](http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34565631
- [New York Times: Lifestyle Lift, a cosmetic surgery company, reached a settlement with the State of New York over its attempts to fake positive consumer reviews on the Web. The company had ordered employees to pretend they were satisfied customers and write glowing reviews of its face-lift procedure on Web sites](http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/technology/internet/15lift.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
- [Samsung Electronics Fined for Fake Online Comments](http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/samsung-electronics-fined-for-fake-online-comments/?_r=0
) [in Taiwan]
- [Artificial intelligence chatbots will overwhelm human speech online; the rise of MADCOMs](https://medium.com/artificial-intelligence-policy-laws-and-ethics/artificial-intelligence-chatbots-will-overwhelm-human-speech-online-the-rise-of-madcoms-e007818f31a1
- [Russian bots were active on Reddit last year, from /RussiaLago
- [BBC- How online chatbots are already tricking you- Intelligent machines that can pass for humans have long been dreamed of, but as Chris Baraniuk argues, they’re already among us. The ramifications of astroturfing are in fact so serious that the US Department of Defense funded research to detect chatbots.](http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140609-how-online-bots-are-tricking-you
- [Wired: Powered by rapid advances in artificial intelligence, propaganda bots will soon run on genetic algorithms that let their ideas and messaging evolve, based on the resonance and effectiveness of previous messages. We are likely to see versions of these bots deployed on US audiences as part of the 2016 presidential election campaigns.](http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2015/06/wired-world-2015/robot-propaganda
- [BBC: More than four times as many tweets were made by automated accounts in favour of Donald Trump around the first US presidential debate as by those backing Hillary Clinton, a study says.](http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37684418
- [Discover Magazine: Researchers Uncover Twitter Bot Army That’s 350,000 Strong](http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2017/01/20/twitter-bot-army/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20DiscoverTechnology%20%28Discover%20Technology%29#.WIMl-oiLTnA
- [The Rise of Social Bots](http://www.cacm.acm.org/magazines/2016/7/204021-the-rise-of-social-bots/fulltext
- [Forbes: From Tinder Bots To 'Cuban Twitter', Welcome To 'Cognitive Hacking'](http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/04/17/from-tinder-bots-to-covert-social-networks-welcome-to-cognitive-hacking/#4b78e2d92a7d
- [Wired: Pro-Government Twitter Bots Try to Hush Mexican Activists](http://www.wired.com/2015/08/pro-government-twitter-bots-try-hush-mexican-activists/
#Information about shilling on Reddit
spammed Reddit with links to The Atlantic. "The Daily Dot has confirmed that slaterhearst was Jared Keller, the associate editor and social media editor at magazine giant The Atlantic."](https://www.dailydot.com/society/atlantic-slaterhearst-jared-keller-reddit/
- [Forbes: Reddit Is Being Manipulated By Big Financial Services Companies](https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgrego2017/02/20/reddit-is-being-manipulated-by-big-financial-services-companies/#30b8b4f74c92
- [User pushes InfoWars links on Reddit, eventually admits to working for Infowars.](https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/6uau99/chemicals_in_reddit_are_turning_memes_gay_take/?st=j6r0g2om&sh=96f3dbf4
- [Shareblue accounts caught in /politics
posting links to Shareblue without disclosing their affiliation, which caused the mods to create a new disclosure rule and an official Shareblue account was registered. About a month later, Shareblue was again caught shilling on /politics
without disclosing ties to the outlet, which caused them to ban Shareblue links to the sub.](http://archive.is/7HAkr
- [Hillary Clinton Super Pac and "strategic research and rapid response team designed to defend Hillary Clinton from baseless attacks" openly admits to shilling on Reddit.](https://web.archive.org/web/20160618091140/http://correctrecord.org/barrier-breakers-2016-a-project-of-correct-the-record/
- [User posts video using GoPro, gets video to front page, admits in comments that GoPro sent him free cameras in exchange for advertising.](https://np.reddit.com/videos/comments/2ejpbb/yes_it_is_true_i_boiled_my_gopro_to_get_you_this/ck0btnb/?context=3&st=j0qt0xnf&sh=ef13ba81
) (archive: http://archive.is/ICGrl
- [Top mod of /Mechanical_Gifs
tries to sell subreddit on ebay for 999.00 dollars.](http://archive.is/kU1Ly
- [How Reddit Got Huge: Tons of Fake Accounts - According to Reddit cofounder Steve Huffman, in the early days the Reddit crew just faked it ‘til they made it.](https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/how-reddit-got-huge-tons-of-fake-accounts--2
- [Shill posts picture of a dog in a hammock with the brand clearly visible without indicating that it's an ad in the title of the post, making it an illegal advertisement. Later, he posts a promo code in the comments for 20 percent off his hammocks.](http://archive.is/Mfdk9
- [Redditor who works for a potato mailing company admits to being a shill. He shows off his 27 thousand dollars he made in /pics
) (Screenshot because he deleted his posts.) [[Here's the thread.](https://np.reddit.com/HailCorporate/comments/3gl8zi/that_potato_mailing_company_is_at_it_again/
talks about gaming reddit via sockpuppets and how online discourse is (easily) manipulated.](https://np.reddit.com/netsec/comments/38wl43/we_used_sock_puppets_in_rnetsec_last_year_and_are
- [Reddit is being gamed by professional shills every day. We investigate how widespread the problem of fake comments and fake votes is in our Reddit For Sale follow-up. [11:48]](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uIrnEIuL8o&t
- [Reddit For Sale: How We Bought The Top Spot For $200 [8:27]](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAkUs3urrg
- [Some websites use shill accounts to spam their competitor's articles, causing their competitors to become banned on Reddit.](https://np.reddit.com/TheoryOfReddit/comments/1ja4nf/lets_talk_about_those_playing_reddit_with/?st=iunay35w&sh=d841095d
- [Wikileaks: Reddit cofounder consulting for Stratfor to bring in the social media dollars](https://search.wikileaks.org/gifiles/?viewemailid=282044
- [Shilling on Reddit is openly admitted to in this Forbes article](http://www.forbes.com/sites/julesschroede2016/03/10/the-magic-formula-behind-going-viral-on-reddit/#1d2485b05271
- [What I learned selling my Reddit accounts](https://medium.com/@Rob79/what-i-learned-selling-my-reddit-accounts-c5e9f6348005#.u5zt0mti3
- [Reddit automation bot: "Run Up To 100 Threads, Checks For Valid Proxy Access & Also To Check If Banned From Site, Keyword Based Submission Finder & Vote Up/Down Capabilities, Mass upvote or downvote Mode..."](https://web.archive.org/web/20160323141612/http://www.blackhattoolz.com/redditbot.php
- [Reddit Secrets, buy upvotes](https://archive.fo/SCWN7
- [Reddit Secrets, buy pre-aged and high karma accounts](https://archive.fo/NAwBx
Nick Fury creates black op organizations to draw out the most sinister villains and uses the clash of good vs evil as catalysts to usher in new technology for humans in the event super humans cannot protect us.
My theory suggests that Nick from MCU purposely sews chaos (albeit chaotic good) in attempt to surface and pop all bubbles that are hazards to earth and humanity. He goes from solid good guy to questioning everything, only putting 1 foot in the water at all times. The internal conflict with his own govt and the Kree/Skrull deception turns him, and from that point on his motives are set: he aims to assemble the best humanity has to offer (super or otherwise) in an attempt to protect humanity’s interests. However, he does this knowing the rift it will cause: supers coming out public, new sentient alien life forms, but above all else, it attracts evil that lies dormant. SHIELD to its affiliates see it as just that, a protective barrier. While this seems extremely heroic, Fury sees SHIELD as the device to bring forth any whom plot against us. Since setting SHIELD in motion, the tools humans have had at their disposal have increased exponentially due to alien tech and some of the most genius minds, whether good or evil. This was all part of Fury’s plan: create a “good guy” team, trust no one, defeat threats, use all tech after the fact, then rinse and repeat. We all know Fury is the ultimate spy and much of my speculation is already accepted as fact, i feel my theory varies in that his motivation almost parallels thanos in many ways which could make himself seem villainous at times. submitted by Spatula151 to FanTheories [link] [comments]
DBS: Broly World Premiere - Expect Regular Updates
submitted by Terez27 to dbz [link] [comments]
The event will be streamed in about 5-10 minutes (4:15am ET, 6:15pm JT). Of course they won't stream the actual movie, but the preliminary festivities will include several VAs, the director Tatsuya Nagamine, etc. Follow @Herms98
tweet a summary of these comments. Stream archive Herms thread
Nozawa's entrance line: "Fight me now." Horikawa: "This is no time to play around" (both from the last trailer) thread 2
Nakao: "Greetings Earthlings!" Hisakawa: "We should be able to find the remaining Dragon Ball there" Furukawa: "Sorry to keep you waiting. Makankosappo!"
Katsuhisa Hoki: "I'll raise Broly into the ultimate Saiyan and get my revenge!" (another trailer line)
Shimada: "Ooooooooooooooooohhh!" (probably also said during a trailer at some point)
Opening remarks: Nozawa’s surprised to be at a place like this. Horikawa is happy to see so many people here. Nakao: “a MARVELOUS turnout.” Hisakawa: “I’m truly grateful that this wonderful cast has welcomed me as part of the family.” Furukawa: “It’s too wonderful for words.” thread 3
Thoughts on movie: Nozawa: “It betrays expectations, in a good way. Horikawa: “Good fights right to the end, but its not just battles, it’s fun too.” Nakao: “Freeza may be fighting alongside Goku again, but he’s still plenty evil.” thread 4
Hisakawa: “With my performance, I’ll do my best to preserve Tsuru’s Bulma." Furukawa reaffirms that the movie betrays expectations in a good way; Piccolo has moments too. Hoki talks about how Paragus struggles to figure out how to control/exploit his talented son.
As a closing message, Nozawa says she’s very grateful that so many people showed up. The screening will start shortly. All photography/recording of the actual movie is forbidden, of course.
Introductions Masako Nozawa (Goku)
Ryō Horikawa (Vegeta)
Ryūsei Nakao (Freeza)
Aya Hisakawa (Bulma)
Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo)
Katsuhisa Hōki (Paragus)
Bin Shimada (Broly)
Daichi Miura ("Blizzard" singer)
We are following several people on Twitter who are in attendance, so expect spoilers below when and if we get them.
Spoilers MShadows Report
The movie starts by going back 41 years into the past, where Planet Vegeta is suddenly swarmed by dozens of Planet Trade Federation (PTF for short) ships. King Vegeta is made aware of their arrival and a mass of Saiyans (most likely upper class) go to greet King Cold, who had just exited his ship. At this point in time, the Saiyans had already been affiliated with the PTF and have been working under King Cold for a while, but the purpose of this visit was to announce that the old king was going to retire and give command to his young son, Frieza. This marks the birth of the Frieza era of the PTF and he gives the Saiyans 500 scouters as a gift. While demonstrating the scouter's functions, Frieza notices that there were 3 Saiyan snipers surrounding him from within the castle walls and he dispatches each of them before they can even react with a Death Beam each. Frieza then says that he's got high expectations of the Saiyans and leaves the planet. First Report
Afterwards, King Vegeta visits an underground chamber in which a small number of soon to be Elite Saiyan children were being nurtured inside their incubators. King Vegeta claims that his son is showing remarkable growth and that he's got the potential of a genius. A few meters away, Broly is also found inside one of those incubators and the Saiyan personal informs their king that the child shows abnormal power. One of their scouters even breaks while attempting to measure Broly's power level due to his fluctuating power. Shocked and in denial, King Vegeta decides to send Broly away, fearing that he might one day not only challenge his son for the throne, but also become a danger to the universe itself. Therefore, Broly is soon extracted and placed inside a pod. Coordinates: Planet Vampa. An isolated planet devoid of human life. This doesn't go without catching the ear of Paragus and so he seeks audience with the king in hopes of changing his mind, struggle which turns out to be in vain. Angry and betrayed, Paragus vows to have revenge and leaves on a space ship with that Saiyan we see with him in the trailer (who happens to tag along) [Beets] and goes after Broly. Their landing is rough, but they make it in one piece and soon go in search of Broly. The planet is full of those spider-crab like creatures and as the two Saiyans do their best to avoid them they eventually find kid Broly inside a nest, having devoured quite a few of them. After Paragus makes contact with his son he realizes that the child had turned into an Oozaru in order to ravage them (apparently there's a moon near Planet Vampa). This is when Paragus scans Broly and his power level as a kid is revealed to be 920. After that, Paragus attempts to leave the planet but it's revealed that their tough landing severely damaged the ship, making it useless. In order to save food, Paragus kills the other Saiyan so that only him and Broly remain and activates a distress call...
Five years after Frieza's visit to Planet Vegeta the scene changes to Bardock returning from battle. He's having a discussion with his fellow Saiyan pilot and is very suspicious of Frieza's order of all Saiyans returning to their home planet. Bardock theorizes that Frieza might want to kill them so he visits Gine and decides to send Kakarot away to Earth (where he'd be safe) just in case. While reluctant, Gine agrees to that and we have a nice Superman moment in which Bardock hold a crying Gine close to him while their son departs the planet in a Saiyan pod. I forgot to mention that Bardock asks Gine about Raditz and she says that he's been placed in the same team with Vegeta. On his ship, word about the Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God legends have reached Frieza's ears, so he decides to eradicate the Saiyans together with Planet Vegeta in order to make sure that there's no possibility of those legends coming true. As Frieza launches his Supernova at the planet, Bardock is the only Saiyan that launches a huge ki blast at it in an attempt to try and do something. Obviously, this fails and he's engulfed by the huge fireball as it makes its way into the planet and completely annihilates it. Vegeta was on another planet, together with Raditz, Nappa and two other Saiyans. Nappa and the two other Saiyans are shocked to hear that "a meteor has destroyed Planet Vegeta" and they inform the Prince. Raditz says that they were lucky, while Nappa says that Vegeta supposedly had a brother as well (nice Tarble reference) and wonders what happened to him, to which Vegeta responds by saying that he doesn't care. Nappa then asks Raditz about Kakarot, to which he replies that he was a weakling so it doesn't really matter, but he does mention that he had received a message from Gine earlier in which she mentioned that she'd send Kakarot to Earth.
Time jump to the present day... Goku and Vegeta (Buu Saga outfit) are sparring on a deserted island, while Bulma with Bulla, Whis and Beerus are enjoying some food not too far away. After their sparring session is over, Whis asks Goku why he seeks further strength, to which he replies that the ToP opened his eyes to all the possible strong being out there (we get a picture montage of most of the ToP contestants, including Ribrianne, Kefla and the Pride Troopers). Whis then asks Vegeta what his reason for seeking further heights is, to which he replies with "Frieza's imminent danger". Vegeta realized that Frieza made some huge gains back in RoF, and now that he's alive again there's the possibility of him becoming even stronger and attacking them again. Goku then naively tells Vegeta that he shouldn't be worried since Frieza helped them win the ToP, and then they get into a funny argument in which Vegeta tells Goku that he's way too stupid to grasp reality. Bulma then receives a call from Trunks, who informs her that someone has stolen the 6 Dragon Balls she had collected as well as her Dragon Radar. Who could've done something like that? The answer of obvious: Frieza snuck two of his fodders on Earth in order to steal them and they were already headed towards the final Dragon Ball, which was located on the "arctic continent" as they call it. Since Beerus says that he's not interested and will stay behind, Bulma tasks him with babysitting Bulla until they're back.
Meanwhile, somewhere in space... we get introduced to Chirai and Lemo, who were tasked with finding strong people to join the Frieza Army. They happen to pass by Planet Vampa and decide to land there after the distress signal Paragus had set off 41 years prior is caught by their ship. A very old and frail Paragus crawl out of a cave after he sees them and rushes to their side. The two scan his power level and the old man is worth 4200, which still amazes Chirai and Lemo. Before they can finish talking a giant crab-spider attacks them, but before it can do anything to them Paragus calls for Broly who rushes in instantly and one shots the creature. Impressed by him, they try to scan Broly's power level, but their scouters can't process his power level. Shocked, they decide to take them back to Frieza HQ. Once there, Paragus and Broly meet Frieza. While Paragus is very polite and careful, Broly doesn't seem to give a shit and acts in a way reminiscent of Tarzan. Frieza informs Paragus that King Vegeta's son, Prince Vegeta, is still alive and well on Earth, which prompt Paragus to agree to share their strength for the sake of revenge. Next up there's a shower scene with Broly and he gets his new gear as well. Chirai invites the freshly showered Broly to their table in order to socialize, but a drunked Frieza fodder looking for trouble hits Lemo, which prompts a very annoyed Broly to kick his ass. Fearing that Broly is getting a little carried away, he pulls out his remote control and subdues Broly by activating his collar (which sends high voltage currents through his body in order to get him to forcefully calm down out of his rage tantrums). Disgusted by this performance, Chirai berates Paragus and manages to steal the remote control from his pouch without him noticing. A Frieza fodder calls for Paragus next, as Frieza seems to want to talk with him between four eyes.
Broly then goes with Chirai and Lemo somewhere quiet and they begin to bond. Broly explains that the green fur he's wearing comes from his very first friend. Planet Vampa displays two kind of creatures: the spider-crabs, and some gigantic green fur long necked dog-like creatures that live within the craters found on the surface of the planet. As a kid, Broly trained by continuously dodging the attacks of one of these green furred creatures, and by repeatedly doing so they became friends. One day though, Paragus attacked this creature, severing one of its ears. After that incident, the creature stopped interacting with Broly, and a saddened little B decided to wear the fur of that severed ear around him so that they'd always be together. After hearing this story, Lemo says that Broly is a really pure being, to which Chirai adds that she thinks Broly doesn't really want to fight, but instead is being used as a tool by his pathetic father in order to exact some vengeful agenda. They say Broly should ditch him, but the big guy says that he won't disobey his father.
Meanwhile on Earth, Bulma departed towards the arctic continent together with Goku, Vegeta and Whis. They ask why Bulma had been trying to collect the DBs, and she reveals that her wish is to become 5 years younger. This joke is a direct contrast to Frieza's wish (also a gag), which is revealed to be him wanting to grow 5 centimeters taller. In the meantime, the two Frieza spies have manged to find the last Dragon Ball and they call for Frieza's arrival on Earth. As old enemies meet once again, Frieza introduces Paragus and Broly to Goku and Vegeta as another group of surviving Saiyans. Neither Vegeta nor Goku care about that and they hasten Frieza to return the DBs at once. Seeing Vegeta, Broly gets progressively impatient and Paragus then sics his son at the Saiyan Prince.
Vegeta vs Broly begins! Initially, Base Vegeta has the edge over Base Broly, but the latter soon catches up, making Vegeta claim that Broly seems to learn and get stronger as he fights. V then turns SSJ (thing that shocks Paragus) and pressures his enemy before he manages to catch up again. It is then that Vegeta reveals SSG and turns the tables around by completely dominating Base Broly, so much that he sends him flying through several mountains with a single punch. Paragus falls to his knees, thinking that that is the limit of his son's power, but something was gradually awakening inside Broly. [Since Cheelye stoke his device, he fails to control Broly.] As the Saiyan Prince is about to finish off Broly, the latter gets angrier and angrier and his power explodes as he awakens an imperfect Rage form. This allows Broly to once again pressure SSG Vegeta and catch up to him. While I'm not 100% sure of this, it seems that Paragus mentions how this Rage form (yellow eyes with huge muscles) is Broly using the Oozaru's power while in human form, and that it is very hard to control. [Paragus removed Broly’s tail a long time ago.]
Broly then swells up completely and achieves his completely Rage form. Goku then steps in and says that it's his turn to fight Broly. Goku vs Broly begins! As Broly becomes increasingly angrier and his screams are getting louder and more frequent (I'm not kidding) Goku takes the old approach of going from form to form in order to gauche his opponent's strength. Goku starts in base, but is quickly overwhelmed, which prompts him to go SSJ, but that doesn't change anything either. He then goes SSG and manages to seemingly paralyze Broly's movements with an unnamed but apparently new technique. As he's restricting Broly's movements, Goku goes on a monologue about how he thinks that Broly is not a bad person, but rather he just lets himself being influenced by the wrong people and tries to get him to calm down. Goku's effort is in vain, as Broly gets even angrier and breaks out of the paralysis by turning it back on Goku for a moment and then proceeding to grab him by the leg and throwing him around (like Hulk did to Loki). Broly then starts to trash Goku around the whole battlefield so bad that Goku kind of spaces out from the beating. I forgot to mention how during all of this commotion, Frieza instructs his goons to take the Dragon Balls and fly away from the battlefield.
It is then that Piccolo appears by telepathically contacting Goku (he's on the top of some hill on the other side of the Earth) and telling him not to give up and to keep fighting. Goku tells Piccolo that he's in trouble, to which Piccolo agrees, saying that he unfortunately can't come join him as he'd be of no use. Goku then comes back to his senses and goes SSB. It then turns into a back and forth battle until Rage Broly launches the giant green ki blast attack seen in the trailer and trashed the whole battlefield, turning the landscape into a dying Namek kind of scenery. Goku managed to avoid any serious damage and then continues to fight Rage Broly, holding his own.
Seeing how Broly seems to have reached a limit, Frieza questions Paragus if that is truly the limit of his son's power. Frieza remembers how killing Krillin back on Namek made Goku turn SSJ, so he decides to murder Paragus by launching a Death Beam straight through his chest. The lizard then shouts in order to get Broly's attention and tells him that his father has been killed as a casualty of their battle. The sight of his father's corpse makes Broly lose his mind, and he turn SSJ in what I believe is one of the most awesome transformation sequences we've ever seen. After completing his transformation, an enraged Broly drowns the battlefield in a rain of ki blasts, and as Goku is starting to get overwhelmed Vegeta decides to join the fight as well and help him. SSJ Broly completely overwhelms both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta together, even no selling their combined Kamehameha + Galick Gun combo with a ki blast of his own. Seeing as how things are looking bad, Goku grabs Vegeta and Instant Transmissions to where Piccolo is. As the two are now gone, Broly sets his sights on Frieza and proceeds to attack him.
On the other side of the Earth, Goku says that Broly is way too strong for them and the only alternative they have it fusing. Since there are no Potara around, Goku tries to persuade Vegeta into doing the Fusion Dance. This moment here is mostly a funny scene, as Vegeta knows that the dance is about and refuses to do such embarrassing moves, saying that he'd rather let Broly end everything instead. Goku then teases Vegeta by saying that Bulma will die because of him, to which Vegeta reacts with a little blush that finally gets him to agree. The two Saiyans practice the dance, failing it the first two times which result in Veku and an anorexic Veku. A very important thing to note is the fact that it's explicitly stated how they had to wait 30 minutes in-between each of their fusion attempts, time in which Broly has been continuously brutalizing Frieza (for over an hour). Seriously, Frieza even goes Golden but SSJ Broly just keeps raping him over and over, even worse than GoD Toppo did during the ToP. On their third attempt, Goku and Vegeta finally get the Fusion Dance right and then decide on a new name since Vegetto is reserved for their Potara fusion counterpart, and thus we get a scene in which Gogeta names himself.
Base Gogeta then IT's to the battlefield and saves Frieza from Broly by knocking him away. SSJ Broly then sets his sights on Whis and tries to attack him but ends up punching the air as Whis nimbly dances around hm while laughing for like 5 seconds. Gogeta then takes on SSJ Broly and manages to keep up with him in just his Base form for a little while. Gogeta then goes SSJ and as they clash, their power is so great that they end up transporting themselves into another dimension (which looks kind of like a mirror room filled with tons of differently colored layers). As the two fight each other they shatter (literally) several of these planes and Broly is soon forced to enter his SSJ Full Power state (LSSJ), which prompts Gogeta to go SSB as well. They continue trashing the dimensions by breaking them until they finally return back to Earth. There, SSB Gogeta continues to fight Broly by dominating him for the remainder of the fight. Despite Broly continuing to power up, SSB Gogeta just responds with even more power that overwhelms the savage Saiyan.
Elsewhere, Chirai and Lemo decide on using the DBs to save Broly because they know he's just being used. They summon Shenron (who seems to only grand one wish now) and prepare to make a wish. Meanwhile, SSB Gogeta charges one massive Kamehameha in order to put an end to a losing Broly, and just as the beam was about to connect Chirai wishes for Broly to be transported back to Planet Vampa, saving his life in the process.
As soon as the wish was granted, Chirai and Lemo hijack one of Frieza's smaller ships and decide to go after Broly. A sly Frieza notices this and was about to shoot down their ship when Gogeta stops him. Annoyed by the fact that his plans failed yet again Frieza decides to leave, but not before warning Gogeta that he'll be back. The scene then switches to a babysitting Beerus, who is relieved that everything turned out well. Some time later, Frieza is seen in his main ship during the middle of a planetary assault (looks like a Star Wars scene, with many Frieza ships shooting lasers at a near planet). He says that while he might have failed this time around, this ordeal has brought forth an interesting development which might come in handy in the future.
On Planet Vampa, we see a bandaged and battered up Broly sharing some of his food with Chirai and Lemo who finally arrived. They both almost threw up because the food is disgusting. That's when Goku shows up by IT'ing all of a sudden. He's come to visit Broly and to bring some gifts as well. He sets up a Capsule house (courtesy of Bulma), brings some food and gives Broly two Senzu Beans. While Chirai is very suspicious and hostile towards Goku, the latter mentions how he just wants to visit Broly once in a while so they can fight some more. Goku then goes on to say that Broly is an incredible fighter and that he might even be stronger than Beerus. The movie ends with Broly warming up to Goku with a smile as our hero IT's back to Earth.
Credits then roll and "Blizzard" starts playing.
That was one heck of a summary. Art and animation-wise, this movie blows everything we've ever seen before out of the water. The fights are very, very fluid and beautifully drawn and choreographed. Hell, half the movie is one bight over-the-top fight. For those that love seeing a good old DBZ fight this movie will be Heaven on Earth.
As for Broly himself... He is portrayed as a pure being. He's introduced as a literal savage reminiscent of Tarzan. A man of few words and uneducated. When calm he does not show a semblance of malice, but it is his uncontrollable rage that brings him to turn into a monster. Overall, Broly himself is just a victim of his father's vengeful agenda, which was imposed onto him ever since he was a child. This is more or less how the movie tried to portray Broly. While it's implied that he kind of knows his father is using him, he can't bring himself to disobey his father. Broly going SSJ in a hellish manner after witnessing his father's dead body tells you everything you need to know about their relationship. Broly cared for father! But this is not the only bond he creates throughout the movie... he gets close to Chirai and Lemo, and in the end seems to have taken a liking to Goku as well. He survives the events of this movie and it's implied that he'll continue to reach new heights. [...]
There are some good gags and there are some bad gags. Frieza's wish itself is ridiculed in the movie when Kikono is astonished by how the emperor has given up on his life-long wish for immortality. It is Berryblue, Frieza's personal attendant, who reveals Frieza's wish of wanting to become 5 centimeters taller. Kikono mentions how Frieza already has his super tall second form and suggests using that instead, to which Frieza responds in a very childish way that he wants to grow taller in his Final Form specifically. When Kikono asks as to why the hell Frieza wants to become just 5 centimeters taller, the latter nonchalantly answer by saying that any more than that would be too drastic of a change.
As previously mentioned, in contrast to Frieza's wish, there's Bulma's wish of wanting to become 5 years younger. Whis himself teases Bulma by asking her as to why stop at 5 years? Why not more? Which prompts Bulma to answer by saying that it would be too drastic of a change. [...]
I am striking out things that have been called into question. Everything below with a green checkmark has been directly verified by a trustworthy native Japanese speaker who was present. Clarifications are in nested bullets.
- Gogeta is in the movie...same design as M12, Blue confirmed; still waiting to hear about other forms
(there are conflicting reports on forms) I've seen enough now to be confident in the second summary above: base, SS, SSB (RIP red boi)
- Only Super Saiyan and Blue
- No Ultra Instinct ✅
Bardock does have his final showdown with Freeza
- "No. He shoots a laser blast to Freeza's Death Ball and just gets killed one-sidedly. Without even seeing each other."
- Umakoshi confirmed
- Hugely positive reactions overall; even critics of modern DB are impressed with the animation
- "The animation itself is very good, choreography aside (in my personal opinion.)"
- Several Japanese people are saying on Twitter it is the best movie they have ever seen in the theater
- Gohan is not in the movie ✅
- Movie begins with flashback scenes ✅
- In the first scene, Freeza arrives on Planet Vegeta ✅
- King Cold introduces his son to the Saiyans for the first time.
He immediately starts killing Saiyans with a power level over 2k
- "Freeza demonstrates the new scouter and it detects the soldiers aiming Freeza from the king castle. He says one of them has a power level over 2k, and starts killing them by Death Beam."
- King Vegeta sends Broly off to Planet Vampa because his power level is too high ✅
- Paragus believes this is because the King wanted the Prince to be the strongest (edit: King Vegeta said this, according to the above summary) ✅
- Paragus follows Broly while Freeza is killing Saiyans ✅
Bardock faces Freeza alone, and [???] manages to push back his attack a bit before being overwhelmed (this is not mentioned in the above summary)
- "As I already said, he doesn't even face Freeza."
- Cut to the present
- "It shows the reactions of Nappa, Vegeta and Raditz before that."
- After the TOP, everyone is eating at Bulma's; we see the scene from Trailer 1 where Whis asks Goku why he wants to get stronger ✅
- Goten and Trunks see Freeza's minions stealing the Dragon Balls on the security cam (not all of them) (6 of them according to the above summary) ✅
- Goku and Vegeta go to the tundra place to secure a Dragon Ball (to keep it away from the thief) ✅
- Cut to Broly who is stranded on Planet Vampa [??? not sure about chronology here]
- "Before that, they inserted Freeza's conversation about wishing for becoming taller."
- Broly is a bit socially stunted due to growing up with only his father ✅
- Freeza's ship arrives; Lemo and Cheelye find Broly but they are scared of him because he is a Saiyan; they scout him and
their scouters blow up (according to the new summary, this happens earlier in the film, but no mention of it happening here)
- "Mostly true, but the scouters don't blow up."
- Broly and Paragus go to the ship
where they meet Freeza (they meet Freeza at Freeza HQ)
Freeza remembers Paragus, and remembers that he has a grudge against Saiyans so he decides to take them to Earth
- "No, he doesn't remember them. Freeza refers to Vegeta as 'Vegeta IV.'"
- When they arrive, scenes from Trailer 1 ✅
- Broly attacks Vegeta first ✅
- Broly does not know how to go Super Saiyan so he fights in base for a while ✅
- Vegeta is kicking his ass at first (in SSG), but Broly keeps getting stronger ✅
- Eventually Vegeta gets his ass kicked, and Goku steps in ✅
- Goku fights him, eventually goes SSG and SSB ✅
- At first, when he goes SSB, it seems Goku will win ✅
- Then Freeza remembers how Goku went SS when he killed Krillin, so he decides to kill Paragus ✅
- It's super effective; Broly goes SS and destroys Goku ✅
- Piccolo gives Goku a telepathic pep talk ✅
- Goku grabs Vegeta and teleports to Piccolo ✅
- Piccolo won't give them a senzu for some reason
- "He just doesn't have any of them."
- Goku suggests fusion ✅
This is about the halfway point of the movie
Bulma talks Vegeta into doing it? (rather, Goku talks Vegeta into it by invoking Bulma)
- "Goku tells Vegeta to do the fusion dance to save his 'beloved wife.'"
- The fusion fails
3 times (2 times); first they're fat, then they're skinny, then they get it almost right? And then they get it right.
- "It fails twice, fat and skinny."
- Golden Freeza is fighting Broly and getting his ass kicked ✅
- Broly tries to attack Whis but Whis dodges
and says he will stay neutral
- "He only dodges Broly's attacks and says nothing."
When Gogeta arrives, Freeza hightails it to his ship (apparently this happens later)
- "False. He just gets entirely out of the loop."
- Gogeta vs Broly warps space somehow and they cross into alternate dimensions
- "It's shown like that, but nothing is explained here."
- Gogeta plays with Broly a bit but massively overpowers him in the end ✅
- Just as Gogeta is about to finish Broly off, Cheelye uses the Dragon Balls to wish Broly back to Planet Vampa ✅
- Gogeta doesn't run out of time ✅
- There's a
3-day time skip
- "The number of days is not specified."
- Goku teleports to Broly on Planet Vampa ✅
- Broly is chilling with Cheelye and Lemo; he hunts and tries to feed them, but they don't like the spider creatures (I made that up; they think the food is gross and I'm assuming it's the spider creatures cause that's what Broly eats in his design sheets) ✅
- Goku arrives and gives Broly a capsule house stocked with food etc. ✅
- When Goku leaves, he tells Broly that his name is Son Goku, otherwise known as Kakarot ✅
Ignore all of the below - it's just there for posterity
Apparently Coola is mentioned; someone asks Freeza "Isn't your brother Coola taller than you?" which is part of why Freeza wants to use the Dragon Balls to be taller
- "A henchman points out that he'd better stay in his second form to become taller. Coola is not mentioned here."
- No SSBKK, no SSBE (and as mentioned before, no UI) ✅
- There's a sexy Broly shower scene
- "False." (maybe he just didn't think it was sexy - this scene was mentioned by both Ken's friend and the Narutoforums guy)
- Gogeta has a personality
- "There's a comical scene where he has a little trouble with coming up his own name, but it's just that."
- (From our trustworthy source): "There's a track the yells the name of characters and techniques, like "Kamehamaah Attaaackkk!!" So when Broly attacks, the vocals go "Go, go Broly!". It made me feel like I was watching an AMV"
Most of these details come from Ken Xyro's stream. He had a friend who watched the movie and told him what happened. I watched it live after reading spoiler reports on Twitter, Kanzenshuu, Discord, and 5ch for a couple of hours. My feeling is that, while there are some details that might be off—that is the nature of thirdhand reports through people who are not native Japanese speakers—but I believe that most of it is correct. Please don't get hung up on details just yet, because we should have a more solid idea about what happened as time goes on.
PS: If you want powerscaling details, you have to watch the stream (particularly the end) because I was typing this up for y'all during that part of the stream. But I'm pretty sure there weren't a lot of details there. He commented on the powerscaling being weird at the beginning when Vegeta gets his ass kicked and then Goku steps in and does okay in base at first, but beyond that, my impression is that it's basically just: Broly keeps getting stronger, destroys everyone (except Whis who is like "oh you") and then Gogeta destroys Broly, and it's only close enough to be interesting because Gogeta is having fun.
A Comprehensive Guide to Every Known Yautja Clan, Rank/Social Status, Title, Tool, Weapon, and Vehicle
submitted by Hanesman to predator [link] [comments]
I took the liberty of making an updated and complete list of every single Yautja clan, title, rank, piece of equipment, and vehicle with some added individually named Yautja. Do let me know if I missed anything. Better layout on desktop This is not OC. All credit goes to the Xenopedia and Alien Species wikis provided by Fandom. I just wanted to compile everything into a single list
CLANS Council of Ancients - "A superior Clan with prime ruling authority of the Yautja. They were comprised of the most skillful and exalted of Clans and their words and decrees were law. If the Clan Trials have commenced and been successful, the Council would actually be composed of two clans: The Ancients themselves and their eventual successors." They hold responsibility for keeping sacred Yautja rituals and traditions alive as well as holding superiority over all other clans.
Elite Clan - Legendary Elite Yautja below the ruling of Ancients. Led by Spartan Predator. Took in Young Bloods that wished to carry the title of Elite.
- (SUB CLAN??) Vanguard Predators - One of several Predator classes in AVP: Extinction. Affiliated with the Clans of the Council of Ancients.
Dark Blade Clan - A clan of Bad Bloods indirectly responsible for the spread of Yautjan technology throughout Earth.
- Alien Head Predator aka Serpent Hunter - An Elite Yautja. The most successful Xenomorph Predator of all time with his name deriving from his mask which resembles the head of a Xenomorph in honor of his achievements.
- Dark Predator - An Elite Yautja dispatched by his Elders along with Wolf and another unnamed Predator to BG-3860, the main setting of the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator, with the task of investigating a distress call sent by the Young Blood Pack. Dark becomes entangled in a Xenomorph outbreak and comes into conflict with the US Marine Corps.
- Hunter Predator - An Elite Yautja initially acting as the overseer during the initiation trials taken by Young Bloods who wished to join the Elite Clan. His appearance is based on that of the Celtic's.
- Spartan Predator - A Yautja EldeClan Leader of the Elite and oldest member of the clan. Spartan oversaw the training of Young Bloods and was responsible for dispatching Dark, Wolf and the unnamed Predator to BG-306 to investigate the disappearance of the Young Blood pack.
- Wolf Predator (Earth) - Yautja Elite/Veteran and relentless Xenomorph hunter who arrived on Earth to contain a Xenomorph outbreak in Gunnison, Colorado in 2004 aka the protagonist of AVP:R.
- Wolf Predator (BG-386) - An Elite Yautja who was dispatched by his clan elders along with Dark Predator and one other to BG-386, to investigate the distress call sent by the Young Blood Pack. He is arguably the main antagonist in the Alien campaign in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator.
Gotham City Hunting Party - Clan in Gotham City in Batman: Dead End
- Long Spear Predator - A Bad Blood Yautja that was captured and brainwashed by Borgia Industries turning into a fearsome cyborg. One of the 3 "Captured Hunters" in Predator: Concrete Jungle.
- Elder Predator (New Way City) - Clan Leader and overseer of Scarface's New Way City hunt in 1930 and subsequently banished Scarface to a hostile alien planet after he destroyed the city.
- Scarface Predator aka New Way Devil Predator - An Elite Yautja. Sent to Neonopolis to conduct a hunt and to bring death honorably to Long Spear, Swift Knife and Stone Heart, this proved a failure that led to his technology being taken from him by the Humans which ultimately led to him to being banished from the clan and demoted to 'Un-Blooded'. A century later he returns to redeem his honor and by doing so, slaughters gangs who have adopted the stolen technology in order to create new advanced defensive technology. He succeeds by slaughtering the entire Borgia Family.
- Stone Heart Predator - A Bad Blood Yautja. Appears in Predator: Concrete Jungle as one of the 3 "Captured Hunters" alongside Long Spear and Swift Knife.
- Swift Knife Predator - A smaller Young Blood/Bad Blood Yautja. Later captured by Borgia Industries. He wore no armor and had his dreads sheared off.
Jungle Hunter Clan - Most well-known Blooded Yautja and making the most famous recorded human encounter in Val Verde in 1987 with Alan "Dutch" Schaefer and his team of mercenaries. The Jungle Hunters have a history of war with the Super Predators as said by Noland in Predators, but for an unknown reason.
- Big Red Predator aka Samurai Predator - Gotham City Hunting Party Clan Leader Yautja. Little is known about Big Red aside from the fact that he conducted a Hunt in Gotham City.
- Albino Predator - Exclusive NECA figure for the 2013 San Diego Comic Con and part of the Gotham City Hunting Party in Batman: Dead End
- Wasp Predator - Presumably Lava Clan Yautja part of the Gotham City Hunting Party
Killer Predators - A Bad Blood clan considered to be heretics by the mainstream Hunter Yautja. Killers did not engage in standard hunting practices but rather seek to kill and only kill rather than hunt, an action that presumably resulted in their extinction. However, they continued to operate throughout space and made use of Xenomorphs as hounds to hunt their targets.
- Crucified Predator aka Classic Predator - A Blooded Yautja part of the Jungle Hunter Clan. As seen in Predators he is captured by the Super Predators soon released by Royce and subsequently killed by the Berserker.
- Jungle Hunter Predator - Blooded Yautja. Prior to 1987, he began hunting humans he considered worthy game in the jungles of Val Verde, typically only during the hottest summers. He became something of a local legend among the people, and his gruesome butchery of his victims earned him the title "El Diablo que hace trofeos de los hombres", literally "The demon who makes trophies of men."
- Warrior Predator (Jungle Hunter) - Blooded Yautja tasked with a mission to stop the Super Predator Clan from destroying the Jungle Hunter clan, by killing the Xenomorph queen in AVP: Evolution.
Lava Clan - See Lava Planet Predator
Serpent Clan - See Viper Predator
Super Predators - A Bad Blood sub-species of the Yautja. Basically a larger and presumably stronger version of the Jungle Hunters. Ranks unknown.
Los Angeles Hunting Party aka Lost Tribe - A group of Yautjas that landed in Los Angeles in 1997, hiding their Mother Ship beneath the city. Only one of theirs, City Hunter, actually performed a Hunt. Their ranks are unknown.
- Berserker Predator (Game Preserve Planet) aka Mr. Black or Super Black - A Bad Blood Clan Leader Yautja
- Berserker Predator (LV-412) - Same as Game Preserve Planet Berserker except on LV-412, the setting of the 2013 video game AVP: Evolution. "The Berserker seemed to be a leader of sorts for the clan. At some point, the clan gained the ability to control of the Xenomorphs by capturing a Queen. However, some Xenomorphs, including a Drone, managed not to be controlled by the Super Predators. The Drone eventually managed to fight through the Berserker's Super Predators and defeated him in the Temple Arena, freeing its Hive".
- Falconer Predator - Bad Blood Yautja. Named after using a Falcon to track the humans.
- Tracker Predator aka Flusher Predator or Dog Handler - A Bad Blood Yautja. He is responsible for flushing out prey by using the Hell-Hounds.
Widow Clan - A clan of female Yautjas that have been widowed. Ranks unknown.
- Boar Predator
- Borg Predator aka Lost Predator
- City Hunter Predator aka Ghost Predator
- Guardian Predator aka Gort Predator
- Greyback Predator aka Golden Angel Predator - The Elder Predator and LAHP Clan Leader. In the novelization of Predator 2, Greyback kills the City Hunter, not Harrigan. Harrigan wounds the City Hunter with the Smart-Disc, at which point Greyback and the others arrive. The City Hunter then willingly allows Greyback to behead it.
- Scout Predator aka Lost Predator
- Shaman Predator
- Snake Predator aka Shadow Predator
- Stalker Predator aka Baby Boar or Brother Boar (Los Angeles)
- Warrior Predator aka Ram Predator
Young Blood Pack - A group of five inexperienced Young Blood Yautja who travelled to BG-386 to prove themselves by taking part in a Xenomorph Hunt on the planet.
- Hashori - A Clan Leader female Yautja. The largest adult Predator ever seen (or now second largest if you count the new Assassin Predator. Notably the only Yautja to speak and understand English fluently.
- Wendigo - Presumably female Yautja nicknamed for her wild screaming and aggressive temperament.
- Claw - Formely Young Blood, Blooded Yautja
- Four other unnamed Yautja
RANKS/SOCIAL STATUS Pups aka Suckers - Young Yautjas
Eta - These are the untouchable of the Yautja. Not because they are dangerous but because they are either handicapped or were born with defects making it impossible for them to join the hunt. Rather they are made slaves to serve the other Yautja and are mocked or humiliated on a daily basis.
Un-Blooded - Young, inexperienced Yautjas that are subordinate to Young Bloods and not experienced enough to hunt Xenomorphs. "Un-Blooded Yautja are denied certain privileges that other, higher-ranked predators have. They are limited to a certain amount of weapons and, if the Young Bloods are anything to go by, those weapons lack the acid-resistance generally found in hunting tools. They also cannot challenge anyone to a death-match, only claw-challenges. Un-Blooded Yautja are often violent, restless, formless and eager, in stark contrast to the silent, methodical methods of older, more experienced Yautja". The manner in which the rank of Young Blood is achieved is unknown however it may simply be through basic training.
Young Blood - An adolescent Yautja that journeys to a Yautja Pyramid and to participate in a Hunt where he will usually battle Xenomorphs.
Blooded - Most notably Scar, a Young Blood Yautja's rank after successfully killing their first Xenomorph and subsequently marking himself with the blood of his kill as seen in AVP. Once this rank is reached they are deemed adults and full members of its clan.
LeadeHunting Captain - A Blooded Yautja tasked with leading packs of Un-Blooded and Young Bloods down the path of the warrior
Brawler - A Blooded Yautja specialized in close-quarter combat strictly with its writsblade.
- Hunter Captain aka Alpha Male - A Yautja that leads a groups of similarly ranked but lesser stationed Yautja on a hunt aka a Pack.
Disc Master - Yautja that specializes in use of the Smart Disc
Clan Leader - pretty self-explanatory. One of the highest obtainable ranks a Yautja can hold. They are subordinate to Elders and Ancients however an Elder or Ancient can also be a Clan Leader
Enforcers - Yautjas tasked with hunting down Bad Bloods and eliminating their existence. They are essentially the police force of the Yautjas.
Elite - Most notably Wolf, is the rank given to a Yautja who has completed his basic training as well as successfully killing other dangerous species such as Xenomorphs, River Ghosts (the other creature in Predators) and Humans. Elites are the general foundation of the most dangerous Predators encountered
Veteran - No information exists on what this rank entails or what level of authority it is but it is presumably a high ranking Yautja after or before Elite or equivalent to it.
Elder Predator - Below the Ancient Predators and have distinguished themselves in battle or by their leadership. Seen in Predator 2 at the end when the Elder gifts Harrigan with a pistol from 1715 as a sign of respect for honorably defeating the City Hunter
Ancient Predator - Above Elders, approximately 1,000 years old, and while too old for hunts and battles they are referred to for council and wisdom. Seen at the end of AVP when the Ancient gifts Lex with a combistaff for her honorable skills as a warrior due to the Xenomorph blood scar on her cheek.
TITLES (All Predators below are not assigned to a Clan excluding Lava Planet and Viper) Ambush Predator - NECA: "Paying tribute to the lost tradition of mail-order figures, Ambush Predator is inspired by the classic Kenner mail-away version from the early 1990s. Ambush is a prototype invincibility armor intended to be powered by the users own energy. It works too well, rapidly draining the wearer and leaving a telltale discoloration around the eyes. Only Viper Predator has been able to wear it for any length of time, and even he reserves it for the most extreme occasions."
Ancient Predator (Earth) - An Ancient (obviously) Clan Leader Yautja (AVP (was this actually an Elder? NECA toys say otherwise.) In charge of overseeing the hunt of the Young Bloods, Chopper, Scar, and Celtic.
Ancient Predator (LV-1201) - An Ancient Yautja that landed on LV-1201, the main setting for the 2002 video game Alien versus Predator 2: Primal Hunt, in order to hunt
Assassin Predator - A seemingly Bad Blood, but hybridized Yautja tasked with eliminating the Fugitive Predator for going rogue
Bad Blood Predator- Originally a mentally unstable and brutally rogue Yautja that began a murdering spree in New Jersey, now any Yautja that has been outlawed and deemed dishonorable by turning against its own kind. Bad Bloods are forever banished from Yautja society.
Blazer Predators (Military Yaujta) - Military grade Predators name after this specialized Plasmacaster that emits a incinerator-like blast. Primarily used for enemy combatants on the ground.
Broken Tusk Predator aka Dachande aka Yeyinde - The first Yautja (Leader) to face a Xenomorph in unarmed combat and survive.
Captured Hunters - Three Yautjas that were captured and experimented on led on by Borgia Industries. All members of the Dark Blade Clan. Can be found in the "Rescue" mission of Predator: Concrete Jungle
Chopper Predator- A Young Blood Yautja sent to Earth to undertake an initiation hunt (AVP) alongside Scar and Celtic.
Cracked Tusk Predator - A revered Elite/Elder known for mentoring Young Bloods in harsh conditions and environments
Emissary Predators - Two presumably Bad Blood Yautja from the same clan as the Fugitive and Assassin Predators who were cut from the film. "They had defected from their clan one year prior to the events of The Predator to warn humanity of the upcoming invasion of their clan. They would have been living in the Project Stargazer base and had their own private game preserve near the base, which they hunted in during the night. In the final act of the movie, they would have helped the remaining Humans to fight off the Ultimate Predator as well as other Predator-animal hybrids. They would have been killed by the Ultimate Predator."
Enforcer Predator - A Enforcer-ranked Yautja tasked with pursuing the original Bad Blood Predator. He is ultimately overpowered and killed by the Bad Blood with the middle spike of his mask.
Fugitive Predator - A rogue Yautja who steals advanced Yautja technology with the objective of gifting it to humanity in order to fight against the more dominant Predators who are engaging in hybridization and most likely phasing out the smaller Yautja.
Ghost Predator - ???
Hive Wars Predator aka Warrior Predator - Figurine created by Kenner Products for their Predator toy line, layer redesigned by NECA. A Blooded Yautja who became stranded on Xenomorph Prime due to his clan being killed by a Xenomorph hunt gone wrong.
Hornhead Predator aka Champion Predator - Blooded Yautja and was the strongest warrior of a Yautja clan located on the planet LV-797, the setting for the 2016 comic book Predator: Life and Death.
Lasershot Predator - Kenner 1994
Lava Planet Predator - Presumably the Clan Leader of the Lava Clan. NECA:" A descendant of a rare tribe that inhabited the lethal volcanic regions of Yautja Prime. They wear specialized masks and cloaking nets to suppress the high levels of radioactivity. Their invisibility cloaking technology is highly advanced and nearly always active as a protective electromagnetic field against the radiation, though invisible undulations of skin and armor are constantly moving and shifting amongst the fiery red landscape these Predators occupy. Lava clan warriors carry specialized weaponry specfic for hunting the Vy’drach insectoids of the desert. This is a rite of passage for most common Yautja warriors, but for the Lava clan, it is a way of life."
Lord Predator - An Ancient Yautja buried inside the pyramid on BG-386. Direct ancestor of Dark and the very first Predator to successfully hunt and claim victory over the Xenomorph species thus making him the most revered hunter of his time.
Mad Predator - Presumably Bad Blood Yautja in CapCom's AVP.
Nightstorm Predator aka Scarab - Yautja who appeared in Series 10 of NECA's Predator line. Known as the very first Super Predator, he was an Elder Yautja in Egypt who lived 4,000 years ago and was also the first Yautja who went rogue, disapproving of the Yautja's Code of Honor.
Prince Predator - Elite Yautja hunter and the protagonist in the 2001 video game Aliens versus Predator 2.
Renegade Predator - ???
Scar Predator - A Young Blood Yautja briefly turned Blooded who appeared alongside Chopper and Celtic in AVP to undertake their initiation hunt.
Scavage Predator - Kenner 1994
Sinestro Corps Predator - A Yautja that joined the Sinestro Corps during their assault on Earth in Green Lantern #24
Spear Master Predator - Elite Yautjas that specialized in the use of their spear also known as the Combustaff. They only participate in but s vital to their entertainment or training.
Spiked Tail Predator - "The leader of the Rogue Space Tribe, Spiked Tail is allied with the Armored Lost and Lasershot Predators. Spiked Tail’s unorthodox hunting methods and use of illegal weapons caused the exile of his team from Yautja Prime. Using stolen time/space technology, the Space Tribe can travel much farther in the galaxy than most Yautja. This has allowed them to advance pasthunting organic beings: they find non-organic mechanical beings to be more challenging prey and have modified their gear accordingly. Spiked Tail’s age is assumed to be considerable, thus many suspect that the robotic trophies he claims for ornamentation are actually physical enhancements necessary to keep him in capable condition. In addition to hunting robotic life, a mysterious rival Yautja, the pirate called R’Zor, has threatened several Space Tribe missions and thus he has also become a target."
Stalker Predator - Equivalent of a sniper with their weapon of use being the speargun which had the longest range of and Yautja weapon.
Temple Guard Predator - ??
Top-Knot Predator - A Leader Yautja of a pack of 9 Young Bloods that debuted in Aliens vs. Predator: Blood Time.
Viper Predator - Clan Leader of the Serpent Clan specializing in hunting Xenomorphs (and the occasional Bad Blood).
SOME SEPARATELY NAMED YAUTJAS A'ni-de - A Young Blood Clan Leader Yautja only seen in a flashback that Dechande has. "A'ni-de is only seen in a flashback Dachande has. As the young warrior completes his Blooding ritual, killing two Xenomorphs instead of the typical one, he goes looking for his brother. A'ni-de coldly tells him that Nei'hman-de is dead and to go join the other warriors for approval. He strikes Dachande for expressing loss for his brother and for talking back to him. He is never mentioned again in the story."
Bakuub - Yautja who was part of Nat'ka'pu, later Lar'nix'va's clan
Big Mama - A Blooded (likely an Elite) female Yautja and mentor to Caryn Delacroix in Aliens vs. Predator: Deadliest of the Species
Lar'nix'va - a commander Yautja under the authority of Nat'ka'pu and later Leader of the pack.
Nat'ka'pu - A Clan Leader Yautja appearing in Aliens vs. Predator: Hunter's Planet. He defeated a Xenomorph bare-handed and decapitated it. Said to have many wives, this suggests that the Yautja are a polygamous species
Nei'hman'de - A Young Blood Yautja, Dachande's half-brother and a member of A'ni-de's pack. Killed by Xenomorphs on his initiation hunt in the AVP comics.
Shorty - A name given by Machiko Noguchi to a young, Un-Blooded Yautja. Named after his considerably shorter height. "'He was described as being "a head taller' than Machiko Noguchi, a human whom he held a grudge against. Because of his short statue, other Yautja pick on and push him around and he takes his frustrations out on Machiko, despite her being a higher rank."
Tichinde - An Un-Blooded turned Bad Blood Clan Leader of Dachande's clan that took part in an initiation hunt on Ryushi, but later killed by Dechande for his treachery and the breaking several laws of the hunt.
TOOLS Bio-Mask - A protective mask worn by the Yautja which includes multiple vision modes, binocular vision, ability to mimic vocals, a breathing apparatus, diagnostics, audio and visual recording capabilities, and an attached three-dotted targeting laser.
Wrist Gauntlet - Wrist-worn technology allowing control of the users’ bio-mask, cloaking device, self-destruct device, and remotely control Predator ships.
- Vision Modes - The Predator's Bio-Mask contains systems to enhance its thermal vision and provide additional vision modes in other electromagnetic spectra, ranging from night vision to ultraviolet and even vibration scanning as well as featuring adjustable binocular vision.
- Language Translator - A program installed in some Predators' bio-masks that allows a Hunter to understand other species' communication(s)/language(s).
- Vocal Mimicry - Requires a Bio-Mask to be utilized, and should not be confused with a Yautja's natural ability to copy human speech.
- Cloak - Light-bending adaptive camouflage allowing Predators a form of invisibility, or at least translucence, rendering them incredibly difficult to spot. The invisibility effect has been known to be shorted out through contact with water or if the arm gauntlet is damaged, and it is susceptible to the effects of an electro-magnetic pulse, at least temporarily. The effects of the device have also been known to fail as a result of direct assaults on the Predator's body, be it with ranged weaponry or physical attacks. This device is rendered useless during Xenomorph Hunts owing to the Xenomorph's ability to "see" through its cloaking effects.
- Charge Emitter - Emits a surge of ultrahigh electric frequencies from the Predator's Wrist Gauntlet, which would disable electrical devices.
- Gauntlet Cuffs - Yautja technology used to bind two individuals together by way of the Wrist Gauntlets.
- Sat-Com - A Yautja holographic map projector which shows a complete 3D scan of an area and is part of a Yautja's Wrist Gauntlet.
- Self-Destruct Device - The Self-Destruct Device is a powerful Yautja explosive device built into a Predator's Wrist Gauntlet.
- Medicomp - Predator hunters carry field medical equipment including solvents capable of cauterizing and healing wounds and various serums and other medical devices.
- Health Shard - A Yautja device that works similar to the Medicomp.
- Cleaner Case - A case containing a Tracking Syringe, Dissolving Liquid and a Self-Destruct Device.
- Flaying Tool - 'Y' shaped, its prongs spaced slightly apart. It is meant to be grabbed at the bottom and emits a laser from between the two prongs hot enough to simply and easily peel skin off of a yet-flayed trophy.
- Ceremonial Dagger - Used by warriors as a last-resort weapon or a weapon to take trophies from fallen enemies.
- Predator Axe - The Predator Axe was an axe-like blade that the Super Predators had in their camp. Since it wasn't used during their hunt its true purpose remains unclear.
- Mallet - As seen in this image, Yautja make use of mallets for presumably utility purposes.
- Pickaxe - As seen in this image, Yautja make use of pickaxes for presumably utility purposes.
- Grappling Hook - During their Hunts, Yautja make use of the grappling hook to access areas that can only be passed by Xenomorphs, or to get to airducts. Its role is similar to the USCM's Jet pack in this regard.
- Falcon - A a bird-like spying device used by the Super Predator Clan on the Game Preserve Planet.
- Tag - A small circular tracking device that is used on prey which the Predator wishes to continuously bait rather than kill outright.
- Beacon - Yautja technology that helps a Hunter navigate in a large and confusing hunting ground.
- Energy Sift - A piece of Yautja technology used to recharge the user's gear.
ARMOR Bio-Mask - In Predators, it seems to show that Predator Bio-Masks are capable of withstanding incredible damage. It can even withstand bullets as shown when Ricky tries to kill Wolf by shooting him in the face.
Body Armor - Composed of a partial or full breastplate, pauldrons, gauntlets, extremity armor and is Xenomorph blood-proof for Blooded Yautja and those of higher ranks. The body armor also includes thermal netting.
Vanguard Armor - A type of heavy armor worn by Yautja Vanguards.
Phoenix Armor - Worn by well-respected Spear Masters and like the Vy'drach (phoenix-like creature) itself, this armor is uniquely resilient to fire, energy, and radiation.
Tactical Supremacy Armor - Worn by military Yautja such as the Hydra and Blazer, this widely feared protective suit provides its wearer with substantial defenses against kinetic, fire, and acid damage. Its exceptional hardness also deflects outright any projectiles not specifically designed to penetrate armor. Consequently, enemies must make a concentrated effort to defeat any Predators possessing this defensive system.
MELEE Blunt Instruments
- Power Punch Glove - Used to give a Yautja a boost in punching strength, allowing a user to perform a punch powerful enough to make a hole in solid concrete.
- Wristblades - Razor-sharp serrated retractable blades built into the wrist gauntlet, typically in pairs, used for mêlée combat and the ritualistic mutilation of prey.
- Ceremonial Dagger - Used by warriors as a last-resort weapon or a weapon to take trophies from fallen enemies.
- Predator Axe - An axe-like blade that the Super Predators had in their camp. Since it wasn't used during their hunt its true purpose remains unclear.
- Scimitar - Essentially an enlarged singular Wristblade worn on the forearm.
- Maul - A heavy bladed weapon with a perpendicular handle, an arrangement similar to a police officer's nightstick.
- Sword - Though rarely mentioned as an in-hunt-use weapon, a sword can be fashioned as a replacement or equivalent to a hunter's wristblades.
- Combistick - A retractable spear that can be used either in hand-to-hand combat or as a thrown weapon.
- Glaive - Similar to the Combistick, this combat staff is fitted with a sizeable blade at each end, designed to slice through prey.
- Plasma Glaive - Double terminated weapons that seethe with white hot plasma that burns through enemy armor.
- Plasma Scythe - Producing a blade made of superheated plasma energy, it can burn through armor and enemies with ease.
- Whip - A bladed chain whip capable of slicing targets in half with enough force.
- Noose - When used in the dark, the wire-thin Noose is almost impossible to see. The material is slim but strong, able to hold the weight of an adult human as it yanks them up.
- Electroshock Bolas - Electroshock bolas carry a powerful electrical current, which instantly kills victims on impact.
- Smart Disc - A thrown, self-guiding, chakram-like bladed weapon, it can also be wielded as a mêlée weapon.
- Poli Nanovibronic Disc - The Poli Nanovibronic Disc was a thrown Yautja disc weapon similar to the Smart Disc, it can also be wielded as a mêlée weapon.
- Shuriken - Similar to the Smart Disc, except considerably larger and fitted with several long, fan-like, retractable blades around its circumference, it can also be wielded as a mêlée weapon.
- Combistick - A retractable spear that can be used either in hand-to-hand combat or as a thrown weapon.
· Electroshock Missile Battery - Used by the military Hydra, this is a back mounted missile device that fires up to three powerful armor penetrating electroshock plasma missiles capable of targeting up to nine different targets.
- Speargun - A projectile weapon that fires small metal spears, comparable to a traditional projectile firearm or crossbow.
- Netgun - A handheld device capable of firing a wire net with enough force to pin a target to a wall. The net also features an automatic tightening mechanism designed to cause grievous wounds to the enclosed target.
Directed energy weapons
- Energy Flechette - A short-range energy projector weapon, a simpler and less powerful version of the Plasmacaster, built into the Yautja's Wrist Gauntlet.
- *Plasma Pistol - A hand-held version of the Plasmacaster.
- Burner - Shoot streams of hot plasma, they resemble and function much like a human assault rifle.
- Plasmacaster - A ranged weapon capable of directing bolts of high-energy plasma at distant targets that is worn on the shoulder. Generally aimed through the Predator's Bio-Mask, although there are exceptions.
- Blazer - A shoulder-mounted energy projector used by military caste Yautja that fires a sweeping inferno beam.
- Killscreen Generator - This weapon uses dark plasma streams guided by a tracking device that neutralises any incoming projectiles up to and including rockets.
- Mines - Predators utilize a variety of mines with varying trigger mechanisms and detonation effects in their Hunts.
Mobile Sentry Guns
- Fire bombs - A highly explosive Yautja grenade type device.
- Plasma Grenade - A Yautja hand grenade that creates a large explosion when detonated and is powerful enough to destroy an M113 armored personnel carrier.
- Remote Bomb - Somewhat similar in function to Predator Mines, but is remotely detonated from a Wrist Gauntlet by the Yautja instead of proximity activated.
- Pred-Gun - It has a huge inbuilt Plasmacaster and moves using anti-gravity plates underneath it and can only fire when deployed.
- Fireliner - Equipped with a fireliner, a multibeam heat weapon related to the Blazer.
VEHICLES Anti-gravity cushion vehicles
- Shrine - The hub of the Yautja hunt. Functions as a com-link, place of worship, trophy cabinet, and powerful defensive/offensive structure.
Starships (Interstellar Spacecraft)
- Drop pod - a Yautja vehicle used to insert individual Predators to the surface of a planet, usually for the purpose of taking part in a hunt.
- Scout Ship - A short range Yautja Spacecraft which is usually connected to a Mother Ship. Usually had a fairly large Trophy Room used for displaying any Trophies obtained on Hunts.
- Ship (Cursed Earth) - A Predator ship used by Bosu's clan that landed on Earth on the Cursed Earth region.
- Hunt Master Ship - A spacecraft used by the Yautjas that orbits a planet during a Clan-scale Hunt and drops in reinforcements upon request (and after the required honor points are spent) around a Shrine.
- Mother Ship - A massive, mobile base for Yautja hunters
- Ship (Game Preserve) - A Yautja ship on the Game Preserve Planet.
Keyword Spy is the only major competitive research tool that offers in-depth Affiliate Research. Also, you will get instant access to the ads and products super-affiliates at 8 major affiliate networks are promoting along with statistics to determine what is and isn’t profitable for them. Basically, Grammarly is a free affiliate marketing tool every affiliate marketer should use. AdPlexity is another spy tool for performance marketers. Enter ClickMagic – a click tracking solution created by a super affiliate. Do you need a spy tool? I’ve done the research and I’ll share with you the exact tools To transform an Affiliate newbie into a Super Affiliate by providing the guidance, needed resources and tools. technology. I will show you the latest tools and gadgets, why the work and why you need them. Benefits. Find Opportunities. Submit your blog. Cookies are valid for 60 days, so the referred user needs to register the BigSpy account within 60 days after clicking on the link with your affiliate link.If the user subscribes to one of the paid plans later, you will get the commission either way. Keep in mind that if the user registers by using a link with someone else's affiliate link or without it and subscribes later by using your 4.4/5 (9) . I received an interesting email a while back and thought you guys would be interested in my response. “How do super affiliates make money if their campaigns are revealed on spy tools?I copied their landing page, offer, and ads, but I’m nowhere near profitable.