BBC Sports Personality of the Year Betting Odds
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Betting Odds
- Sports Personality Of The Year Winner Betting Odds
- Sports Personality of the Year 2014: Rory McIlroy v Lewis
- Sports Personality of the Year Betting | SPOTY 2020
- BBC SPOTY award betting examined for Ladbrokes
Wednesday, April 15: Trump is toxic
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Worldwide Double To 2 Million In 2 Weeks. It took four and a half months for the new coronavirus to hit 1 million confirmed cases — and two weeks to double that. -Huffington Post submitted by OliverMarkusMalloy to Trumpvirus [link] [comments]
French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus. -CNN
Imagine my surprise.
Lawsuit accuses Liberty University of 'profiting' from the coronavirus pandemic -CNN
Republicans love money. It’s their drug. It’s their God.
Fox News asks court to toss lawsuit calling network a public health risk -The Hill
Trump and Fox have blood on their hands. Countless Americans are dying because of their lies, disinformation and downplaying the virus for months, to keep the stock market profitable
for billionaires for as long as possible.
COVID-19 outbreaks in upper Midwest show virus is not just a New York problem -MSNBC
I wonder how many of those people got sick because last week Republicans forced the people of Wisconsin to vote in person during a pandemic, or lose their right to vote and let the Republican scumbags win.
Why Dems won in Wisconsin despite GOP attempt to use pandemic to its advantage -MSNBC
What Trump’s bizarre love of Mutiny on the Bounty actually reveals about him -Vox Trump tweeted: “Tell the Democrat Governors that Mutiny On The Bounty was one of my all time favorite movies,” the president wrote. “A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!”
'Jarring, unwelcome, and dangerous': Some conservatives are outraged at Trump's claim that his 'authority is total' -Business Insider
US coronavirus toll hits new daily high with over 2,400 deaths -New York Post
Poll: 81 percent say keep social distancing despite damage to economy -The Hill
Trump backs down after Cuomo, other governors unite on coronavirus response: "I'm not going to put pressure on any governor to open," the president said in an about-face from his remarks on Monday. -NBC News
What a dumbass.
I wonder if someone told him that the Mutiny On The Bounty
didn’t end well for the captain.
The captain was the villain. He was the emperor Palpatine of the story. And Trump sees himself as the Palpatine type. The evil emperor type.
I bet when Trump watched Star Wars
, he was rooting for the dark side the whole time.
Trump threatens to adjourn both chambers of Congress -The Hill “President Trump on Wednesday threatened to use his executive power to force both chambers of Congress to adjourn if the Senate did not confirm his nominees for vacancies across the administration.”
It’s interesting to watch Trump unmask himself on live TV and turn into a dictator right before our eyes. Interesting and scary. This is what it must have been like when Hitler became the Führer
in the Weimar republic. Even the global circumstances were very similar.
If this was Star Wars
, this would be the moment when two-faced senator Palpatine reveals his true self
and transforms into the evil emperor Palpatine.
If history is gonna remember just one thing about Trump, let it be his sadistic cruelty. He is the 21st century’s version of Caligula.
Caligula -History Extra “Gaius (‘Caligula, or ‘little bootee’ – a childhood nickname given him by his father’s troops) is best known for a series of eccentric actions, such as declaring war on the sea and proclaiming himself a god. His reign actually began quite promisingly, but after a serious bout of illness he developed paranoia that led him into alarmingly erratic behaviour, possibly including incest with his sister, Julia Drusilla, whom he named as his heir. Gaius took particular delight in humiliating the senate, claiming that he could make anyone consul, even his horse (though, contrary to the popular story, he didn’t actually go through with this). As the son of Germanicus [a prominent general], Gaius was keen to establish his military credentials, though his campaign in Germany achieved little and his abortive invasion of Britain had to be turned into a battle with the sea god Neptune: he is said to have told his troops to attack the waves with their swords and gather seashells as booty. Gaius declared himself a god and used his divine status to establish what was, in effect, an absolutist monarchy in Rome. He followed Tiberius’s example of using treason trials to eliminate enemies, real or imagined.”
How long until Trump starts locking up journalists
and opposition politicians? Think that won’t happen? Remember all those “lock her up!
Of course Putin’s Operation Infektion is going to amplify those calls on right-wing extremist social media, to create more chaos and damage in the US.
And the way things have been going so far, it won’t be long til we’ll have armed MAGA mobs, demanding that Trump lock up every Democrat who dares to oppose the great leader.
Trumpists Urging People to Leave Their Homes to Own the Libs. There is a growing resistance on the right that threatens to add additional stress to a political system already nearing the breaking point. -The Daily Beast “A protest movement is taking hold targeting states that have extended social-distancing rules, closed schools, and restricted access to large religious gatherings. And it’s being fed by loyalists and political allies of President Donald Trump.”
'Lock her up!': Anti-Whitmer coronavirus lockdown protestors swarm Michigan Capitol. Demonstrators were supposed to stay in their cars for social distancing. Not everyone did. -NBC News
I’m sure infecting the whole country with a deadly virus isn’t enough for these brainwashed Trump cult zombies.
I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time before these halfwits start destroying American infrastructure, because that’s what right-wing extremist nutjobs are already doing in other western countries.
There’s this idiotic internet rumor that says 5G cell phone towers are causing the pandemic.
How dumb do you have to be to believe that? This kind of ignorant bullshit appeals to the very dumbest among us. The mouthbreathing yokels who don’t understand the first thing about biology.
You know, the MAGA minions who think evolution is a hoax and Obama is a Kenyan muslim.
Anyway, guess who’s behind that idiotic rumor... Russia of course:
5G Virus Conspiracy Theory Fueled by Coordinated Effort -Bloomberg
Putin’s Long War Against American Science: A decade of health disinformation promoted by President Vladimir Putin of Russia has sown wide confusion, hurt major institutions and encouraged the spread of deadly illnesses. -New York Times
Russia trolls 'spreading vaccination misinformation' to create discord -BBC
Russian trolls fueled anti-vaccination debate in U.S. by spreading misinformation on Twitter, study finds -CBS News
This too was a part of Operation Infektion. The goal was and still is to kill as many American children with preventable viral infections as possible, by convincing parents not to protect their kids with life-saving vaccinations.
Maybe it’s working. Maybe Russian disinformation is ultimately responsible for the fact that the child mortality rate is 76% higher
in the US than in other rich countries.
Nah, that’s probably still our own fault for having the most expensive, least efficient healthcare system in the world:
The most expensive health care system in the world -Harvard School of Public Health “The U.S. spends more on health care than all the other wealthy democracies in the world. But in spite of all that spending, life expectancy in the U.S lags behind that of its peer countries. And many Americans struggle to pay for health care.”
And who doesn’t know this? Who thinks universal healthcare is more expensive than the private-for-profit clusterfuck we have?
The MAGA minions!
Examining Quality and Efficiency of the U.S. Healthcare System -PubMed.gov “The U.S. healthcare system is characterized as the world's most expensive yet least effective compared with other nations. Growing healthcare costs have made millions of citizens vulnerable.”
New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage -The Harvard Gazette
And who loves the fact that our private-for-profit healthcare clusterfuck is insanely expensive and inefficient, and Americans are dying from a lack of proper healthcare?
The MAGA minions!
U.S. Healthcare: Most Expensive and Worst Performing -The Atlantic
U.S. health spending twice other countries' with worse results -Fox News
Yeah, even Fox News knows it! And yet they keep telling you that universal healthcare is supposedly evil and terrible. Why? Not because it’s true, but because the healthcare industry and big pharma tells them to lie to you. To maximize their profits.
In the U.S., an Angioplasty Costs $32,000. Elsewhere? Maybe $6,400. A study of international prices finds American patients pay much more across a wide array of common services. -New York Times
US healthcare is literally killing people -Financial Times
And who definitely does not want better, cheaper universal healthcare
, like they have in every civilized country, including Israel
The MAGA minions!
The dumbest fucking people on the planet.
Amazing how well Operation Infektion
has brainwashed right-wing extremists, to demand
corrupt policies that will ultimately kill them.
That’s why they’re chanting in the streets, demanding to reopen the economy in the middle of a deadly pandemic, so that the billionaires can make more profits at our expense again. Instead of giving back to the community in our time of need.
Republican billionaires don’t believe in sharing is caring. That’s why they’re Republican billionaires.
How much has Trump donated to those affected by the coronavirus so far? Nothing? Yeah, that’s what I figured.
Meanwhile, Trump’s brainwashed peasants demand that he lock up the scientists and politicians who tell us not to gather in megachurches during a deadly pandemic because we’re gonna die.
And this is why:
Russia goes after coronavirus in latest health misinformation push -Axios
US conservatives spread tweets by Russian trolls over 30 times more often than liberals -MIT Technology Review
Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to think the coronavirus threat is ‘exaggerated,’ new survey finds -Market Watch
Conservatives’ Coronavirus Denial Is Going to Get People Killed. By dismissing the disease as a Democratic hoax, right-wing pundits are putting their elderly audience in danger. -The New Republic
And why do MAGA minions believe windmills cause cancer
and cell phone towers give you the cooties? Russia!
Your 5G Phone Won’t Hurt You. But Russia Wants You to Think Otherwise. -New York Times
So what does Putin’s army of brainwashed right-wing extremist western morons do? They destroy the cell phone towers in their own countries:
These Videos Show People Burning Down 5G Cell Phone Towers Over Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories -Vice
At least 20 UK phone masts vandalised over false 5G coronavirus claims -The Guardian
You know, the same cell phone towers that first responders rely on, to save your stupid life. During a pandemic for example.
Verizon cellular outage left Burlington first-responders in the dark -WCAX “For first responders, having clear communication can mean the difference between life and death. "If it's a fire, or if it's a medical call, being able to communicate with each other so the best treatment can be given or the most effective means of extinguishing a fire -- everything with it is critical on communication," said Burlington Fire Deputy Chief Peter Brown.”
Putin’s western saboteurs are systematically destroying their own countries from the inside.
You hear that?
If you’re really quiet you can hear Putin laughing.
Operation Infektion is weakening the west, and taking down America.
It’s no coincidence that Trump
and Fox News often parrot Russian disinformation
Donald Trump is the virus: His coronavirus response confirms how toxic he is for the country -New York Daily News
Trump Can Lie About His Coronavirus Record, But People Remember His Early Inaction On The Threat -The Late Show
Debunking Trump's dangerous new attack on W.H.O during pandemic -MSNBC
Fearless Dr. Fauci is more loyal to truth than to Trump -AL.com
That’s why Trump’s death cult hates Fauci
CDC Director Distances From Trump, Says Relationship With WHO Has Been ‘Productive’ -Huffington Post
WHO is a "long-standing partner" to CDC, says Director Robert Redfield -CBS News
Trump's move to strip $400 million from WHO amid coronavirus is just the propaganda windfall Russia, China, and Iran have been hoping for -Business Insider “All three countries have piled on the US in the wake of Trump's announcement, accusing it of undermining the global effort to defeat the virus. Trump has made the US the bad guy at a time when many countries were turning against China. Public-health experts, former US officials, US lawmakers, and even a top conservative think tank have said that cutting WHO's funding could exacerbate the coronavirus pandemic.”
'We Alerted The World' To Coronavirus On Jan. 5, WHO Says In Response To U.S. -NPR
A Timeline Of Coronavirus Comments From President Trump And WHO -NPR
Pelosi says Trump's WHO decision is 'dangerous, illegal and will be swiftly challenged' -The Guardian “The President’s halting of funding to the WHO as it leads the global fight against the coronavirus pandemic is senseless,” the Democratic speaker said in a new statement.”
Elizabeth Warren Endorses Joe Biden For President -Huffington Post
AOC: 'It’s really important that we rally behind our Democratic nominee' -The Guardian
Sanders warns his loyalists it would be ‘irresponsible’ not to support Biden. Sanders criticizes his supporters who have so far resisted his vow to do whatever it takes to help Biden win the presidency -The Guardian
And who’s telling Bernie supporters not to vote for Biden and let Trump win? Russia!
Inside the Russian effort to target Sanders supporters — and help elect Trump -Washington Post
Russia Doesn't Want Bernie Sanders. It Wants Chaos. The point of Kremlin interference has always been to find democracy’s loose seams, and pull. -Wired
Bernie Sanders blames vicious Bernie Bros on Russian trolls -Washington Examiner
July 19, 2018: Sanders Introduces Resolution to Protect American Democracy from Russian Meddling -Senate.gov
Not voting for Biden means Trump will win.
If you’re a Bernie fan, Trump is the exact opposite of everything you believe in. Trump is
the ruthless predatory capitalism we all hate so much.
Biden may not be everything you want, but Trump is nothing you want.
By not voting and letting Trump win, you’re only hurting yourself. And isn’t that what we always ridicule clueless Trump voters for? Voting against their own best interest?
Alright, that’s my little rant for today. Let’s get back to today’s headlines:
Japan urges citizens to isolate as reports warn of 400,000 deaths -Reuters
The Dow Is Falling as Economic Data Show the Damage From Pandemic -Barron’s
Trump is predicting a rapid economic recovery. Experts say it's not likely. The impact of the pandemic on business and employment will probably be felt for years, according to multiple economists. -NBC News
Why we’re facing the worst recession since the Great Depression -CNBC
How Covid-19 Broke the Global Economy -Bloomberg
Why dairy farmers across America are dumping their milk -CNN
Retail sales plunge 8.7 percent in March, biggest drop on record -The Hill
A zoo is struggling so much that it may have to feed some animals to other animals -CNN
Insane video captures massive paper mill explosion in Maine -New York Post
Lots of fires lately.
April 5: Fort Myers Fire Destroys 3,500 Rental Cars -Auto Rental News
April 7: Rise in searches for 'How to set fire' a sign insurance fraud beckons as economy crashes -Washington Examiner
April 10: San Antonio firefighters investigate suspicious fire at strip club -NBC News
April 14: Fire rips through La Jolla nail salon -Fox 5
April 14: Fire tears through commercial building in St. Paul, leaving it a total loss -Twin Cities Pioneer Press
I wonder if there has been a significant uptick in the number of fires in businesses that were struggling due to the lockdown. I’m gonna have to google some nationwide insurance statistics in a few weeks.
CDC estimates more than 9,200 health care workers have been infected with covid-19 -CNN
Two US sailors on French carrier test positive for coronavirus -The Hill
Pentagon to extend troop movement freeze past May 11 -The Hill
Russians, Iranians hassle U.S. military in separate incidents -Politico
Coronavirus: Concerts, sports may not return until fall 2021, expert says -Mercury News
Universities begin considering the possibility of canceling in-person classes until 2021 -CNN
Women leaders are doing a disproportionately great job at handling the pandemic. So why aren't there more of them? -CNN
So far, on average, female world leaders have been doing a much better job handling the coronavirus pandemic than male leaders. But to be fair, Trump is really bringing down the male average.
House Democrats introduce plan to pay Americans $2,000 a month until economy recovers from COVID-19 -Business Insider
This would save a lot of lives and save the economy. It’s what other countries in Europe and Asia are doing. It’s the best option.
So of course the Republicans are going to do everything they can to stop it. In their minds, money is for rich people. In Trumpistan, only rich people get billions in free money from the government. Fuck the peasants.
“Let them eat cake.” -Marie-Antoinette
'Beyond Predatory': Trump Treasury Department Gives Banks Green Light to Seize $1,200 Stimulus Checks to Pay Off Debts -Common Dreams
Unparalleled crisis leads to unprecedented federal spending -The Hill
And almost all of that money is gonna end up in the pockets of Trump and a handful of his billionaire buddies.
Don’t be Putin’s useful idiot. Vote for Biden, even if he’s nowhere near as good as Bernie. He’s still a thousand times better than Trump.
Instead of admitting his failure to act, Trump is busy trying to blame everyone but himself for the 32,000 Americans who were killed so far.
In the past few days, Trump and his henchmen have been ramping up the anti-China rhetoric, just as I predicted
. Let’s see how much longer it takes before they accuse China of deliberately infecting America.
I think it’s only a matter of time, before Trump and his sniveling henchmen are going to call this pandemic an attack on America. To rally Trump’s brainwashed minions behind him, and to demonize liberals as traitors, just like Hitler demonized jewish Germans as traitors.
Pompeo, Joint Chiefs chairman raise concerns about China over coronavirus -CNN “Top government officials, including the secretary of state, are raising concerns about China’s involvement with the beginnings of the coronavirus pandemic, arguing that without China providing transparency, the US cannot discern where the virus originated. Joint Chiefs Chairman Mark A. Milley could not completely deny reports that the virus originated in a Chinese research lab in Wuhan, merely calling the evidence “inconclusive.”
Donald Trump’s 3-Month-Old Tweet About China And The Coronavirus Comes Back To Haunt Him -Huffington Post “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!” [email protected], Jan 24, 2020
Trump says something, and then a few days later he says the exact opposite. And then he blatantly lies and screams “fake news” when someone points out that he’s a liar
Everyone knows this, except for his brainwashed cult members. They take every word he says as the gospel truth, and willfully ignore that he constantly contradicts himself. Trump vs Trump on Coronavirus: the US President's changing tone in just a few weeks -Channel 4
submitted by The_Web_Of_Slime to Intelligence [link] [comments]
Imagine if there was one desk that all stories could cross so that, at 4am, a media plan could be decided upon and disseminated where all news outlets coordinated to set the goalposts of debate and hyper focused on specific issues to drive a narrative to control how you vote and how you spend money; where Internet shills were given marching orders in tandem to what was shown on television, printed in newspapers and spread throughout articles on the World Wide Web. https://i.imgur.com/Elnci0M.png
In the past, we had Operation Mockingbird, where the program was supremely confident that it could control stories around the world, even in instructions to cover up any story about a possible “Yeti” sighting, should it turn out they were real. https://i.imgur.com/121LXqy.png
If, in 1959, the government was confident in its ability to control a story about a Yeti, then what is their level of confidence in controlling stories, today? https://i.imgur.com/jQFVYew.png https://i.imgur.com/ZKMYGJj.png
In fact, we have a recent example of a situation similar to the Yeti. When Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch met on the TARMAC to spike the Hillary email investigation, the FBI was so confident it wasn’t them, that their entire focus was finding the leaker, starting with searching within the local PD. We have documentation that demonstrates the state of mind of the confidence the upper levels of the FBI have when dealing with the media. https://i.imgur.com/IbjDOkI.png https://i.imgur.com/NH86ozU.png
The marriage between mainstream media and government is a literal one and this arrangement is perfectly legal. https://i.imgur.com/OAd4vpf.png
But, this problem extends far beyond politics; the private sector, the scientific community, even advice forums are shilled heavily. People are paid to cause anxiety, recommend people break up and otherwise sow depression and nervousness. This is due to a correlating force that employs “systems psychodynamics”, focusing on “tension centered” strategies to create “organizational paradoxes” by targeting people’s basic assumptions about the world around them to create division and provide distraction. https://i.imgur.com/6OEWYFN.png https://i.imgur.com/iG4sdD4.png https://i.imgur.com/e89Rx6B.png https://i.imgur.com/uotm9Cg.png https://i.imgur.com/74wt9tD.png
In this day and age, it is even easier to manage these concepts and push a controlled narrative from a central figure than it has ever been. Allen & Co is a “boutique investment firm” that managed the merger between Disney and Fox and operates as an overseeing force for nearly all media and Internet shill armies, while having it’s fingers in sports, social media, video games, health insurance, etc. https://i.imgur.com/zlpBh3c.png https://i.imgur.com/e5ZvFFJ.png
Former director of the CIA and Paul Brennan’s former superior George Tenet, holds the reigns of Allen & Co. The cast of characters involves a lot of the usual suspects. https://i.imgur.com/3OlrX7G.png
In 1973, Allen & Company bought a stake in Columbia Pictures. When the business was sold in 1982 to Coca-Cola, it netted a significant profit. Since then, Herbert Allen, Jr. has had a place on Coca-Cola's board of directors.
Since its founding in 1982, the Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference has regularly drawn high-profile attendees such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Rupert Murdoch, Barry Diller, Michael Eisner, Oprah Winfrey, Robert Johnson, Andy Grove, Richard Parsons, and Donald Keough.
Allen & Co. was one of ten underwriters for the Google initial public offering in 2004. In 2007, Allen was sole advisor to Activision in its $18 billion merger with Vivendi Games. In 2011, the New York Mets hired Allen & Co. to sell a minority stake of the team. That deal later fell apart. In November 2013, Allen & Co. was one of seven underwriters on the initial public offering of Twitter. Allen & Co. was the adviser of Facebook in its $19 billion acquisition of WhatsApp in February 2014.
In 2015, Allen & Co. was the advisor to Time Warner in its $80 billion 2015 merger with Charter Communications, AOL in its acquisition by Verizon, Centene Corporation in its $6.8 billion acquisition of Health Net, and eBay in its separation from PayPal.
In 2016, Allen & Co was the lead advisor to Time Warner in its $108 billion acquisition by AT&T, LinkedIn for its merger talks with Microsoft, Walmart in its $3.3 billion purchase of Jet.com, and Verizon in its $4.8 billion acquisition of Yahoo!. In 2017, Allen & Co. was the advisor to Chewy.com in PetSmart’s $3.35 billion purchase of the online retailer.
Allen & Co throws the Sun Valley Conference every year where you get a glimpse of who sows up. Harvey Weinstein, though a past visitor, was not invited last year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_%26_Company_Sun_Valley_Conference
Previous conference guests have included Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren and Susan Buffett, Tony Blair, Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Allen alumnus and former Philippine Senator Mar Roxas, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Quicken Loans Founder & Chairman Dan Gilbert, Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang, financier George Soros, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch, eBay CEO Meg Whitman, BET founder Robert Johnson, Time Warner Chairman Richard Parsons, Nike founder and chairman Phil Knight, Dell founder and CEO Michael Dell, NBA player LeBron James, Professor and Entrepreneur Sebastian Thrun, Governor Chris Christie, entertainer Dan Chandler, Katharine Graham of The Washington Post, Diane Sawyer, InterActiveCorp Chairman Barry Diller, Linkedin co-founder Reid Hoffman, entrepreneur Wences Casares, EXOR and FCA Chairman John Elkann, Sandro Salsano from Salsano Group, and Washington Post CEO Donald E. Graham, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, and Oprah Winfrey. https://i.imgur.com/VZ0OtFa.png
George Tenet, with the reigns of Allen & Co in his hands, is able to single-handedly steer the entire Mockingbird apparatus from cable television to video games to Internet shills from a singular location determining the spectrum of allowable debate. Not only are they able to target people’s conscious psychology, they can target people’s endocrine systems with food and pornography; where people are unaware, on a conscious level, of how their moods and behavior are being manipulated. https://i.imgur.com/mA3MzTB.png
"The problem with George Tenet is that he doesn't seem to care to get his facts straight. He is not meticulous. He is willing to make up stories that suit his purposes and to suppress information that does not." https://i.imgur.com/YHMJnnP.png
"Sadly but fittingly, 'At the Center of the Storm' is likely to remind us that sometimes what lies at the center of a storm is a deafening silence."
Tenet joined President-elect Bill Clinton's national security transition team in November 1992. Clinton appointed Tenet Senior Director for Intelligence Programs at the National Security Council, where he served from 1993 to 1995. Tenet was appointed Deputy Director of Central Intelligence in July 1995. Tenet held the position as the DCI from July 1997 to July 2004. Citing "personal reasons," Tenet submitted his resignation to President Bush on June 3, 2004. Tenet said his resignation "was a personal decision and had only one basis—in fact, the well-being of my wonderful family—nothing more and nothing less. In February 2008, he became a managing director at investment bank Allen & Company. https://i.imgur.com/JnGHqOS.png
We have the documentation that demonstrates what these people could possibly be doing with all of these tools of manipulation at their fingertips.
The term for it is “covert political action” for which all media put before your eyes is used to serve as a veneer… a reality TV show facade of a darker modus operandum. https://i.imgur.com/vZC4D29.png https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/kent-csi/vol36no3/html/v36i3a05p_0001.htm
It is now clear that we are facing an implacable enemy whose avowed objective is world domination by whatever means and at whatever costs. There are no rules in such a game. Hitherto acceptable norms of human conduct do not apply. If the US is to survive, longstanding American concepts of "fair play" must be reconsidered. We must develop effective espionage and counterespionage services and must learn to subvert, sabotage and destroy our enemies by more clever, more sophisticated means than those used against us. It may become necessary that the American people be made acquainted with, understand and support this fundamentally repugnant philosophy. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3340677/t/cia-operatives-shadowy-war-force/
Intelligence historian Jeffrey T. Richelson says the S.A. has covered a variety of missions. The group, which recently was reorganized, has had about 200 officers, divided among several groups: the Special Operations Group; the Foreign Training Group, which trains foreign police and intelligence officers; the Propaganda and Political Action Group, which handles disinformation; the Computer Operations Group, which handles information warfare; and the Proprietary Management Staff, which manages whatever companies the CIA sets up as covers for the S.A.
Scientology as a CIA Political Action Group – “It is a continuing arrangement…”: https://mikemcclaughry.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/scientology-as-a-cia-political-action-group-it-is-a-continuing-arrangement/
…Those operations we inaugurated in the years 1955-7 are still secret, but, for present purposes, I can say all that’s worth saying about them in a few sentences – after, that is, I offer these few words of wisdom. The ‘perfect’ political action operation is, by definition, uneventful. Nothing ‘happens’ in it. It is a continuing arrangement, neither a process nor a series of actions proceeding at a starting point and ending with a conclusion.
CIA FBI NSA Personnel Active in Scientology: https://i.imgur.com/acu2Eti.png
When you consider the number of forces that can be contained within a single “political action group” in the form on a “boutique investment firm,” where all sides of political arguments are predetermined by a selected group of actors who have been planted, compromised or leveraged in some way in order to control the way they spin their message. https://i.imgur.com/tU4MD4S.png
The evidence of this coordinated effort is overwhelming and the “consensus” that you see on TV, in sports, in Hollywood, in the news and on the Internet is fabricated.
Under the guise of a fake account a posting is made which looks legitimate and is towards the truth is made - but the critical point is that it has a VERY WEAK PREMISE without substantive proof to back the posting. Once this is done then under alternative fake accounts a very strong position in your favour is slowly introduced over the life of the posting. It is IMPERATIVE that both sides are initially presented, so the uninformed reader cannot determine which side is the truth. As postings and replies are made the stronger 'evidence' or disinformation in your favour is slowly 'seeded in.'
Thus the uninformed reader will most likely develop the same position as you, and if their position is against you their opposition to your posting will be most likely dropped. However in some cases where the forum members are highly educated and can counter your disinformation with real facts and linked postings, you can then 'abort' the consensus cracking by initiating a 'forum slide.'
When you find yourself feeling like common sense and common courtesy aren’t as common as they ought to be, it is because there is a massive psychological operation controlled from the top down to ensure that as many people as possible are caught in a “tension based” mental loop that is inflicted on them by people acting with purpose to achieve goals that are not in the interest of the general population, but a method of operating in secret and corrupt manner without consequences.
Notice that Jeffrey Katzenberg, of Disney, who is intertwined with Allen & Co funds the Young Turks. He is the perfect example of the relationship between media and politics.
Katzenberg has also been involved in politics. With his active support of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, he was called "one of Hollywood's premier political kingmakers and one of the Democratic Party's top national fundraisers."
With cash from Jeffrey Katzenberg, The Young Turks looks to grow paid subscribers: https://digiday.com/media/with-cash-from-katzenberg-the-young-turks-look-to-grow-paid-subscribers/
Last week, former DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg’s new mobile entertainment company WndrCo was part of a $20 million funding round in TYT Network, which oversees 30 news and commentary shows covering politics, pop culture, sports and more. This includes the flagship “The Young Turks” program that streams live on YouTube every day. Other investors in the round included venture capital firms Greycroft Partners, E.ventures and 3L Capital, which led the round. This brings total funding for Young Turks to $24 million.
How Hollywood's Political Donors Are Changing Strategies for the Trump Era: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hollywood-political-donors-are-changing-strategy-post-trump-1150545
Hollywood activism long has been depicted as a club controlled by a handful of powerful white men: Katzenberg, Spielberg, Lear, David Geffen, Haim Saban and Bob Iger are the names most often mentioned. But a new generation of power brokers is ascendant, including J.J. Abrams and his wife, Katie McGrath, cited for their personal donations and bundling skills; Shonda Rhimes, who held a get-out-the-vote rally at USC's Galen Center on Sept. 28 that drew 10,000 people; CAA's Darnell Strom, who has hosted events for Nevada congresswoman Jacky Rosen and Arizona congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema; and former Spotify executive Troy Carter, who held three fundraisers for Maryland gubernatorial candidate Ben Jealous (Carter also was a fundraiser for President Obama).
Soros Group Buys Viacom's DreamWorks Film Library: https://www.forbes.com/2006/03/17/soros-viacom-dreamworks-cx_gl_0317autofacescan11.html#541a895f1f22
Viacom, after splitting off from Les Moonves Les Moonves ' CBS , still holds Paramount Pictures, and that movie studio in December agreed to acquire DreamWorks SKG, the creative shop founded by the Hollywood triumvirate of Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Jeffrey Katzenberg (a former exec at The Walt Disney Co.). DreamWorks Animation had been spun off into a separate company.
Now it's time for Freston to make back some money--and who better to do a little business with than George Soros? The billionaire financier leads a consortium of Soros Strategic Partners LP and Dune Entertainment II LLC, which together are buying the DreamWorks library--a collection of 59 flicks, including Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, and American Beauty.
The money you spend on media and junk food and in taxes goes to these groups who then decide how best to market at you so that they decide how you vote by creating a fake consensus to trick into thinking that you want something other than what is best for you; but will inevitably result in more money being funneled to the top, creating further separation between the super rich and the average person. The goal will be to assert creeping authoritarianism by generating outrage against policies and issues they hate. Part of manipulating your basic assumptions is also to use schadenfreude (think canned laughter on TV) against characters who support the cause that might actually do you the most good (which reaffirms and strengthens your confirmation biased along predetermined political lines). https://i.imgur.com/PW1cRtj.png
We have a population being taught to hate socialism and love capitalism when the truth is no country is practicing either. These terms are merely disguises for political oligarchies where the collection of wealth is less about getting themselves rich and more about keeping everyone else poor.
What can you guess about the world around you if it turned out that every consensus that was forced on you was fake?
How much money would it take to make it look like 51% of the Internet believed in completely idiotic ideas? Combine shill operations with automation and AI’s, and the cost becomes a good investment relative to the return when measured in political power.
Even the people who are well intentioned and very vocal do not have to consciously be aware that they are working for a political action group. A covert political group will always prefer an unwitting tool to help push their agenda, so that they can remain in the shadows.
FDA Admonishes Drug Maker Over Kim Kardashian Instagram Endorsement https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkroll/2015/08/11/fda-spanks-drug-maker-over-kim-kardashian-instagram-endorsement/#25174a29587b
The OSS files offer details about other agents than famous chef, Julia Child; including Supreme Court Justice Arthur Goldberg, major league catcher Moe Berg, historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr., and actor Sterling Hayden. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26186498/ns/us_news-security/t/julia-child-cooked-double-life-spy/
USA Today: Businesses and organizations may refer to it as a tool for competitive advantage and marketing; but make no mistake http://archive.is/37tK3
Shareblue accounts caught in /politics
posting links to Shareblue without disclosing their affiliation http://archive.is/7HAkr
Psy Group developed elaborate information operations for commercial clients and political candidates around the world http://archive.is/BBblQ
Top mod of /Mechanical_Gifs
tries to sell subreddit on ebay for 999.00 dollars. http://archive.is/kU1Ly
Shill posts picture of a dog in a hammock with the brand clearly visible without indicating that it's an ad in the title of the post http://archive.is/Mfdk9
Arstechnica: GCHQs menu of tools spreads disinformation across Internet- â€œEffects capabilitiesâ€ allow analysts to twist truth subtly or spam relentlessly. http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/ghcqs-chinese-menu-of-tools-spread-disinformation-across-internet/
Samsung Electronics Fined for Fake Online Comments http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/samsung-electronics-fined-for-fake-online-comments/?_r=0
Discover Magazine: Researchers Uncover Twitter Bot Army Thatâ€™s 350 http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2017/01/20/twitter-bot-army/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20DiscoverTechnology%20%28Discover%20Technology%29#.WIMl-oiLTnA
Times of Israel - The internet: Israelâ€™s new PR battlefield http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-rise-of-digital-diplomacy-could-be-changing-israels-media-image/
Time: Social Media Manipulation? When â€œIndieâ€ Bloggers and Businesses Get Cozy http://business.time.com/2013/04/22/social-media-manipulation-when-indie-bloggers-and-businesses-get-cozy/
Content-Driven Detection of Campaigns in Social Media [PDF] http://faculty.cs.tamu.edu/caverlee/pubs/lee11cikm.pdf
the law preventing them from using this in America was repealed http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14/u-s-repeals-propaganda-ban-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/
Redditor who works for a potato mailing company admits to being a shill. He shows off his 27 thousand dollars he made in /pics http://i.imgur.com/CcTHwdS.png
Screenshot of post since it was removed. http://i.imgur.com/k9g0WF8.png
Just thought I'd contribute to this thread http://imgur.com/OpSos4u
CNN: A PR firm has revealed that it is behind two blogs that previously appeared to be created by independent supporters of Wal-Mart. The blogs Working Families for Wal-mart and subsidiary site Paid Critics are written by 3 employees of PR firm Edelman http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/20/news/companies/walmart_blogs/index.htm
Vice: Your Government Wants to Militarize Social Media to Influence Your Beliefs http://motherboard.vice.com/read/your-government-wants-to-militarize-social-media-to-influence-your-beliefs
BBC News: China's Internet spin doctors http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7783640.stm
BBC News: US plans to 'fight the net' revealed http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4655196.stm
Wall Street Journal: Turkey's Government Forms 6 http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323527004579079151479634742?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424127887323527004579079151479634742.html
Fake product reviews may be pervasive http://phys.org/news/2013-07-fake-product-pervasive.html#nRlv
USA Today: The co-owner of a major Pentagon propaganda contractor publicly admitted that he was behind a series of websites used in an attempt to discredit two USA TODAY journalists who had reported on the contractor. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/military/story/2012-05-24/Leonie-usa-today-propaganda-pentagon/55190450/1
ADWEEK: Marketing on Reddit Is Scary http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/marketing-reddit-scary-these-success-stories-show-big-potential-168278
BBC- How online chatbots are already tricking you- Intelligent machines that can pass for humans have long been dreamed of http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140609-how-online-bots-are-tricking-you
BBC news: Amazon targets 1 http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34565631
BBC: More than four times as many tweets were made by automated accounts in favour of Donald Trump around the first US presidential debate as by those backing Hillary Clinton http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37684418
Fake five-star reviews being bought and sold online - Fake online reviews are being openly traded on the internet http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43907695 http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-20982985 http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-20982985
Bloomberg: How to Hack an Election [and influence voters with fake social media accounts] http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/
"Internet Reputation Management http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2008-04-30/do-reputation-management-services-work-businessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice
Buzzfeed: Documents Show How Russiaâ€™s Troll Army Hit America http://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/documents-show-how-russias-troll-army-hit-america#.ki8Mz97ly
The Rise of Social Bots http://www.cacm.acm.org/magazines/2016/7/204021-the-rise-of-social-bots/fulltext
CBC News- Canadian government monitors online forums http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bureaucrats-monitor-online-forums-1.906351
Chicago Tribune: Nutrition for sale: How Kellogg worked with 'independent experts' to tout cereal http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-kellogg-independent-experts-cereal-20161121-story.html
DailyKos: HBGary: Automated social media management http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/16/945768/-UPDATED-The-HB-Gary-Email-That-Should-Concern-Us-All
Meme Warfare Center http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tfulltext/u2/a507172.pdf
Shilling on Reddit is openly admitted to in this Forbes article http://www.forbes.com/sites/julesschroede2016/03/10/the-magic-formula-behind-going-viral-on-reddit/#1d2485b05271
Forbes: From Tinder Bots To 'Cuban Twitter' http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/04/17/from-tinder-bots-to-covert-social-networks-welcome-to-cognitive-hacking/#4b78e2d92a7d
Huffington Post- Exposing Cyber Shills and Social Media's Underworld http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-fiorella/cyber-shills_b_2803801.html
The Independent: Massive British PR firm caught on video: "We've got all sorts of dark arts...The ambition is to drown that negative content and make sure that you have positive content online." They discuss techniques for managing reputations online and creating/maintaining 3rd-party blogs that seem independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/caught-on-camera-top-lobbyists-boasting-how-they-influence-the-pm-6272760.html
New York Times: Lifestyle Lift http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/technology/internet/15lift.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
New York Times: Give Yourself 5 Stars? Online http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/technology/give-yourself-4-stars-online-it-might-cost-you.html?src=me&ref=general
NY Times- From a nondescript office building in St. Petersburg http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html?_r=1
NY Times: Effort to Expose Russiaâ€™s â€˜Troll Armyâ€™ Draws Vicious Retaliation http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/world/europe/russia-finland-nato-trolls.html?_r=1
PBS Frontline Documentary - Generation Like http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/generation-like/
Gamers promote gaming-gambling site on youtube by pretending to hit jackpot without disclosing that they own the site. They tried to retroactively write a disclosure covering their tracks http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-lotto-investigation-uncovers-colossal-conflict-of-interest/
Raw Story: CENTCOM engages bloggers http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Raw_obtains_CENTCOM_email_to_bloggers_1016.html
Raw Story: Air Force ordered software to manage army of fake virtual people http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/18/revealed-air-force-ordered-software-to-manage-army-of-fake-virtual-people/
Salon: Why Reddit moderators are censoring Glenn Greenwaldâ€™s latest news story on shills http://www.salon.com/2014/02/28/why_reddit_moderators_are_censoring_glenn_greenwalds_latest_bombshell_partne
The Atlantic: Kim Kardashian was paid to post a selfie on Instagram and Twitter advertising a pharmaceutical product. Sent to 42 million followers on Instagram and 32 million on Twitter http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/09/fda-drug-promotion-social-media/404563/
WAR.COM: THE INTERNET AND PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS http://www.theblackvault.com/documents/ADA389269.pdf
The Guardian: Internet Astroturfing http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/dec/13/astroturf-libertarians-internet-democracy
The Guardian: Israel ups the stakes in the propaganda war http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/nov/20/mondaymediasection.israel
Operation Earnest Voice http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/ma17/us-spy-operation-social-networks
The Guardian: British army creates team of Facebook warriors http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/31/british-army-facebook-warriors-77th-brigade
The Guardian: US military studied how to influence Twitter [and Reddit] users in Darpa-funded research  http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/08/darpa-social-networks-research-twitter-influence-studies
The Guardian: Chinese officials flood the Chinese internet with positive social media posts to distract their population http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/20/chinese-officials-create-488m-social-media-posts-a-year-study-finds
Times of Israel: Israeli government paying bilingual students to spread propaganda online primarily to international communities without having to identify themselves as working for the government. "The [student] union will operate computer rooms for the project...it was decided to establish a permanent structure of activity on the Internet through the students at academic institutions in the country." http://www.timesofisrael.com/pmo-stealthily-recruiting-students-for-online-advocacy/
USA Today: Lord & Taylor settles FTC charges over paid Instagram posts http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/03/15/lord--taylor-settles-ftc-charges-over-paid-instagram-posts/81801972/
Researcher's algorithm weeds out people using multiple online accounts to spread propaganda - Based on word choice http://www.utsa.edu/today/2016/10/astroturfing.html http://www.webinknow.com/2008/12/the-us-air-force-armed-with-social-media.html
Wired: Powered by rapid advances in artificial intelligence http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2015/06/wired-world-2015/robot-propaganda
Wired: Clinton Staff and Volunteers Busted for Astroturfing [in 2007] http://www.wired.com/2007/12/clinton-staff-a/
Wired: Pro-Government Twitter Bots Try to Hush Mexican Activists http://www.wired.com/2015/08/pro-government-twitter-bots-try-hush-mexican-activists/
Wired: Microsoft http://www.wired.com/2015/09/ftc-machinima-microsoft-youtube/
Wired: Military Report: Secretly â€˜Recruit or Hire Bloggersâ€™ http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/report-recruit/
Wired: Air Force Releases â€˜Counter-Blogâ€™ Marching Orders http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/01/usaf-blog-respo/
Reddit Secrets https://archive.fo/NAwBx
Reddit Secrets https://archive.fo/SCWN7
"Once we isolate key people https://archive.is/PoUMo
GCHQ has their own internet shilling program https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Threat_Research_Intelligence_Group
US also operates in conjunction with the UK to collect and share intelligence data https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA_Agreement
Glenn Greenwald: How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
Glenn Greenwald: Hacking Online Polls and Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/07/14/manipulating-online-polls-ways-british-spies-seek-control-internet/
Here is a direct link to your image for the benefit of mobile users https://imgur.com/OpSos4u.jpg
Reddit for iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reddit-the-official-app/id1064216828?mt=8
Why Satoshi Nakamoto Has Gone https://medium.com/@ducktatosatoshi-nakamoto-has-gone-4cef923d7acd
What I learned selling my Reddit accounts https://medium.com/@Rob79/what-i-learned-selling-my-reddit-accounts-c5e9f6348005#.u5zt0mti3
Artificial intelligence chatbots will overwhelm human speech online; the rise of MADCOMs https://medium.com/artificial-intelligence-policy-laws-and-ethics/artificial-intelligence-chatbots-will-overwhelm-human-speech-online-the-rise-of-madcoms-e007818f31a1
How Reddit Got Huge: Tons of Fake Accounts - According to Reddit cofounder Steve Huffman https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/how-reddit-got-huge-tons-of-fake-accounts--2
Whistleblower and subsequent investigation: Paid trolls on /Bitcoin https://np.reddit.com/Bitcoin/comments/34m7yn/professional_bitcoin_trolls_exist/cqwjdlw
Confession of Hillary Shill from /SandersForPresident https://np.reddit.com/conspiracy/comments/3rncq9/confession_of_hillary_shill_from/
Why do I exist? https://np.reddit.com/DirectImageLinkerBot/wiki/index
Already a direct link? https://np.reddit.com/DirectImageLinkerBot/wiki/res_links
Here's the thread. https://np.reddit.com/HailCorporate/comments/3gl8zi/that_potato_mailing_company_is_at_it_again/ /netsec
talks about gaming reddit via sockpuppets and how online discourse is (easily) manipulated. https://np.reddit.com/netsec/comments/38wl43/we_used_sock_puppets_in_rnetsec_last_year_and_are
Redditor comes clean about being paid to chat on Reddit. They work to promote a politician https://np.reddit.com/offmychest/comments/3gk56y/i_get_paid_to_chat_on_reddit/
Shill whistleblower https://np.reddit.com/politics/comments/rtr6b/a_very_interesting_insight_into_how_certain/
Russian bots were active on Reddit last year https://np.reddit.com/RussiaLago/comments/76cq4d/exclusive_we_can_now_definitively_state_that/?st=j8s7535j&sh=36805d5d
The Bush and Gore campaigns of 2000 used methods similar to the Chinese government for conducting â€œguided discussionsâ€ in chatrooms designed to influence citizens https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/3xhoq8/til_the_advent_of_social_media_offers_new_routes/?st=j0o5xr9c&sh=3662f0dc
source paper. https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/4d3l3s/government_agents_and_their_allies_might_ente
or Click Here. https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/4kdq7n/astroturfing_information_megathread_revision_8/?st=iwlbcoon&sh=9e44591e
Alleged paid shill leaks details of organization and actions. https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/4wl19alleged_paid_shill_leaks_details_of_organization/?st=irktcssh&sh=8713f4be
Shill Confessions and Additional Information https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/5pzcnx/shill_confessions_and_additional_information/?st=izz0ga8r&sh=43621acd
Corporate and governmental manipulation of Wikipedia articles https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/5sb7pi/new_york_times_corporate_editing_of_wikipedia/?st=iyteny9b&sh=b488263f
Ex -MMA fighter and ex-police officer exposes corrupt police practices https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/6jn27s/ex_mma_fighter_and_expolice_officer_exposes/
User pushes InfoWars links on Reddit https://np.reddit.com/shills/comments/6uau99/chemicals_in_reddit_are_turning_memes_gay_take/?st=j6r0g2om&sh=96f3dbf4
Some websites use shill accounts to spam their competitor's articles https://np.reddit.com/TheoryOfReddit/comments/1ja4nf/lets_talk_about_those_playing_reddit_with/?st=iunay35w&sh=d841095d
User posts video using GoPro https://np.reddit.com/videos/comments/2ejpbb/yes_it_is_true_i_boiled_my_gopro_to_get_you_this/ck0btnb/?context=3&st=j0qt0xnf&sh=ef13ba81
Fracking shill whistleblower spills the beans on Fracking Internet PR https://np.reddit.com/worldnews/comments/31wo57/the_chevron_tapes_video_shows_oil_giant_allegedly/cq5uhse?context=3 https://i.imgur.com/Q3gjFg9.jpg https://i.imgur.com/q2uFIV0.jpg
TOP SECRET SPECIAL HANDLING NOFORN
CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
Directorate of Operations
October 16, 1964
MEMORANDUM FOR THE DIRECTOR OF THE CIA
Subject: After action report of
Operation CUCKOO (TS)
1) Operation CUCKOO was part of the overall operation CLEANSWEEP, aimed at eliminating domestic opposition to activities undertaken by the Central Intelligence Agency's special activities division, in main regard to operation GUILLOTINE.
2) Operation CUCKOO was approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Department of Defense and the office of The President of the United States as a covert domestic action to be under taken within the limits of Washington D.C as outlined by Secret Executive Order 37.
3) Following the publishing of the Warren Commission, former special agent Mary Pinchot Meyer (Operation MOCKINGBIRD, Operation SIREN) also was married to Cord Meyer (Operation MOCKINGBIRD, Operation GUILLOTINE) threatened to disclose the details of several Special Activities Divisions' operations, including but not limited to, Operation SIREN and GUILLOTENE.
TOP SECRET SPECIAL HANDLING NOFORN
4) It was deemed necessary by senior Directorate of Operations members to initiate Operation CUCKOO as an extension of Operation CLEANSWEEP on November 30th. After Mary Pinchot Meyer threatened to report her knowledge of Operation GUILLOTENE and the details of her work in Operation SIREN from her affair with the former President.
5) Special Activities Division was given the green light after briefing president Johnson on the situation. The situation report was forwarded to the Department of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of staff, who both approved of the parameters of the operation, as outlined under article C of secret executive order 37 (see attached copy of article).
6) 8 members of the special activities division handpicked by operation lead William King Harvey began planning for the operation on October 3rd, with planned execution before October 16th.
7) The (?) of the operation was set as the neighborhood of Georgetown along the Potomac river, where the operators would observe, take note on routines, and eventually carry the operation.
8) After nothing Meyer's routines, Edward "Eddy" Reid was picked as the operation point man who would intersect Meyer on her walk on October 12th, with lead William King Harvey providing long range support if necessary from across the Chesapeake and Ohio canal (see illustration A for detailed map).
9) Edward Reid was planned to be dressed in the manner of a homeless black man, due to his resemblances to local trash collector (later found out to be Raymond Crump) who inhabits the AO and the path that Reid was planned to intersect Meyer.
TOP SECRET SPECIAL HANDLING NOFORN
[Community] GamerGate 2018: Infinity War (We Survived the Snapture)
FOUR YEARS of magic! submitted by weltallic to KotakuInAction [link] [comments]
2018 was an extraordinary year, as /KotakuInAction celebrated...
But this was also a year fraught with peril! For while GamerGate celebrated yet another triumph, a villain tried to wipe us from existence with a snap of his fingers. And he did.
But to the shock and horror of many subreddits and gaming/clickbait news media, the unthinkable happened: WE SURVIVED.
Because we are everywhere and everything
And we laugh, because not only were we spared by The Snapture
, but it instead claimed a VAST number of our most belligerent detractors, companies, franchises, and e-celebs... including the snapper himself!
So let us now look back on yesteryear and appreciate those still with us, and salute all those in GamerGate rogue's gallery who crashed and burned, or faded to nothingness in the year 2018. Pointing, laughing, and pressing F may now commence.
- David-me (creator of /KotakuInAction). The snapper himself! David-me became a full-fledged #resistance fighter of the US presidency, and covertly announced on /Drama his intention to shut down this subreddit as retribution for electing LiterallyHitler. But after snapping his fingers and wiping out KiA, the admins stepped in and (thanks to this being one of the most moderated subreddits on reddit.com) restored everything back to normal. A tumultuous week followed, filled with fiery debate and heroic cat bites... but in the end, KiA stood strong and David-me was dethroned and departed. [Archive] [Link] [Link] [Link] [Link]
- John "Amir0x" Goldberg (NeoGaf, anti-GG activist ) is tried, convicted, and sentenced to 2 years in prison after pleading Guilty to multiple counts of possessing child pornography. [Link] [Link] [Album]
- Matt Hickey (Gizmodo, anti-GG activist ) is tried, convicted, and sentenced to 3 years in prison after pleading Guilty to multiple rape charges. “GamerGate is a bunch of women-hating future rapists!” - Matt [Link] [Link] [Album]
- Jessica Price (ArenaNet, anti-GG activist) and fellow video game writer Peter Fries are fired for attacking a polite and respectful streamer on Twitter. In Jessica's case, this follows a prolonged history of personal attacks and toxic hostility on social media, and the second time she's been fired for it. [Link] [Link]
- Daniel Z. Klein (Riot, Anti-GG activist) is fired after a Twitter meltdown where he viciously attacked and insulted the LoL community, gamers, and... pretty much anyone not celebrating the new PAX "No Men Allowed" policy. [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Laura Hudson (The Verge, anti-GG activist) is fired along with her rabidly anti-white recruiter Devon Maloney from stalwart anti-GamerGate tech blog The Verge. Maybe she can start up Offworld again with Leigh Alexander? [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Joss Whedon (Director, anti-GG activist) lost his feminist hero status and his prized Batgirl film project (which he spent years getting off the ground) following revelations he cheated with numerous "needy, aggressive" young actresses from his films and TV shows... I mean, he stepped aside to let a woman take charge because he's such a good feminist. [Link] [Album] [Album]
- James Portnow (Extra Credits, anti-GG activist) gets his own #MeToo treatment and community backlash after a nasty breakup with an employee, only to be hit by even more accusations of abuse and harassment by several more Extra Credits employees. [Album] [Link] [Link]
- Andrew Dobson (Inflation porn artist, anti-GG activist) has his 7yr old Twitter account permanently banned. Who knew evading your previous ban, calling for violence and repeatedly posting death threats had consequences? [Archive] [Album]
- Will Wheaton (anti-GG activist) abandoned Twitter, which he deems not safe enough for vulnerable users like himself, and moved to the Mastadon Fediverse... where a week later he delivers a tearful, masturbatory farewell after it's sensitive & woke community decreed he's transphobic and demands his exile to ensure their safety. [Link] [Album]
- Graham Linehan (IT Crowd, anti-GG activist) is issued an official warning by the UK police under the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act, and issued a "Prevention of Harassment" notice, warning him to cease all communication with his latest target or face the frightfully dreadful ire of British justice. [Link] [Album] [Link]
- Philip "Filip" Miucin (IGN) is fired, has all his content scrubbed, and becomes an Internet pariah after a Youtuber accuses him of almost word-for-word plagiarism of their review. Then the internet uncovered another plagiarized review. And another. And another, and another, and... [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Mack "John Cheese" Leighty (Cracked) is fired as Editor-In-Chief of The Modern Rogue and has all his articles on Cracked purged after being exposed for sexually preying on numerous young women at Cracked. John confesses, insists he's gone to therapy, and issues a public apology for being caught. [Link] [Album]
- Jason Schreier (Kotaku) wins an award and uses the opportunity to taunt GG. So naturally Zoe Quinn jumps in and attacks him for not giving her favorable-enough coverage years ago. An enormous Twitter slapfight erupts with many familiar faces making cameo appearances, and Jason issues grovelling public & private apologies... which are rejected by everyone, leaving Jason a broken, mewling mess. [Link] [Link]
- Raju Narisetti (Gizmodo Media Group CEO) is forced out by parent company Univision following a failed IPO, and "deep cuts" are advised for the proud owners of Gizmodo, Jezebel, Kotaku, etc. Following the departure of 40+ staffers, a sale of the titles is now being "explored". [Link] [Archive] [Link]
- Brian Krzanich (Intel CEO), who famously reversed his company's initial response to GG Operation: Disrespectful Nod and instead partnered Intel with Feminist Frequency, resigns in disgrace after revelations he violated his company's Code of Conduct by sleeping with a subordinate employee. [Link] [Archive]
- Patrick Söderlund (DICE CEO) resigns following disastrously low sales of Battlefield V after literally telling gamers not to buy the game, and calling anyone who questions the historical accuracy of pink-haired cyborg women in WW2 "uneducated". [Link] [Link] [Link] [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Cliff Bleszinski (Epic Games) shuts down his game studio (to the surprise of his employees on Twitter), and denies refunds. Who knew that constantly attacking gamers would not help you sell video games? [Link] [Album]
- David Jaffe (God of War) pauses on calling gamers "entitled manbabies" long enough to announce massive layoffs, and the shutdown of yet another studio. Gamers... have to be your audience? [Archive] [Link]
- Talia Lavin (New Yorker Magazine Fact Checker), who claimed GamerGate was "responsible for 2 mass murders", is universally condemned and promptly resigns for inciting a Twitter mob by claiming that a para-Olympian/ICE forensic analyst sported a Nazi tattoo... which was actually a Titan2 symbol of his platoon in Afghanistan. [Link] [Link]
- Matt "Fantastic" Loter (FemFreq disciple) has been identified as the man who assaulted Youtuber Jeremy Hambly at Gen Con 2018 in Anita Sarkeesian's name, and while the wheels of the lawsuit filed by The Quartering turns at a typical snail's pace, the dissociation by Quinnipiac University was swift, removing all mentions of Matt Loter and the course he was going to teach from their website. [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Zoe Quinn (Goddess Mode) fails to win at the Hugo Awards for Best Science FICTION and FANTASY Works for her novel Crash Override (hmm...), and insists she's now broke... while on holiday in Japan. Backers of her latest Kickstarter are left wondering what happened to the 85K she raised to develop a Chuck Tingle game that Chuck himself insists he has nothing to do with. [Link] [Album]
- Robbie Rodriguez (co-creator of Goddess Mode) all but nukes his Twitter account after sending unsolicited graphic photos of his anus to comic artist Ethan Van Sciver. The obscene photos are quickly deleted, and Robbie deletes almost all his tweets, and relabels his Twitter a "parody account". [Link] [Link]
- Heather Antos (Marvel Comics) quits as editor of social justice titles at Marvel Comics to go run a gambling website following multiple comic cancellations. New Marvel E.I.C announces "fresh start." [Link] [Link]
- Chuck Wendig (Star Wars author) is fired by Disney and has his books immediately cancelled mid-run for one too many obscene, vitriolic Twitter rants/meltdowns championing social justice and unleashing torrents of obscenities at Trump, GamerGate, white males, Star Wars fans, comic fans, cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers... wait, what? [Album] [Link] [Link] [Link] [Archive]
- Claire McCaskill (US Senator-D) loses her seat in the 2018 midterm elections. Was it demanding resignations for the crime of meeting with Russians, while lying about her own meeting? Or the video telling men they need to "shut the hell up" about a range of things from Star Wars to "ethics in gaming journalism"? Who knows? [Youtube] [Archive]
- Brianna Wu (Revolution 60, Anti-GG activist) fails to win a seat in congress. Whether it was due to the dire warnings of weaponized moon rocks or the support from GamerGate amidst a spurious #MeToo accusation (you're welcome, Brianna!), we'll never know... [Archive] [Link] [Album]
- James Gunn (Marvel Studios) resigns after becoming king o' the world with his celebrated Guardians of the Galaxy franchise after hundreds of old child pornography jokes resurface. And the thousands of redditors who laughed and jeered at KiA when Milo Yiannopoulos resigned after a years-old offensive joke was dug up to discredit him suddenly start wailing "Can we PLEASE stop firing people for horrible things they said years ago?!" Should James ever be rehired, will his conservative counterparts be also? Place your bets. [Album] [Album] [Archive] [Link]
- Ruby Rose & Scarlett Johansson are victims of an SJW harassment campaign backlash as Ruby Rose (a genderfluid lesbian) quits Twitter after being hounded for not being " gay enough" and "Jewish enough" to play the gay, Jewish Batwoman, while Scarlett is forced to quit a trans film role because in 2018 actors are only allowed to pretend to be what they already are (unless the role is a redhead). [Link] [Link] [Link] [Link]
- /StarWars Head Mod and creator of the subreddit issues a proclamation decreeing that although he loves democracy, and is "the last person to want to censor anything", he is imposing a "no negative posts" rule on the subreddit. All criticism of the new films is hereby banned. The formation of a rebellion was swift, and within mere days he
is thrown voluntarily and amicably hurls himself down a reactor shaft. [Image] [Image]
- Cathy Newman (Channel 4 News) became the laughing stock of the entire Internet following her disastrously cringey interview with Jordan Peterson. Cue the claims of "GamerGate"-style harassment and abuse... which she was caught laughing at and enjoying (before deleting the evidence). [Youtube] [Youtube] [Archive] [Link]
- SOLO: A Star Wars Story (2018 film) bombs so badly (despite making history!) that it effectively kills the entire Star Wars standalone film franchise, with many attributing the film's loss to irate audiences unhappy with The Last Jedi, and boycotting Solo is the only way to acquire a refund and exercise their power as consumers. [Link] [Youtube] [Youtube]
- Doom (2019 film), with it's brave diverse cast and brave diverse female DoomGuy and brave open-mouthed director championing diversity, bravely announced that the movie will instead be released straight-to-video. [Album] [Link] [Link]
- Star Trek: Discovery continued it's crash and burn into the atmosphere as it loses it's lead showrunners yet again... this time for chronic "leadership & operational issues", financial mismanagement, "increasingly abusive" treatment of staff, and threatening them to keep quiet to prevent filing complaints to HR. [Archive] [Archive]
- Diablo Immortal has a disastrous announcement event at BlizzCon, blindsiding Blizzard staff who received boos for telling the PC enthusiast audience that the much anticipated Diablo game will be a smartphone game, with no plans to bring it to PC. What was immortalized into a viral meme was the host's utterly bewildered response: "Don't you people have phones?!", as were deleted comments from the Youtube Trailer. [Link] [Link] [MP4] [Link] [Youtube]
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, darling of the gaming press and the ultimate anti-GG game we were forbidden to buy because it's "the antithesis" of everything GamerGate stands for... is a commercial disaster, leaving the heartbroken developers "scared" as they plan to leave San Francisco. [Link] [Link]
- Border Town (DC Comics) is abruptly cancelled from DC's Vertigo lineup (where it featured alongside Zoe Quinn's Goddess Mode) after creator Eric Esquivel's past history of sexual abuse is made public. Before nuking his social media, he blamed it on The Patriarchy infusing him with toxic masculinity. [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Youtube Rewind (2018) officially becomes the most disliked video in Youtube history. Rather than showcasing the stars and events of Youtube in 2018, they instead opted to showcase diversity by producing the most commercialized Rewind retrospective yet, packed with socio-political agendas, Twitch stars, Late Night TV hosts, and so much brave diversity. [Link] [Image]
- BullyHunters peaks and vanishes within days as the lauded female-empowered anti-bullying initiative loses all credibility (and sponsorship) when it's revealed the "live" stream was faked, the spokeswoman was an obscenity-hurling bully, the cited statistics were falsified, and the whole thing was an ad to sell headsets. [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Crash Override Network & Feminist Frequency are both quietly and surreptitiously dropped from the much lauded Twitter Trusted Safety Resource partner list and notorious Trust and Safety Council. [Link] [Link] [Archive]
- Magic Mirror Comics, demonstrating how woke they are by condemning Richard C. Meyer, banning any customer interested in his comic from their store, and threatening violence against anyone who has a problem with that... shuts down due to lack of business. [Link] [Link]
- Kotaku issues a grovelling apology for launching a harassment campaign against a poor woman who turned down a marriage proposal hidden as an easter egg in the Spider-Man PS4 game, after Kotaku falsely claimed she left him for his brother. [Archive] [Link]
- CrunchyRoll is dumped by Funimation, and loses streaming rights to almost 300 anime franchises (and associated series). This bookends a disastrous year after coming under fire for censoring a game advertised as uncensored, unstable servers, and accusations of misappropriating subscriber funds to produce feminist diversity cartoons. [Link] [Youtube] [Link] [Youtube]
- Google+ announces it's shutting down. While it's failure may be attributed to the recent massive data breach (and not it's rabid anti-GG Chief Architect), we would be remiss if we didn't give a smug salute to 4chan founder Christopher "Moot" Poole; one-time champion of free speech (before getting seduced by Gawker, subscribing to Feminist Frequency, and banning Gamergate threads) who left 4chan to save Google+. [Link] [Link] [Album]
- SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) is ordered to apologize and pay Islamic reformist Maajid Nawaz $3.4m for naming him as an "anti-Muslim extremist" for his activities opposing jihadism and encouraging his fellow believers to embrace western values. Also apologizes to Tim Pool & co. for labelling them white supremacists, fascists, anti-semites and/or Russia conspirators. [Link] [Archive]
- Tumblr Fandoms recoil in horror as Tumblr implements a "no porn" rule, shutting down all adult content on their platform. The LGBT community despair as what was considered the most queer-friendly social media board starts banning them en masse for anything and everything, prompting an exodus not seen since 4chan banned Gamergate. [Link] [Archive] (nsfw)
- #SaveGawker (Kickstarter campaign) tried and failed, barely raising 15% of the funds necessary needed for a collective of former employees to "save" it at auction, with the property ultimately falling into ownership by a former Gawker hitpiece target. [Link] [Image]
- AntiFa terrorists violently storm a free speech forum featuring Sargon. After standing his ground, they're sent running and Sargon claims their flag and holds it up in triumph as a trophy. [Link] [Link] [Image]
- The LGBTQ+ Society (of Goldsmiths University) is denounced, disassociated and disbanded from the campus and student union for insisting that communist gulags have been historically misunderstood. In fact, those sent there learned new skills via "classes, book clubs, newspaper editorial teams, sports, theatre & performance groups", and modern-day gulags aren't an idea we should discount so quickly, so bigots (like you) can be eradicated... through re-education. [Archive] [Link]
- Twitch Thots (to use the Internet vernacular) cried out in their hundreds as numerous social media accounts shut down after those wacky rascals on /pol/ started reporting Snapchat Premium (ie. porn for sale) users to the IRS for tax evasion. It was extraordinary, watching those who for years smugly proclaimed "Sex work is real work, Trump's gonna pay his fair share lol!" flip overnight to wailing "Why am I being audited? It wasn't work income; they were gifts! Taxation is theft!" [Link] [Youtube]
- TotalBiscuit passed away in 2018. While many felt a personal sting after he publically turned on KotakuInAction (and pretty much everybody) in his final months, we fondly remember the years he proudly stood by GamerGate. Be to his virtues very kind Be to his faults a little blind [Link] [Link] [Mp4]
- Gator (1976) passed away in 2018. All he wanted was to be left alone to enjoy his hobbies at home with his daughter, but fate had other ideas. And so Gator was forced to go out and bring down the corrupt and crooked people rigging the industry who just wouldn't let him and his daughter live in peace, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. We salute you, Gator. May you be immortalized in the KiA sidebar. [Image] [Youtube] [Link]
- /KotakuInAction celebrates 100,000 subscribers! For a consumer movement pronounced dead in 2014, we continue to grow in size and influence. From getting US presidents elected to turning the whole world against the mainstream news media to weaponizing eggplant emojis, GamerGate continues to be responsible for literally everything. [Link]
- OneAngryGamer is a regular target for DDOS attacks, but this year the hackers succeeded in bringing the gaming news site down... and corrupting the backups! For the better part of a month, OAG was offline with no ETA on it's return (if ever). But surprise; it's back, and once again making feminists quake at the sight of it's sidebar ads for anime tiddy statues. Just remember, kiddies: Archive Everything. TWICE. [Link] [Link] [Link]
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 becomes the best selling game in the franchise, shipping over a million units across the world. All despite dire warnings by gaming news and woke forums who insisted the game was "too Japanese", and the shapely, feminine girls had visible lumps on their chest that don't belong in western releases. [Link] [Link] [Album]
- Kingdom Come: Deliverence overcomes industry-wide blacklisting, hit pieces, and agenda-driven reviews, and succeeds in achieving every SJW game dev's ultimate dream: record-breaking sales, widespread praise and acclaim, and most importantly... being used as a teaching tool in schools! [Album] [Link] [Link] [Link] [Archive]
- Hulk Hogan, GamerGate's iconic tag-team partner in body-slamming Gawker into bankruptcy and oblivion is once more reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame. #BringBackBullying: FAILED. #BringBackHulkamania: SUCCESS. [Link] [Album] [Youtube]
- Soe Gschwind-Penski (eSports announcer) uses International Women's Day to thank all the men in gaming who treated her with respect and as an equal, whom offered her nothing but support, assistance, and positive reinforcement in a triumph for female equality in gaming. She promptly received hundreds of hate mail, hot takes, and death threats from feminists for her "internalized misogyny"... yet she neither retreated nor apologized, and stood strong for true equality in gaming. [Link] [Archive]
- #WeStand4Flood. Five "Mean Girls" falsely accused a boy at school of sexual assault in 2017 because they "just didn't like him". He was shackled, charged, and despite desperately pleading Not Guilty sentenced to juvenile detention. In 2018, the Mean Girls confessed and he returned to school, whereupon he was bullied and terrorized as a sex offender while the girls received no punishment. But good news, everyone! The family is suing the girl's parents, the school, and the County DA who didn't dismiss the case for months after the confessions. Thanks to overwhelming local outcry and global exposure, justice is finally being done! [Link] [Album]
- Freedom X won a $122,000 lawsuit against University of Washington, who can no longer charge ludicrously expensive "security" fees when conservative speakers wished to hold speaking events. The university agreed to end charging security fees entirely, ensuring conservative speakers are no longer "dissuaded" from appearing. [Link] [Link]
- ComicsGate continues to surpass all obstacles, from breaking the GoFundme goal and raising $400,000, to raising $120,000 to take vitriolic writer Mark Waid to court for tortious interference. The wheels of justice turn slow as ever, but we've stockpiled popcorn and are ready to watch the show. [Link] [Link] [Link]
- BBC Comedy proved that the world still has a licence to laugh at Social Justice Warriors with the hilarious skit "When You So Woke, You Asleep." With over 20,000 retweets and nearly 40,000 Likes, legendary entertainer Tracey Ullman perfectly skewers the modern affliction of "wokeness" to the delight of all. [Link] [Link] [Link]
WHAT A YEAR!
Sorry for not posting this earlier, but the truth is... I've been busy playing vidya!
Well, that and we're barely into 2019 and it seems every
week day there is a MAJOR HAPPENING on reddit:
And that was only the first month! And it's only February and the media is copping yet another shellacking over the way journalists and celebrities climbed over each other to condemn their ideological enemies over the Jussie Smollett attack... which turned out to be an orchestrated hoax. Yikes! The planet keeps spinning on it's axis and never slowing down!
- Government shutdowns, while Buzzfeed tricks the world with fake "We got him!" stories...
- The Covington School saga inciting a global news media/Hollywood witch hunt over weaponized smirks...
- Gillette getting everyone in a frothy lather over masculinity...
- GG's most notorious clickbait media adversaries (Buzzfeed, HuffPo, Vice, etc) got scythed, announcing thousands of layoffs as the clickbait bubble finally bursts to wails of despair as #LearnToCode becomes the latest meme banned for domestic terrorism...
But I managed to pause the rollercoaster of life just long enough to type this all up, so I hope you enjoyed this little retrospective! I have no doubt that after clicking the SUBMIT button, there will be some other major breaking story (or I realize I forgot to include some major 2018 event, or missed some dumb typo).
But whatever it may be... it's all GamerGate's fault. Because GG continues to be the runaway train that just won't stop; the bogeyman responsible for everything, everywhere!
2018's major pop culture event was The Infinity War, and we at /KotakuInAction all watched awestruck as so, so many anti-GG preachers and SocJus activists got utterly snapped. And we're still here!
So HAPPY NEW YEAR, a fond farewell to all those taken by The Snapture, and say a prayer alongside the girl with the Infinity Ribbon in her hair for an amazing 2019!
(Can you spot Vivian?)
Wendi Deng Murdoch Connected Silicon Valley to Russia
submitted by Puffin_Fitness to RussiaLago [link] [comments]
Wendi Deng keeps popping up through the Trump-Russia scandal, so how did she end up in the middle of it all? Wendi Deng united Silicone Valley with Russia, birthing Cambridge Analytica
Oleg Deripaska associate Roman Abramovich brought Russia to London, Wendi Deng brought Silicon Valley, and Ron Lauder brought the Trumps in an unholy marriage that is Cambridge Analytica. Rupert Murdoch introduces Wendi Deng to Russia
Starting as an intern at Murdoch-owned Star TV in Hong Kong which Murdoch bought from son of Hong Kongs billionaire, Li Ka-shing in 1993 (39), Deng quickly rose to an executive position which landed her in the lap of Rupert Murdoch. Two years later, they married (3). Rupert Murdoch opened the world of Silicone Valley and Russian oligarchs to Wendi Deng.
When Deng and Murdoch married in 1999, Murdoch already had unsavory Russian connections. Through the tumultuous 90‘s, Murdoch partnered with Boris Berezovsky
in Russia’s Nashe Radio (4), which he eventually sold to Vitaly Bogdanov in 2010 (5). Boris Berezovsky, known for criticizing Putin as Putin reached the helm of the Russian presidency in 2000, and then dying a mysterious death in 2013 (6), was also tied to the Russian mafia when he befriended Roman Abramovich (7).
Berezovsky met Roman Abramovich
in 1993 on a yacht with mutual friend Pytor Aven
of Alfa-Bank. Berezovsky would eventually introduce Abramovich to “the family,” close associates of then-president Boris Yeltsin (10). It was through Berezovsky’s creation of Sibneft that Abramovich entered the Russian aluminum industry at the height of the Aluminum wars. Abramovich would pay Berezovsky over a billion dollars across 6 years for “kryshna,” or mafia protection, in order to maintain any semblance of security at a time during the Aluminum Wars that a person was murdered every three days (10). Roman Abramovich- the oligarch at the center of Trump-Russia
- Here’s a photo of Roman Abramovich with Trump’s childhood friend, Ron Lauder (21):
(For more information on how Ron Lauder connects Trump to Russia, go here:) https://www.reddit.com/RussiaLago/comments/834t1i/ronald_s_lauder_enmeshed_in_trumprussia/
- In 1999, Putin enlisted Roman Abramovich and Lev Leviev to the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia under the leadership of Putin’s rabbi, Berel Lazar of the Chabad movement (22).
- Pytor Aven of Alfa-Bank hatched the deal between Abramovich and Berezovsky (10).
(For more on how Alfa-Bank is connected to Trump-Russia, go here:) https://www.reddit.com/politics/comments/7zogr0/rick_gates_trump_campaign_aide_to_plead_guilty_in/duq3t61/
Wendi Deng pushes her way into Murdoch's social networking venture
- Oleg Deripaska’s deal with Abramovich led to the end of the Aluminum Wars and turned Abramovich from rich to an oligarch (8)(9).
- Abramovich, close with Yeltsin, first suggested Putin to succeed Yeltsin as president. Abramovich also suggested to Putin to anoint Medvedev as successor after Putin (7).
- Roman Abramovich has been good friends with Alisher Usmanov since the 1980‘s. So close that Usmanov gave Abramovich’s first wife, Olga, a job at his plastic bag company (12). Usmanov would later serve six years in prison for embezzlement (13). Eventually Abramovich and Usmanov owned competing football clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal, in London (12).
- Suspected Putin love interest (14), Wendi Deng, has been spotted on Abramovich’s yacht (15) and is said to have introduced Ivanka Trump to Abramovich’s then wife, Dasha Zhukova, in 2007 (16). Wendi Deng, Ivanka Trump, and Dasha Zhukova have become very good friends ever since (17)(18).
MySpace was a hot commodity when, in February 2005, MySpace co-founder Chris DeWolfe held talks with Zuckerberg about an eventually failed bid to buy Facebook. Instead, in July of that same year Murdoch’s News Corp purchased MySpace (19). In 2006 Deng headed to China to open a MySpace office and, in 2007, was promoted to chief of strategy of MySpace China(23). In Murdoch’s fast launch of MySpace China through a consortium of investors put together by Deng (24), Murdoch quickly acquiesced to China’s demands for heavy internet censorship, the environment in which Deng gained her experience in her foray into social media.
Rumors swirled at the time that Wendi Deng had an affair with MySpace co-founder Chris DeWolfe (25).
Wendi Deng would eventual become friends with Mark Zuckerberg- introducing him to Rupert Murdoch (27)- and Facebook board member, Peter Thiel- entering a business partnership, Artsy.net, with him (29). Russia and Silicone Valley converge in Hong Kong while Wendi Deng is at MySpace China
Yuri Milner had been in the internet industry since 2000, founding NetBridge with an old colleague from scandal-ridden Menatap and later founded Digital Sky Technologies (DST) in 2005.
Suspiciously, in 2006 Steve Bannon headed to Hong Kong to work for Internet Gaming Entertainment where he persuaded Goldman Sachs, to which he was an alum, to invest in IGE (41). If you recall, DST’s employees are a good proportion Goldman Sach alums (42), and Milner played matchmaker in Goldman Sachs’ heavy investment into Facebook (43). Both Goldman Sachs and DST ended up being the big winners in Facebook’s botched IPO (44). Goldman Sachs also happens to be a resident of Li Ka-Shing's building Cheung Kong Center, where Li Ka-Shing is also a tenet (50) and Goldman Sachs has done business with Li Ka-Shing (51).
Also suspiciously in September 2006, around the time Wendi Deng joined MySpace China, Pavel Durov of St. Petersburg State University began beta-testing what would become Russia’s most popular social networking site, VKontakte (30). If St. Petersburg State University sounds familiar, it’s where Cambridge University lecturer and suspected Russian spy Alexander Kogan shared the technique he used for scraping Facebook data from non-participating memebers in the Cambridge Analytica scandal (31).
At that time Erik Prince had already founded Frontier Services Group in Hong Kong, way back in 1988 at the young age of 19 (53)(54). Frontier Services Group is majority owned by CITIC (54), which was run by Li Ka-Shing at the time (55). In 1988, CITIC teamed up with Li Ka-Shing's Hutchison Wampoa to launch China's first commercial satellite that led directly to Li Ka-Shing's son, Richard Li, to found STARTV, later sold to Rupert Murdoch (56).
In Nov 2007 Li Ka-Shing's Horizon Ventures invested $60 million into Facebook. In March 2008 Horizon Ventures invested another $60 million(57).
In September 2008, Abramovich’s old buddy, Alisher Usmanov, took a controlling stake in DST (32). Three months later, in November of 2008, Milner sat at a Starbucks in Palo Alto with Mark Zuckerberg discussing raising a billion dollars in 60 days (34).
It must be made clear at this point that Wendi Deng has a close relationship to Li Ka-Shing and tipped Ka-Shing to invest in other companies, including the TrimIt app, which News International, a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's Newscorp, also invested in (52).
On Jan 1, 2009, DST Global was registered in Hong Kong, of all places (35). In May, 2009, Milner’s DST invested $200 million into Facebook at an inflated valuation of $10 billion dollars without a seat on the board, financed by Kremlin-owned Gazprombank, as revealed by the Paradise Papers. Just so you know, shady Alisher Usmanov was General Director of Gazprom Investment Holdings at the time (36)(37)(38)(33).
2009 is also the year Medvedev appointed Yuri Milner to the Presidential Innovation Commission, where he served until 2011 (46).
By 2010, Milner had invested in Russia’s Facebook competitor, Vktonkate, as well (32).
On June 23, 2010, Dmitry Medvedev, visited Silicon Valley (47).
Then on October 1, 2012, Zuckerberg met Medvedev in Moscow (48).
One month later, Trump would register Make America Great Again (49). Wendi Deng, Yuri Milner, and Facebook board member Peter Thiel
Wendi Deng would go on to found Artsy.net with Peter Thiel and Dasha Zhukova. Josh Kushner’s Thrive would invest into Artsy.net.
Yuri Milner also invested in Cadre owned by Josh Kushner, Jared Kushner, and Ryan Willaims (1) that's now mired in controversy (2).
For more connections on Peter Thiel and Yuri Milner, go here: https://www.reddit.com/RussiaLago/comments/87vo61/peter_thiel_deeply_embedded_in_trumprussia/
For more info on Peter Thiel’s Facebook and Palantir in Cambridge Analytica, go here: https://www.reddit.com/RussiaLago/comments/87ax7e/cambridge_analytica_prime
2018 Survey Results
submitted by PelotonMod to peloton [link] [comments]
Hi everyone, here we are with some results! The survey was left open for ten days in order to garner a good number of responses, and it's up on spring but we're still far from the peak observed during Summer'15. Seems like there's a mass post-Tour exodus for some reason.
|Year ||2013 ||2014 ||2015 ||2016 ||2018 ||2018 |
|Results ||2013-06-12 ||2014-06-25 ||2015-08-07 ||2016-11-17 ||2018-03-06 ||2018-08-20 |
|Replies ||351 ||598 ||1395 ||892 ||630 ||928 |
Top 15 Countries
No surprise to see that the USA is on top as ever, UK second and Netherlands third, but it's the way that the numbers have moved since spring in particular which grants an interesting insight into what the Tour does. It has a particularly dramatic effect on the number of Belgians, who see their share plummet once the classics are over whilst the anglosphere goes full speed ahead into yellow jersey fever.
|Country ||2015 ||2016 ||2018 March ||2018 August |
|USA ||32% ||28.3% ||22.84% ||25.32% |
|UK ||18.6% ||17.6% ||14.70% ||20.13% |
|Netherlands ||6.4% ||9.4% ||11.50% ||11.58% |
|Germany ||3.73% ||3.4% ||4.95% ||6.39% |
|Canada ||4.9% ||7% ||6.39% ||4.22% |
|Australia ||5.2% ||4.7% ||3.83% ||4.00% |
|Denmark ||3.9% ||3.6% ||4.31% ||3.79% |
|Belgium ||3.8% ||2.7% ||8.15% ||3.57% |
|France ||2.01% ||1.08% ||2.88% ||2.27% |
|Norway ||2.58% ||1.8% ||1.60% ||1.95% |
|Portugal ||1.65% ||1.8% ||2.40% ||1.52% |
|Sweden ||1.08% ||1.09% ||1.44% ||1.41% |
|Slovenia || ||0.73% ||0.32% ||1.30% |
|Ireland ||1.00% ||1.09% ||1.44% ||1.19% |
|New Zealand || ||1.30% ||0.96% ||1.19% |
Elsewhere, German TV covering the Tour again has a positive effect on sub numbers, whilst a couple of extra nations creep into the top 15, most notably Slovenia.
What's your age?
No great changes in the age ranges since spring, with possibly a shade more young people watching than before. Otherwise it follows that the average user is in their 20s, as you'd guess for Reddit as a whole.
| ||u17 ||17-19 ||20-25 ||26-30 ||31-35 ||36-40 ||41-50 ||51+ ||Total |
|2015 ||2.22% ||12.04% ||41.51% ||24.66% ||10.68% ||4.87% ||2.94% ||1.08% ||1395 |
|2016 ||1.5% ||8.9% ||40.8% ||24% ||12% ||5.4% ||5.2% ||2% ||887 |
|2018 Mar ||1% ||7.1% ||33.5% ||27.4% ||16.2% ||7% ||5.7% ||2.1% ||617 |
|2018 Aug ||1.7% ||9% ||33.9% ||26.4% ||15.5% ||7% ||5% ||1.5% ||905 |
What's your Gender?
Sticking with the theme of usual reddit demographics, it's an overwhelmingly male presence, with just 49 female respondents in all.
| ||'13 ||'14 ||'15 ||'16 ||'18 (1) ||'18 (2) |
|Male ||97.2% ||97% ||94.9% ||93.4% ||93.3% ||93.6% |
|Female ||2.8% ||2.7% ||4.8% ||5.3% ||5.3% ||5.4% |
|Other ||- ||0.33% ||0.29% ||0.78% ||0.76% ||- |
|Non-Binary ||- ||- ||- ||- ||0.64% ||0.99% |
How much of the season do you watch/follow?
So far, aside from a little change in which nationalities tune in, there hasn't been too much of a change. Here though it's plain to see the difference in fan base between spring and summer on the sub. Grand Tour watching increases (as you might expect), monuments & WT stage races lose a little ground, but everything else takes a nosedive.
|Type ||March '18 (%) ||August '18 (%) |
|Grand Tours ||84.7 ||92.0 |
|Monuments ||79.1 ||74.9 |
|WT Stage races ||67.4 ||62.4 |
|WT One day races ||73.3 ||59.8 |
|Non WT Stage races ||32.6 ||16.7 |
|Non WT One day races ||34.8 ||13.7 |
|Literally everything I can consume ||35.9 ||18.1 |
It's fair to say Le Samyn is not for everyone, but that's quite the drop.
How long have you been watching Cycling?
Simply put, most of us have been watching cycling for less than six years, and just over a quarter have picked it up inside the last three, or since mid-2015.
|Time (years) ||under a year ||1 -2 ||2 - 3 ||3 - 4 ||4 - 5 ||5 - 6 ||6-7 ||7 -8 ||8 - 9 ||9 - 10 ||10 - 11 ||11 - 12 ||12 -13 ||13 - 14 ||14 - 15 ||15 - 20 ||20 - 25 ||25 + |
|March (%) ||4 ||10.5 ||12.6 ||9.6 ||8.1 ||8.9 ||- ||6.9 ||4.8 ||- ||6.2 ||2.2 ||1.8 ||0.8 ||4.5 ||10.7 ||4.9 ||3.5 |
|August (%) ||4 ||10 ||13.2 ||9.9 ||7.7 ||8.3 ||5 ||4.6 ||2.7 ||5.4 ||3.2 ||2.2 ||1.8 ||1.9 ||1.8 ||9.5 ||5 ||3.8 |
This makes looking at the data a wee bit simpler.
|Time (years) ||0-5 ||5-11 ||11-15 ||15 & more |
|MAR ||44.8% ||26.8% ||9.3% ||19.1% |
|AUG ||44.8% ||29.2% ||7.7% ||18.3% |
Which teams do you like or not like? This one is sorted by karma, which is simply the number of likes minus the number of dislikes. The 2015 answers come first and are highlighted with 2015, then the 2016 answers with 2016 and then the answers from this survey are highlight with 2018. Hopefully this will give a feel of the changing image of some of the teams in the peloton.
First off, a full 12% of respondents are apathetic about teams, with no like/dislike feelings on the matter. For those that do have them:
If reams of numbers scare you (and they should), then instead here's a handy little chart instead.
|Team ||Karma2015 ||Karma2016 ||KarmaMar'18 ||LikeAug'18 ||MehAug'18 ||DislikeAug'18 ||KarmaAug'18 |
|AG2R La Mondiale ||7 ||124 ||303 ||342 ||424 ||23 ||319 |
|Astana Pro Team ||-389 ||-343 ||-115 ||149 ||217 ||212 ||-63 |
|Bahrain-Merida || ||-185 ||-125 ||107 ||471 ||206 ||-99 |
|BMC Racing Team ||66 ||206 ||244 ||309 ||427 ||49 ||260 |
|Bora Hansgrohe || ||177 ||369 ||518 ||267 ||12 ||506 |
|Team Dimension Data || ||351 ||250 ||230 ||473 ||74 ||156 |
|FDJ-Groupama ||-7 ||72 ||152 ||130 ||554 ||85 ||45 |
|Lotto-Soudal ||24 ||151 ||287 ||231 ||510 ||31 ||200 |
|Movistar ||42 ||123 ||125 ||195 ||465 ||121 ||74 |
|Michelton-Scott ||208 ||556 ||279 ||468 ||301 ||34 ||434 |
|Team EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale (nee-Cannondale-Garmin) ||54 ||131 ||237 ||299 ||424 ||54 ||245 |
|Team Sunweb (nee-Giant-Alpecin) ||29 ||148 ||317 ||489 ||292 ||24 ||465 |
|Team Katusha ||-13 ||-101 ||-4 ||67 ||511 ||194 ||-127 |
|Team LottoNL-Jumbo ||45 ||183 ||224 ||454 ||323 ||17 ||437 |
|Team Sky ||-3 ||51 ||-155 ||292 ||236 ||315 ||-23 |
|Quick-Step Floors (nee-Etixx-Quick) Step ||87 ||328 ||347 ||548 ||238 ||33 ||515 |
|Trek-Segafredo (nee-Trek Factory Racing) ||4 ||175 ||219 ||216 ||527 ||31 ||185 |
|UAE-Team Emirates (nee-Lampre-Merida) ||-20 ||-28 ||-125 ||76 ||491 ||218 ||-142 |
What conclusions can we draw from this then? Firstly it seems that GT season brings out familiar discontent with teams like UAE & Bahrain, whilst Katusha suffer from being both previously evil and utterly useless. Astana continue on the path towards redemption with the dark winter of 2014 slipping ever further out of memory, whilst Sky sits more or less level as they mostly were prior to spring.
Chief among the favourites though is Quick-Step, outshining
PeterBora-hansgrohe, whilst Sunweb & LottoNL are reaching previously unthinkable heights of love with the sub.
Fair to say that no one cares too much about FDJ though.
Do you ride a bike regularly?
Similar stats to March as you'd guess.
|Answer ||2018Mar ||2018Aug |
|For fun ||61.5% ||63.4% |
|For fitness ||59.3% ||59.6% |
|For commuting ||46% ||46% |
|For racing ||20.6% ||20.6% |
|No, I don't ||14.2% ||12.9% |
Is Cycling your favourite sport?
A palpable difference between spring & summer, with the numbers most similar to the 2015 survey, also held around Tour time.
| ||2015 ||2016 ||2018Mar ||2018Aug |
|No ||40,7% ||34,7% ||30.6% ||39.7% |
|Yes ||59,3% ||65,3% ||69.4% ||60.3% |
What other sports do you follow?
Did anyone tell you Esports was on the rise? Because it's leaping up the table every year, especially when it includes DotA. Otherwise, Soccer is king, and Formula 1 at last freed from the cruel tyranny of the Motorsports category shoots up to second, with American Football third.
|Sport ||# ||% (/920) |
|I don't follow other sports ||84 ||9.13% |
|Association Football / Soccer ||477 ||51.85% |
|Formula 1 ||267 ||29.02% |
|American Football ||208 ||22.61% |
|Basketball ||181 ||19.67% |
|Esports (yes, this includes DotA) ||146 ||15.87% |
|Rugby ||139 ||15.11% |
|Track & Field ||125 ||13.59% |
|Ice Hockey ||119 ||12.93% |
|Skiing ||112 ||12.17% |
|Motorsports (Not including F1) ||102 ||11.09% |
|Tennis ||98 ||10.65% |
|Cricket ||96 ||10.43% |
|Baseball ||88 ||9.57% |
|Swimming ||65 ||7.07% |
|Speed Skating ||64 ||6.96% |
|Triathlon ||64 ||6.96% |
|Biathlon ||62 ||6.74% |
|Snooker ||58 ||6.30% |
|Golf ||54 ||5.87% |
|Climbing ||40 ||4.35% |
|Chess ||39 ||4.24% |
|Martial Arts ||38 ||4.13% |
|Boxing ||35 ||3.80% |
|Handball ||31 ||3.37% |
|Aussie Football ||28 ||3.04% |
|Volleyball ||25 ||2.72% |
|Field Hockey ||24 ||2.61% |
|Rowing ||24 ||2.61% |
|Wrestling ||23 ||2.50% |
|Weightlifting ||19 ||2.07% |
|Figure Skating ||11 ||1.20% |
|Gymnastics ||10 ||1.09% |
|Darts ||9 ||0.98% |
|Badminton ||6 ||0.65% |
|GAA ||6 ||0.65% |
|Futsal ||6 ||0.65% |
|Lacrosse ||4 ||0.43% |
|Sailing ||3 ||0.33% |
|Sumo ||2 ||0.22% |
|Surfing ||2 ||0.22% |
|Curling ||2 ||0.22% |
|Trail Running ||2 ||0.22% |
|Equestrian ||1 ||0.11% |
|Fencing ||1 ||0.11% |
|Diving ||1 ||0.11% |
Oh, and that guy who has voted sailing four times, you're in!
Other cycling disciplines
As for other cycling disciplines, /Cyclocross leads /Velodrome as usual.
|Type ||Votes |
|Cyclocross ||167 |
|Track Cycling ||148 |
|MTB ||79 |
|BMX ||10 |
Summer brings more invested users than normal, reversing the trend of less people participating in race threads.
|How often do you participate in a /Peloton Race Thread whilst watching a race? ||2015 ||2016 ||2018Mar ||2018Aug |
|I always participate in Race Threads during races ||2,8% ||2% ||2.2% ||4% |
|I follow Race Threads during races ||41,7% ||36,7% ||38.1% ||42.1% |
|I often participate in Race Threads during races ||16,8% ||19% ||16.5% ||18.9% |
|I rarely/never participate in Race Threads during races ||38,7% ||41,25% ||43.1% ||35% |
How do you watch races?
The ASO is unfortunately notorious for demanding that streams are legal and just, which sees summer piracy down on average, whilst local TV is up, as is the demand for paid streaming services, be it Eurosport, NBC, Flobikes & more.
|Method ||2018Mar ||2018Aug |
|Pirate Streams ||62% ||46.5% |
|Local TV ||55.7% ||64.5% |
|Desperately scrabbling for Youtube highlights ||37.9% ||30.2% |
|Paid Streaming services ||32.3% ||35.4% |
Where do you follow races (in addition to watching them)?
Twitter as ever remains an excellent place to get news and up to date live events on almost any race, along with various livetickers.
|Type ||2018Mar ||2018Aug |
|/Peloton race threads ||86.2% ||83.4% |
|Twitter ||30.5% ||34.7% |
|The Cyclingnews liveticker ||26% ||23.5% |
|Steephill ||0.52% ||13.5% |
|Sporza (site/ticker) ||1.89% ||9.5% |
|Other cycling forums ||15.1% ||8.1% |
|NOS Liveblog ||- ||6.8% |
|/Peloton discord ||6.5% ||5.4% |
|Facebook ||3.8% ||5.4% |
|BBC Ticker ||- ||3.5% |
|feltet.dk ||- ||2.2% |
|/cyc/ ||- ||1.3% |
|Non Cycling Forums ||- ||1.3% |
|DirectVelo ||- ||1.3% |
|/peloton IRC ||~0 ||0.8% |
Worth noting the option list wasn't quite as long last time, which may have affected the outcome a tad.
Do you use /Peloton mostly in classic reddit or redesign when on the desktop?
Most of you remain true to the old reddit. Via the powers of enhanced traffic stats it's also possible to gauge where sub traffic came from in general. Here's a sneak peak at them.. Tour de July indeed.
|Type ||Percent |
|Classic ||75.1% |
|Redesign ||24.9% |
Third party apps don't appear because reasons.
When does the season end?
Now the technical answer to this is as follows:
|Event ||% |
|Giro d'Lombardia ||43.4 |
|Men's WC RR ||37.1 |
|La Vuelta a Espana ||10.4 |
|Tour of Guangxi ||3.4 |
|Tour of Hainan ||1.6 |
As a general rule, the international calendar shall start on the day following the conclusion of the previous year’s final UCI World Championships event or WorldTour event and end upon conclusion of the final UCI WorldTour or World Championships event of the year in question. Which means the technically correct answer is the final stage of the Tour of Guangxi. However, we did establish in spring that the season really begins at Omloop, not down under, and now by an admittedly small margin we've established the season really ends at the final monument of the year.
There were shouts that it doesn't really end. it just gets a bit muddier, or that Paris-Tours is the real end of all things. One person also seems to think that the year ends at the Tour of Britain, which is a slight injustice to the Vuelta.
Rank the Monuments
The definitive answer in case anyone brings it up again, it's clear to see that Paris-Roubaix is the No.1 monument for /peloton, with de Ronde a clear second, MSR & LBL tied for third and Lombardy languishing at the end of the season in a distant fifth.
|Event ||Average Position ||Rank |
|MSR ||3.32 ||4th |
|RvV ||2.5 ||2nd |
|PR ||1.28 ||1st |
|LBL ||3.25 ||3rd |
|Lombardia ||4.01 ||5th |
Rank these Titles by Prestige
Just to get an idea of how clear the lead for the Tour is, a full 89% of participants rated it as No.1. Yellow is the colour of choice. Next up is the Giro in a solid second, whilst the WC RR sits third. The Vuelta is as much an afterthought in this ranking as it is in the season in fourth, whilst the Olympics really doesn't get the level of recognition it possesses in Athletics for example, sitting in dead last.
|Winner of: ||Average Position ||Rank |
|Giro ||2.48 ||2nd |
|Tour ||1.17 ||1st |
|Vuelta ||3.59 ||4th |
|WC RR ||2.96 ||3rd |
|Olympic RR ||4.19 ||5th |
And that is that! Thank you as ever for participating in our survey, which we'll probably stick to making biannual. We've read the feedback you left at the bottom, and here's a overview of the suggestions for the sub you guys made.
The subject that received the most references (over 20% of suggestions) was the spoiler rule, including love and hate for the current scenario. Both sides present good arguments. For now, the mod-team wants to make it clear that we are not considering to make changes in the near future. However, we will likely raise the discussion again once the season is over.
We had comments asking us to take a harder stance against anti-Sky posts. We allow every opinion, about any team, as long as you respect reddit and /peloton rules. Once that line is crossed, we take action. And, as seen in the section 2 above, the community feeling about Team Sky is currently close to neutral.
Some suggestions asked for more memes and fun - we have our friends @ pelotonmemes to give an answer to your needs!
One of the suggestions was "Promote idea that disagreeable comments do not necessarily deserve downvotes. Upvote comments that promote discussion" which is something we all agree with. Lately we have seen comments that are downvoted despite contributing to discussion, and we condemn that. Don't forget that the downvote button is not a disagree button.
People asked us if we could bring Cyclocross and Track onto the sub. For now, we prefer to keep /peloton focused only in professional road racing. /cyclocross and /velodrome will continue to be the home for the content about Cyclocross and Track.
There was also a suggestion about allowing more non-English content on the sub. You could always bring articles and content written in your own language, whenever it is relevant for the subreddit. And if you bring a translation of the relevant bits, even better!
Finally, we also received feedback about small questions. A while ago we created monday question threads, in response to older feedback, in order to diminish the amount of quick self posts - and recently turned them into 'weekly question threads'. However, some may argue - especially when a mod removes/redirects a thread - that this limits the amount of content in the sub - resulting in days where pelotonmod posts the majority of the threads, which is not an ideal scenario. For now, we will continue to ask you to post very quick questions in a question thread - if there is one sticky - and if the question is about a race underway, a sticky race or results thread may be your best bet - but if you bring a longer post raising a question that respects the other /peloton rules, that continues to be allowed as a separate thread.
What we learned in the Russia probe: Week of June 17 - 23
Housekeeping: submitted by rusticgorilla to Keep_Track [link] [comments]
- Shameless plug: If you haven’t yet, check out the spreadsheet I made of all departures from the Trump administration. I’m in the process of expanding it and turning it into a website (with the assistance of f00d4tehg0dz - many thanks!).
- There’s a mailing list for notifications when this review is posted plus a link. To be added, send me PM with your email address. If you signed up already, check the spam folder just in case
- If you’d like to donate a dollar a month, I’d appreciate it: patreon. Reviews will continue regardless.
On to the review...
Week of June 17 - 23: What We Learned in the Russia Probe
Roger Stone’s ‘frenemy’ Randy Credico told reporters
that Mueller has reached out to him for a voluntary interview, but he doesn’t plan on talking unless he gets subpoenaed. Credico told the Daily Beast, “The last thing that I would like to be known as is a rat.” Credico is a person of interest because Stone told the House Intelligence Committee that Credico was a backchannel between him [Stone] and Assange. Credico denies facilitating any such communication.
Paul Wood, a BBC journalist, says an American lawyer told Wood
that he was approached by a Cambridge Analytica employee after the election. The employee told the lawyer that the company had the Clinton emails more than a month before they were published by WikiLeaks. The employee then asked the lawyer what he should do, to which the lawyer replied he should take the information to Mueller.
Adam Waldman, a longtime US lobbyist for Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, visited Julian Assange
nine times in 2017. It is not known what was discussed at the meetings. The dates of some of Waldman’s visits are interesting, specifically three visits that occurred directly before and after Trump’s inauguration.
- Waldman was last in the news for text messages he sent to Sen. Mark Warner, offering to broker a deal between Assange and the DOJ.
- Deripaska is tied up in Mueller’s probe through his connections with Manafort. Manafort worked for Deripaska for many years and offered the oligarch a confidential briefing during the 2016 election. Further, Deripaska was recorded speaking about the US election with Russia’s deputy PM on a luxury yacht. A woman who was on the yacht with the two men is sitting in a Thai jail, but has offered the FBI to trade her freedom for damning information on Russia’s involvement in the US election.
McClatchy revealed more evidence
suggesting Donald Trump was involved in, or assisted others in, money laundering. Buyers from Russia or former Soviet republics “made 86 all-cash sales — totaling nearly $109 million — at 10 Trump-branded properties in South Florida and New York City.”
- Aleksandr Burman: A Ukrainian healthcare executive sentenced to 10 years in prison for a $26 million fraud scheme in New York paid $725,000 in cash for a Trump Tower condo in Florida in 2009.
- Leonid Zeldovich: A man who did “extensive business” in Russian-annexed Crimea paid over $4.35 million for four Trump units, three of which are in New York City, between 2007-2010.
- Igor Romashov: A Chairman of the board of a Russian oil transport company under U.S. sanctions paid $620,000 upfront for a unit in Florida in 2010.
- Many buyers appeared to pay more than the market value for Trump properties, another sign of money laundering. For example, Natalia Sivokozova paid $1.3 million for a Trump unit that was only assessed at $923,803. *Several buyers also had criminal backgrounds. For example, a man found guilty of “operating a sports betting ring for a Russian-American organized crime group” bought a Trump unit for $830,000 in Florida in 2010. The daughter of a Ukrainian businessman accused of laundering tens of millions of dollars paid $1.25 million for a Florida unit in 2013.
Roger Stone has once again
told the media that it's possible he'll be indicted. He added that Mueller's investigation has made it difficult for him to talk to Trump.
Rudy Giuliani revealed
that earlier this year FBI agents questioned him about his “2016 remarks predicting a “surprise” in the closing days of the presidential race that would benefit then-Republican nominee Donald Trump.” There has been persistent worry about anti-Clinton forces in the New York FBI field office, which Giuliani has connections to from his time as former US attorney for SDNY. Unfortunately the recent IG report failed to investigate this aspect of the FBI’s role in the 2016 election. Michael Cohen
Today, Monday, Stormy Daniels was scheduled to meet
with prosecutors in SDNY’s investigation of Michael Cohen, but the attorney’s office canceled
due to the meeting having been leaked, and fear the details of what occurs may likewise be leaked.
Michael Cohen resigned
from the deputy finance chair of the RNC’s Finance Committee, citing Mueller’s probe as one reason but also criticizing Trump’s family separation policy.
Cohen hired a new lawyer
, Guy Petrillo, on Tuesday. Petrillo spent two years in the Southern District of New York US Attorney's office, the same agency that is investigating Cohen. According to his website, Petrillo specializes in cases involving money laundering and fraud.
Tom Arnold tweeted
a photo of himself and Michael Cohen “hanging out,” and later went on various TV shows to claim that the two are teaming up to take down Trump. Arnold again implied he has damaging tapes of Donald Trump. After this, however, Cohen took to Twitter
to deny discussing anything related to Trump.
The South Korean aerospace company (KAI) that paid Cohen $150,000 for “accounting advice” failed to disclose
that it was the subject of a corruption investigation, yet was awarded a $48 million contract from the U.S. military. Last year, the former CEO and eight other executives were indicted in Seoul on charges of bribery, embezzlement, and defrauding the South Korean government.
- Cohen time as a consultant for the company began before the CEO was arrested and ended after KAI won the contract. KAI is now considered a front-runner to win an $18 billion contract with the U.S. military; it’s unclear how KAI’s failure to disclose the corruption charges may affect their bid.
Other Russian Connections
A group of American senators will travel to Russia
at the end of the month and celebrate Independence Day in Moscow. Reportedly the group includes Richard Shelby of Alabama, John Neely Kennedy of Louisiana and North Dakota’s John Hoeven.
John Bolton is traveling to Moscow and will meet
with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. His visit is expected to be prep for a meeting between Trump and Putin that will occur sometime in July. Two times of the month have been mentioned
: either before July 11th or after July 13th.
Wilbur Ross failed to truly divest
his holdings/interests in foreign companies, including Navigator, a shipping firm tied to Vladimir Putin’s inner circle, multiple companies co-owned by the Chinese government, and a Cypriot bank Mueller is investigating. When Ross found out the Paradise Papers (which included this news) was about to be published, he opened a short position against the Russian company, meaning he’d profit if the shares dropped. Predictably, the stock went down and Ross cashed out with a profit.
- The companies Ross is involved with are connected in a tangled web to other players in the Russia probe. For example, the largest shareholder in the Cypriot bank is a company connected to Viktor Vekselberg, “whom Ross once hosted in his office around 2014.” Vekselberg’s firm paid Michael Cohen’s shell company $500,000 for “consulting.” Earlier this year Mueller stopped Vekselberg at an airport, questioning him and searching his electronics. Note, Vekselberg also attended Trump’s inauguration and was at the 2015 RT gala in Moscow with Michael Flynn and Jill Stein.
- Forbes mentions that, like his boss, Ross lies about his wealth. Despite claiming a personal worth in the billions, his “financial disclosure report revealed less than $700 million in assets. When pressed about the discrepancy, Ross calmly cited more than $2 billion in undisclosed assets.”
Rick Perry is going to host
Russia’s energy minister, Alexander Novak, for a meeting in Washington DC this week. One has to wonder if Perry will bring up Russia’s attacks on our energy grid...
Obama’s ‘cybersecurity czar’ Michael Daniel testified before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence on Wednesday. The committee reached a bipartisan conclusion
that the Obama administration did not do enough to stop the Russians from interfering in the 2016 election. Daniel had ordered his team to begin developing aggressive countermeasures to deter the Kremlin’s efforts in the early summer of 2016, but none were actually put into action. In August 2016 Daniel’s team was told to “stand down” because some officials did not want to be seen to be favoring Clinton in the election.
- Sen. Mark Warner said that while Obama officials could have done more, “the Trump campaign and its allies cravenly painted any attempt to call out Russia for its attacks as a political effort to help Clinton and to steal an election.”
Also before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Daniel testified
that Russian hackers likely scanned all 50 states for vulnerabilities in 2016, not just the 21 states previously confirmed as targets.
Dems on the House Intelligence Committee released the names
of about 1,100 Russian Twitter accounts, many of which were active as recently as last month. Their tweets commented on Roseanne Barr’s firing and Don Jr.’s divorce, but not all were the MAGA accounts we are used to seeing from the Kremlin’s Internet Research Agency.
- In a testament to their goal of creating dissent and conflict in America, some of the accounts had starkly pro-Resistance messages. For example, KaniJJackson used Resistance hashtags like “impeach45,” “GunReformNow,” and “Resist,” while also shaming Roseanne for her racist tweet. Another, wokelisa, with more than 55k followers used to “TakeAKnee” hashtag to argue that kneeling during the anthem is in fact patriotic.
Sen. James Lankford, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, stated Wednesday
that Russian bots are “using the current family separation and immigration debate to sow discord among Americans.” State election officials
say they haven’t received as much federal funding as they need to secure their election systems. Minnesota and Vermont asked lawmakers for more to upgrade equipment and cybersecurity. This year, 41 states are using voting systems that are at least a decade old.
A 100 member delegation from Cyprus and Cypriot organizations paid to hold a conference
at Trump's D.C. hotel to explicitly look “into ways of exerting influence on Trump,” one of which was surely bringing business to the hotel. Adding to the conflicts of interest, U.S. government officials “addressed paying guests from behind a Trump Hotels-branded lectern,” further blurring the line between Trump’s private companies and the presidency.
- As if that wasn’t enough intrigue, Cyprus is involved in Mueller’s probe. Mueller is reportedly investigating “flows of money into the Cyprus bank account of a company that specialized in social-media manipulation and whose founder reportedly met with Donald Trump Jr.” One has to wonder if this connection played a part in the low price conference members paid for their rooms. In 2017, the average cost of a room at Trump hotel was $652.98 a night. However, the Cypriot attendees paid only $325 per night.
- What other foreign countries have had delegations stay at Trump’s D.C. hotel? The U.S. embassies of Azerbaijan, Bahrain, and Kuwait; Malaysia’s prime minister; Romania’s president; Saudi Arabian lobbyists; and the Turkey–U.S. Business Council. A couple of weeks ago, the Philippines’ embassy stayed there to celebrate its country’s independence, and later this month a Vietnamese private company is holding a seminar at the hotel to drum up Americans investment in its country.
An organizer of last year’s Unite the Right white supremacist rally in Charlottesville has received initial approval to hold a rally across from the White House on August 12th, the anniversary of last year's event.
Taxpayers have paid $20 million for extra Coast Guard patrols to protect Trump during his trips to Mar-A-Lago, which have numbered 16 so far. Note: This data does not include the cost of Trump’s weeklong stay at his estate with Japanese PM Abe, which conceivably could have cost more than average. When taking other costs into account, the Government Accountability Office estimates each trip To Florida costs taxpayers $3 million overall.
My twitter. Thanks for reading!
England cricketer Ben Stokes is voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2019. 15 Dec7 months ago England cricketer Ben Stokes is voted as 2019's Sports Personality of the Year. Find out more Sports Personality of the Year. Sports Personality of the Year SPOTY Betting: Marcus Rashford second favourite after forcing government u-turn. Join today View market . £40 Bet £10 get £30 in free bets + 10 casino bonus. Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To Ben Stokes wins Sports Personality 2019 Familiarise yourself with the past winners of Sports Personality of the Year. First handed out in 1954, the trophy celebrated its 65th anniversary in Compare BBC Sports Personality of the Year betting odds for 2019 from the best bookies below and claim SPOTY free bets from best bookmakers. BBC Sports Personality of Year Odds 2019 To win SPOTY 2019; BBC TV on Sunday December 15; click best odds bold; Each-Way Place Terms: Win Only.